Alabama vs LSU game thread CBS

That might also be a border thing though. The UT fans that live in SC or on the border or in GA seem to sometimes hate USCe and UGA moreso than the average Vols fans.

I mean I get Arky's feelings, though. They lost a lot of their traditional rivalries once the SWC fell apart. This was something nice for them to have/grab on to, especially after the move.

I've just never been able to grasp how exactly the LSU fans feel about it.

Thats the truth.. LSU/Ark were sort of set up after the move from the SWC. It may not have been much at first for either team but Arkansas has lost plenty of bitterly contested battles with LSU. Both teams have crapped on the other's post seasons.. I can definitely say Arkansas fans get up for the Boot game every year

Thats the truth.. LSU/Ark were sort of set up after the move from the SWC. It may not have been much at first for either team but Arkansas has lost plenty of bitterly contested battles with LSU. Both teams have crapped on the other's post seasons.. I can definitely say Arkansas fans get up for the Boot game every year

They also were originally matched up against UT for the first 10 years in the conference; I think the SEC offices had been hoping that maybe that would take off too as some sort of border rivalry, but it never really did (the university being on the complete other side of the state certainly didn't help).

Well they're pretty much also the closest team now to a traditional rival that Arky has had in conference (prior to A&M joining), so I'd imagine that has helped it with the Arkansas fan base in the regards you've mentioned.

(Unless more hatred manages to develop over the years between Arky and Missouri...which it certainly could...shared border, both being in or having been in similar positions of possibly looking for further in-conference, shared major rivalry after losing their previous main ones.)

I would have like to have seen how good Kelly Washington would have been if he played 3 or 4 yrs. Man he had a way off taking ball gms over. Remember the 01 LSU gm?

Honest question. Have we ever had a WR that's as good as Cooper?

One of the best I've ever seen. He has that rare combination of being a great possession WR and being absolutely explosive on the outside/down field as well.

I couldn't really tell what happened to the LSU QB. It would suck to lose your starting QB like that.

They damn near moved the ball backwards on the spot, and that's not a good injury.

VN Store

Back