'19 AL QB Taulia Tagovailoa

whatever they do, it will be with the intent of making them better. i think JG is showing signs of life and there's a lot to work with there. teh o line still needs improvement. that would help a lot. i like the committment to running the ball, and i think overall the WR's are doing a much better job this year so far.

so if the O line can get something together, it'll do nothing but help JG.

the problem with all that is that after this week, the front 7's we're gonna see are gonna be vastly different than what we've seen thus far.

so while i think it's certainly fair to expect continued improvement......................i don't know that it will come in the form of W's the next few weeks.
I see no reason not to expect a W in the next two contests.

Reactions: Blake25p
well, i mean i could give you reasons why we might lose to FL. i could give you reasons why we might win.

siap, but, the only things that would surprise me this sesaon is losing to UNCC and UTEP, or beating Auburn, Bama or Georgia.

SMH..Expecting a W against UF?..We can win sure, but..taking it for granted.?..Have you really watched our games? UF is not ETSU, and they are not freaking WVU either. If the OL doesn't get their isht together, moving the ball on them is going to be a chore.

Yeah. I have watched, and I saw an inferior UK put up a W in Gainesville. UF was in the same boat as we were last year. Talent not living up to expectations on both teams. We get them at home. Advantage UT. Not sure why that is so hard accept.

SMH..Expecting a W against UF?..We can win sure, but..taking it for granted.?..Have you really watched our games? UF is not ETSU, and they are not freaking WVU either. If the OL doesn't get their isht together, moving the ball on them is going to be a chore.

I agree with the overall theme of your post. However, if you remove Florida from their uniform and watch their first 2 games their defense is not good.

Yeah. I have watched, and I saw an inferior UK put up a W in Gainesville. UF was in the same boat as we were last year. Talent not living up to expectations on both teams. We get them at home. Advantage UT. Not sure why that is so hard accept.

Last year's game, UF had 10 plus starters out due to injury, suspension, etc. We should have won that game. I got on the no excuses train there. Not again.

Based on the series history, never take UF game for granted or even expect a win at this point. Hopeful is the word. Just want UT to play well and continue to improve and hopefully we play good enough to win.

I see no reason why we shouldn't win our next 13 games.

Seems legit

giphy.gif

Neither is WVUs..and neither is our offense sadly..

I still don’t understand, at the end of the day, how we only scored 14 points. Ya know? As quick as they scored. No turnovers on our part. Seemed like we could move the ball, just didn’t manifest into points. Kinda bizarre.

I still don’t understand, at the end of the day, how we only scored 14 points. Ya know? As quick as they scored. No turnovers on our part. Seemed like we could move the ball, just didn’t manifest into points. Kinda bizarre.
I think we just have to get more big plays, not easy to do with the OL troubles. Nothing wrong with steady, short yardage drives but it gives more opportunity to be stopped.

Our D wasn't ready for a low scoring battle and O-line wasn't ready for a shootout. 🤕 My opinion anyway.

Too many one dimensional drives, with too many broken plays. I understand that the point was to limit WVUs possessions, which worked very well in the first half, but it got away quick in the third QT. If Grier doesnt Grier on a couple of beautiful throws for TDs on third down it might have worked out better..still too many breakdowns and a few bad calls for runs on second down.

I think we just have to get more big plays, not easy to do with the OL troubles. Nothing wrong with steady, short yardage drives but it gives more opportunity to be stopped.

Our D wasn't ready for a low scoring battle and O-line wasn't ready for a shootout. 🤕 My opinion anyway.
Exactly

It's not always about talent. It is about development of talent, and UK has developed its 3* talent better than UF developed its 4-5* talent the last 2-3 years. I saw an analyst, who visited a UK practice leading up to the UK-UF game, and he noted that UK has at least a dozen or so NFL-caliber players on that roster. I've seen other analysts state that right now Trey Smith is the only UT player right now that could be considered NFL-caliber. Now that obviously doesn't mean we don't have NFL-caliber talent on the team; it just means that talent has not been developed to that level as of yet. Similar with UF; their talent level went down considerably under JMac, and was not developed very well in JMac's short time there, so now UF, like UT, is having to start from scratch with its S&C and development of players. I have faith in this staff, but that is not done in one offseason, especially with so many players not getting to participate in spring and fall practices.

Bottom line is, right now, at least IMO, UK is a better football team than UT or UF. Now that might change by the time we play UK, but if UT had played UK last week, I expect we would have seen what UK did to UF. And that is just the reality of our current rebuild.

It's not always about talent. It is about development of talent, and UK has developed its 3* talent better than UF developed its 4-5* talent the last 2-3 years. I saw an analyst, who visited a UK practice leading up to the UK-UF game, and he noted that UK has at least a dozen or so NFL-caliber players on that roster. I've seen other analysts state that right now Trey Smith is the only UT player right now that could be considered NFL-caliber. Now that obviously doesn't mean we don't have NFL-caliber talent on the team; it just means that talent has not been developed to that level as of yet. Similar with UF; their talent level went down considerably under JMac, and was not developed very well in JMac's short time there, so now UF, like UT, is having to start from scratch with its S&C and development of players. I have faith in this staff, but that is not done in one offseason, especially with so many players not getting to participate in spring and fall practices.

Bottom line is, right now, at least IMO, UK is a better football team than UT or UF. Now that might change by the time we play UK, but if UT had played UK last week, I expect we would have seen what UK did to UF. And that is just the reality of our current rebuild.
I agree. I posted last week that KY impressed me. They appear to be a very sound, and well coached football team with decent talent sprinkled in here and there. I hope it was a case of the Gators being really bad but if I were picking today I would have to take the cats against the Vols. However, that may change in the next few weeks.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I agree. I posted last week that KY impressed me. They appear to be a very sound, and well coached football team with decent talent sprinkled in here and there. I hope it was a case of the Gators being really bad but if I were picking today I would have to take the cats against the Vols. However, that may change in the next few weeks.
Come on, man! They barely beat us in Kentucky last year, and we had already quit the season way before then and they had everything to play for. The game is in Neyland this year… Vols win.

Come on, man! They barely beat us in Kentucky last year, and we had already quit the season way before then and they had everything to play for. The game is in Neyland this year… Vols win.
They have some new pieces to their puzzle. We've still got major issues to resolve. I want to see more from both teams but right this minute I would pick KY.

Don't you have an equine rectal exam to get to?

They have some new pieces to their puzzle. We've still got major issues to resolve. I want to see more from both teams but right this minute I would pick KY.

Their QB, RB, and rushing attack scare me. We struggle it seems with a true dual threat QB.

I think that talent margin between Florida and UK may be a little closer than some think.

A well coached UT team would beat UK by at least 3-4 TDs.

We just happened to be awful under Butch which caused us to be in this mess we’re in now.

VN Store

Back