'19 AL QB Taulia Tagovailoa

I think we just have to get more big plays, not easy to do with the OL troubles. Nothing wrong with steady, short yardage drives but it gives more opportunity to be stopped.

Our D wasn't ready for a low scoring battle and O-line wasn't ready for a shootout. 🤕 My opinion anyway.
Your opinion is right

I agree with the overall theme of your post. However, if you remove Florida from their uniform and watch their first 2 games their defense is not good.
I hope you are right, but they are not bad either. Ours has played badly imo in both games..letting ETSU average 4+ YPC is unacceptable. ETSU shouldn't have been able to get back to the LoS against us.

It's not always about talent. It is about development of talent, and UK has developed its 3* talent better than UF developed its 4-5* talent the last 2-3 years. I saw an analyst, who visited a UK practice leading up to the UK-UF game, and he noted that UK has at least a dozen or so NFL-caliber players on that roster. I've seen other analysts state that right now Trey Smith is the only UT player right now that could be considered NFL-caliber. Now that obviously doesn't mean we don't have NFL-caliber talent on the team; it just means that talent has not been developed to that level as of yet. Similar with UF; their talent level went down considerably under JMac, and was not developed very well in JMac's short time there, so now UF, like UT, is having to start from scratch with its S&C and development of players. I have faith in this staff, but that is not done in one offseason, especially with so many players not getting to participate in spring and fall practices.

Bottom line is, right now, at least IMO, UK is a better football team than UT or UF. Now that might change by the time we play UK, but if UT had played UK last week, I expect we would have seen what UK did to UF. And that is just the reality of our current rebuild.
Amen

I agree. I posted last week that KY impressed me. They appear to be a very sound, and well coached football team with decent talent sprinkled in here and there. I hope it was a case of the Gators being really bad but if I were picking today I would have to take the cats against the Vols. However, that may change in the next few weeks.

Nah. Butch should’ve beat them last year too.

Nah. Florida just has Butch Jones 2.0 as there coach
Disagree...Mullen falls comfortably ahead of Butch Jones in the coaching ranks. You don't win as much as he did at MSU without having some coaching chops. Is he the nex Urban Meyer or Nick Saban? No way, but Florida was a bigger mess than most led on just like Tennessee was a bigger mess than most led on. I think UK is pretty well-coached, and the talent is underrated. They have several pros on the team.

Reactions: Vols4us
It's not always about talent. It is about development of talent, and UK has developed its 3* talent better than UF developed its 4-5* talent the last 2-3 years. I saw an analyst, who visited a UK practice leading up to the UK-UF game, and he noted that UK has at least a dozen or so NFL-caliber players on that roster. I've seen other analysts state that right now Trey Smith is the only UT player right now that could be considered NFL-caliber. Now that obviously doesn't mean we don't have NFL-caliber talent on the team; it just means that talent has not been developed to that level as of yet. Similar with UF; their talent level went down considerably under JMac, and was not developed very well in JMac's short time there, so now UF, like UT, is having to start from scratch with its S&C and development of players. I have faith in this staff, but that is not done in one offseason, especially with so many players not getting to participate in spring and fall practices.

Bottom line is, right now, at least IMO, UK is a better football team than UT or UF. Now that might change by the time we play UK, but if UT had played UK last week, I expect we would have seen what UK did to UF. And that is just the reality of our current rebuild.
Bingo

Disagree...Mullen falls comfortably ahead of Butch Jones in the coaching ranks. You don't win as much as he did at MSU without having some coaching chops. Is he the nex Urban Meyer or Nick Saban? No way, but Florida was a bigger mess than most led on just like Tennessee was a bigger mess than most led on. I think UK is pretty well-coached, and the talent is underrated. They have several pros on the team.
I know Mullen can coach given the time,(that Florida probably won’t wait for) I just hate Florida with a passion and want to see us go up while they go down. GBO!

I'm not sold on Mullen. Gene Chisik had an undefeated season and NC then went 8-5 and 3-9 the following 2 seasons. We all know Cam Newton won that NC. Not Gene Chisik's coaching. Just like Dobbs kept Butch looking average. Mullen has been blessed with some really good QBs. Maybe it was due to his development of them, but I personally think he fails as Florida's HC. I may be wrong, but he's gonna have to prove it to me. The media has crowned him the next Saban because he had a couple good seasons at MSST. He also had a couple of great QBs.

I'm not sold on Mullen. Gene Chisik had an undefeated season and NC then went 8-5 and 3-9 the following 2 seasons. We all know Cam Newton won that NC. Not Gene Chisik's coaching. Just like Dobbs kept Butch looking average. Mullen has been blessed with some really good QBs. Maybe it was due to his development of them, but I personally think he fails as Florida's HC. I may be wrong, but he's gonna have to prove it to me. The media has crowned him the next Saban because he had a couple good seasons at MSST. He also had a couple of great QBs.
🤔

Butch X 2. I'm way happier with our coaching staff.

giphy.gif

Can we wait till Kentucky plays someone before saying they’re well coached?

VN Store

Back