Absurd prediction

I would make uga unproven qb beat me. Play the run and leave our corners on an island. Hope our starters are healthy then

I would make uga unproven qb beat me. Play the run and leave our corners on an island. Hope our starters are healthy then

They didn't exactly have Aaron Murray last year. A lot is being made of UGA breaking in a new QB but they did the same thing last year and Hutson wasn't as talented as a couple of the guys coming on next year. He was just the one with the greater grasp of the playbook.

Preston Williams is coming in, but in all honesty all the guys on that roster can be solid of not elite players. Some got injured at a bad time and others haven't broken out yet (hoping they do). Most talented WR group in SEC if not nation ON PAPER.

That was kind of why I was asking. UT signed some of the top guys each year for about 3 or 4 years running but it seems between injuries and off the field issues they may have trouble getting all that elite talent on the field at the same time. Would be tough to cover a group with Malone, Williams and, if he stays another year, North (I say that because I can't imagine North not going into the draft after this year .. kid is too good to not go first round).

Yes, obviously a homer is going to pick his team to win. And a homer is going to pick his RBs to be able to "hang" with the best RB group in the SEC led by the best RB in the country. Throwing out that the recipe to beat the dogs is 8 in the box is like telling every SEC D-Coordinator that the way to stop Mizzou is stunt every down and disguise blitzes. EVERY team last year put 8 in the box against UGA and it didn't work. Whether it was Gurley or Chubb, they still got theirs. Yes, with UGA, the QB is a wild card but that may not be a good thing for the SEC either considering the only one UGA has that wasn't highly rated was Bauta.
Depends on what you mean by "worked". UGA lost to USCe (one of the worst D's in the SEC), GT (who had was 13th in the ACC in ypc allowed), and UF (who was just a flat bad team that UGA and UT both managed to lose to). There is a formula for limiting UGA's run game and that's really all a team has to do.

As for the UGA-UT game, congrats. You wore down a team with only 3 DT's- none of whom weighed over 290 lbs.

You might want to keep this in the back of your mind too... that undermanned UT had a strategy that was working. 137 of UGA's 289 rushing yards came in the 4th qtr.

The depth to limit UGA to 50 yds in the final qtr tilts that game to UT.

Let's face it, another year under Pruitt, another year of that offensive line with 4 returning starters, another year of Chubb, Michel and Marshall and the QB may be a non factor. UT may win, sure, but keep in mind, you're not the only team that improved in the offseason.

Like most other teams, UGA will improve in some places and regress in others. With the lack of production returning at WR plus an unsettled QB situation, there are questions.

On the UT side... your concern should be that almost every contributor returns. Only at MLB does UT look to drop off. The fact that UT pushed UGA to the brink with a bunch of HS bodies last fall should concern you. They're now the same bunch with experience and development.

The most ridiculous thing in that article though is the comment concerning Dobbs. It is as if the author didn't even take a cursory look at stats or read an article on SEC QB's.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I usually don't start threads, especially ones in which I complain, but this UGA homeristic prediction has upset me. Number one the score is ridiculous, but the reasons behind the score shows this guy has no clue about us. Enjoy:

Following a tough, physical game against Alabama, Georgia is going to have to try to rebound in Neyland Stadium. Tennessee is talented, but unproven under Butch Jones. Defensive end Derek Barnett, running back Jalen Hurd and wide receiver Marquez North are all talented young players, but they lack elite talent at key positions, specifically quarterback. Tennessee has nothing that truly strikes fear into its opposition. Still, they’ve nearly pulled off the upset against UGA the past four years. They aren’t going to let the Volunteers keep it so close this year. Watch for the offensive line and running backs to impose their will on the Vols and the struggles of Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs

Prediction: Georgia 41, Tennessee 20

I'm not sure how this poster defines "key positions" but this definitely looks like a contradiction to me. Jalen Hurd, Marquez North and Derek Barnett are certainly key players that will have an impact on the outcome. If he had just put down our offensive line he would have more credibility. I really did expect Georgia to blow us out the last two years and that didn't happen. This game will be another close one but playing at home, I think Tennessee gets it done 35-31.

Defensive end Derek Barnett, running back Jalen Hurd and wide receiver Marquez North are all talented young players, but they lack elite talent at key positions, specifically quarterback.
Defensive end Derek Barnett, running back Jalen Hurd and wide receiver Marquez North are all talented young players, but they lack elite talent at key positions, specifically quarterback.

Can we all take a moment to appreciate a UGA fan talking about us "lacking" talent at QB when I'm not even certain Richt has settled on one?

Yes, obviously a homer is going to pick his team to win. And a homer is going to pick his RBs to be able to "hang" with the best RB group in the SEC led by the best RB in the country.

Thought about it more and had to revisit this.

Do you seriously think saying that Hurd belongs to the same class of RB as Chubb or Kamara as Michel compares in absurdity to claiming UGA will beat UT in K'ville by 20 pts in part because Dobbs isn't a good QB?

