Alabama vs LSU game thread CBS

Nope nope nope..

I really hope I get to see shock, disappointment, and sadness in the faces of these LSU fans tonight. We can all share a round of tiger tears :p

the-struggle-faces-of-lsu-fans-during-mississippi-state-home-game-2014-39e7433d1c1c5319.jpg

Do they consider you guys as much of a rivalry as you do them?

Nope nope nope..

I really hope I get to see shock, disappointment, and sadness in the faces of these LSU fans tonight. We can all share a round of tiger tears :p

the-struggle-faces-of-lsu-fans-during-mississippi-state-home-game-2014-39e7433d1c1c5319.jpg

I can see Miles stealing a win here. He somehow gets lucky at the most opportune times..

I thought this as well, networks jump at the chance to televise a lsu game at night

Well it's also that - after CBS - the 2nd and 3rd selections are ESPN night games.

As good a team as LSU has been recently and as big of a draw as they've been, more times than not they're not going to fall too far in the weekly selections.

Do they consider you guys as much of a rivalry as you do them?

Probably not as much.. we arent usually the other contender in the west but we have our fair share of upsets over LSU.

Bama/LSU would probably be considered their biggest rivalry game.

I think the networks still pick the times of non-conference games though, not the schools.

And I could be wrong on this one, but I think CBS can only exercise the usage of the evening timeslot during the two (or three?) double-header weeks selected before the season starts.

But pretty much on with the rest of that post.

You're right about CBS and the double header, but they've broadcast a lot of LSU games at 8:00. This is off the top of my head but 2007 and 2009 Florida and 08,10, and 12 Alabama were CBS prime time games.

Probably not as much.. we arent usually the other contender in the west but we have our fair share of upsets over LSU.

Bama/LSU would probably be considered their biggest rivalry game.

I think that's more recent though.

I mean hatred wise...that's more what rivals are based around, the bragging rights. Not whether or not both teams are competitive at the same level.

Well it's also that - after CBS - the 2nd and 3rd selections are ESPN night games.

As good a team as LSU has been recently and as big of a draw as they've been, more times than not they're not going to fall too far in the weekly selections.

Agreed, LSU is usually pretty good plus a night game huge ratings.

This is just an off year for the tigers and it has nothing to do witb Michigan.

I mean hatred wise...that's more what rivals are based around, the bragging rights. Not whether or not both teams are competitive at the same level.

I'm not sure.. I know the LSU fans in northern Louisiana and into Arkansas sure do love to hate the Hogs..

It usually doesnt matter what Arkansas has done all season, the Hogs always seem to bring their A game to the LSU/Ark game.. regardless of where we play it

I mean hatred wise.os.that's more what rivals are based around, the bragging rights. Not whether or not both teams are competitive at the same level.

Which is in my opinion the reason we continue to lose to UF we know we are better something happens and we never recover

Which is in my opinion the reason we continue to lose to UF we know we are better something happens and we never recover

I don't think I said anything about how that LSU/Arky game's played each year, with regards to who should win and/or does win, though...so I'm a bit unsure where you're pulling this from my post.

I thought the officials were going to botch that call. I mean, they did, but at least they corrected it via replay.

I'm not sure.. I know the LSU fans in northern Louisiana and into Arkansas sure do love to hate the Hogs..

It usually doesnt matter what Arkansas has done all season, the Hogs always seem to bring their A game to the LSU/Ark game.. regardless of where we play it

That might also be a border thing though. The UT fans that live in SC or on the border or in GA seem to sometimes hate USCe and UGA moreso than the average Vols fans.

I mean I get Arky's feelings, though. They lost a lot of their traditional rivalries once the SWC fell apart. This was something nice for them to have/grab on to, especially after the move.

I've just never been able to grasp how exactly the LSU fans feel about it.

I wonder if Bama had tried thier run an offensive player out late tactic tonight? If they have I haven't noticed it.

VN Store

Back