Reactions: 1 person
UGA has beaten UT by a total of 6 points the last two years combined. UGA was clearly the more talented team in both 2013 and 2014 -- and still had to rely on a late-game UT goal line/red zone fumble to win each game. So now that the talent gap has closed and the teams are near parity, UGA expects to win by 20? In Neyland? Thanks for the good laugh!

UGA has beaten UT by a total of 6 points the last two years combined. UGA was clearly the more talented team in both 2013 and 2014 -- and still had to rely on a late-game UT goal line/red zone fumble to win each game. So now that the talent gap has closed and the teams are near parity, UGA expects to win by 20? In Neyland? Thanks for the good laugh!

Just to underscore this - since 1925 Georgia has only beaten Tennessee in Knoxville by more than 13 points once (2003)...This is historically a close series (21-21-2) with mostly tight games. No fan base overrates their team quite like Georgia's.

Just to underscore this - since 1925 Georgia has only beaten Tennessee in Knoxville by more than 13 points once (2003)...This is historically a close series (21-21-2) with mostly tight games. No fan base overrates their team quite like Georgia's.

This is where I would call the prediction absurd.

History says this game is always close.

History also says that Georgia's record vs Tennessee isn't all that great when Tennessee puts a team on the field with a winning record

This is where I would call the prediction absurd.

History says this game is always close.

History also says that Georgia's record vs Tennessee isn't all that great when Tennessee puts a team on the field with a winning record

Thank you. Exactly.

The last 4 seasons have been an abyss for Tennessee football and yet that is how far back you have to go to even reach a point differential of 21.

2011 - Georgia 20 Tenn 12
2012 - Georgia 51 Tenn 44
2013 - Georgia 34 Tenn 31 OT
2014 - Georgia 35 Tenn 32

These are the scores in the last four seasons in which Tennessee won 7 or more games in the regular season:

2009 - Tennessee 45 Georgia 19
2007 - Tennessee 35 Georgia 14
2006 - Tennessee 51 Georgia 33
2004 - Tennessee 19 Georgia 14

Reactions: 6 people
We lack elite talent at quarterback, and they have....who?

That said, it's silly to get upset about what a UGA fan thinks about this game. Of course he's going to pick his team to win and win big. They've beat us 5 years in a row.

Another streak that badly needs to come to an end.

Glad I can finally rip one fan base (USCjr) a new one when they start their ****e.

UT gonna make the ole ball coach retire twice.

I don't get that either, it's not like that have ever come to Neyland and won by 20. Even the Dooley teams played them tough.

Ready for a Vol win against UGA. Actually, I am ready for anything pertaining to Vol football. Been watching O&W game over and over

Ready for a Vol win against UGA. Actually, I am ready for anything pertaining to Vol football. Been watching O&W game over and over

I get that, maybe you could watch the Taxslayer Bowl again and a again, it's much better than the spring game.

Yes, obviously a homer is going to pick his team to win. And a homer is going to pick his RBs to be able to "hang" with the best RB group in the SEC led by the best RB in the country. Throwing out that the recipe to beat the dogs is 8 in the box is like telling every SEC D-Coordinator that the way to stop Mizzou is stunt every down and disguise blitzes. EVERY team last year put 8 in the box against UGA and it didn't work. Whether it was Gurley or Chubb, they still got theirs. Yes, with UGA, the QB is a wild card but that may not be a good thing for the SEC either considering the only one UGA has that wasn't highly rated was Bauta.

Let's face it, another year under Pruitt, another year of that offensive line with 4 returning starters, another year of Chubb, Michel and Marshall and the QB may be a non factor. UT may win, sure, but keep in mind, you're not the only team that improved in the offseason.

Maybe you should tell that to the UGA homer who the op referenced. He's the one acting as if only UGA improved over the offseason and it is obvious that homer didn't do any research of UT prior to making his prediction. He pretty much implied that UG will be vastly improved and that UT took a step back.

Georgia scares the hell out of me. One of these days they're gonna get a coach who will use all of that talent, and they will no longer be SEC Anna Kournikova.

Va, here's the thing with that. You can only accumulate so much talent on any given team. The state of Georgia is a hotbed, however what percentage does UGA sign of it's top 15 instate talent? They miss too often on the really talented Georgia players ( ErcBerry, Da Rogers, Darius Slayton, Cam Newton, etc..

Texas has even more talent instate, yet have they ever, EVER, seemed like they were building a potential dynasty? No. Because of average coaching..

It comes down to coaching and signing and developing Elite talent.

Tennessee is a better program with a better history.... AND our instate talent is improving every year. I'm not worried about UGA at all.

If the OL doesn't improve in year 3 then there's a coaching issue. Three years is enough time to recruit and develop an OL.

It was very obvious to me that the 2012 line was coached much better than the 2013 OL which was basically the same group. The 2014 OL was so limited on talent and experience that it was very difficult to blame the coach. The 2015 will need to be much improved and no longer a liability to this team for me the believe that the OL is well coached.

VN Store

Back