Absurd prediction

If they beat Bama right before they play us we could be in trouble.

But please football gods let Richt and their team have the same mentality about us not having a threat at QB.

Very difficult for a team to get up two weeks in a row against good opponents. Can only benefit us that they play Bama the week before us IMO. If they win a hard fought physical game, it'll be very difficult for them to replicate that effort again the next week on the road. If they lose, could still be ripe for the picking if Bama beats em up. I think we get Georgia either way this year. We've been very, very close the last 2 years with an inferior team. The table has turned. It's time.

Reactions: 5 people
If I were a UGA fan, I think I would be asking one single question every year:

How exactly are we gonna squander this season?

Very difficult for a team to get up two weeks in a row against good opponents. Can only benefit us that they play Bama the week before us IMO. If they win a hard fought physical game, it'll be very difficult for them to replicate that effort again the next week on the road. If they lose, could still be ripe for the picking if Bama beats em up. I think we get Georgia either way this year. We've been very, very close the last 2 years with an inferior team. The table has turned. It's time.

Absolute best scenario we could ask for. At the time, I think we're unbeaten and flying high. They, in all likelihood, will be coming off a loss. Neyland will be rocking like no one on their team has ever seen. should be awesome.

I'm right here with ya man! I live in South Georgia and this kind of nonsense is everyday talk here. Every year they're gonna win the National Championship and every year they get "robbed". It's pretty ridiculous and very delusional.

I'm 45 minutes from Athens, its all bull up here! I had a guy tell me the other day that if they can get past bama, they'd be undefeated this year.

We've had some valiant work done by our DTs the last two seasons, but teams like Georgia could always count on our run defense wearing down at some point in the game. They're most likely counting on a repeat this season, but we have a potential of moving that pile into their backfield this time out. Even if O'Brien and Owen Williams start ,they can go all out without the worry of wearing thin at crunch time...their backups would be capable of even more damage. Send them in waves and in this game of inches their inexperienced QB will need to start making plays...against our improved secondary. :wink2: This all hinges on some new faces balling out pretty early, but if they do? They ain't getting 40! :stop:

Reactions: 1 person
We will not lose a game by more than 6 points for the next two years, (17' 18' pending) I'll be surprised if we lose more than 5 total over the next two seasons.
I can see us going undefeated at home maybe 2 road losses this year. Just getting to hype and fans becoming more excited in a long time, feeding the flames butch has started, big Orange Storm coming. Get ready folks, it's gonna be fun!

Reactions: 2 people
I have read many things here on Volnation that have caused me to shake my head, but this one probably tops the list. Who was the source of this prediction?

Will be a tight game, but a 20 point loss? At home? I admit Dobbs hasn't been through a full SEC schedule yet in his career, but this writer is waaaay undervaluing him.

That prediction is one step away from "We gonna whip dey @ss, 100 to nothing!... WOOF WOOF WOOF!"

Who made that prediction? They obviously have done ZERO research on UT..

UGA's OL is going to just run all over our DL when the entire thing is filled with 5 star beasts.. and the one guy who isn't a 5 star(Barnett) was a breakout freshman all-american?

We lack talent at QB in Dobbs? Has whoever that was watched a single game when Dobbs was QB? Kid is lethal.. and with a year to work on his passing skills. How can anyone in their right mind not be worried about playing against him. Especially at Neyland?

People who know nothing about the team they are going against and then try to make a detailed prediction just show how truly clueless they are. At least use your brain a little and be like.. "I do not know much about this team, But I feel like we pull out the victory." at least that I could respect.

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I have read. I'm surprised he didn't pull out the "hobnail boot" speech. Welcome to Neyland Stadium and thanks for the bulletin board material.

They have short memories, 2 years ago in Neyland we missed beating them by 2" ....they only got out of here because of the fumble into the end zone out of bounds...if Pig doesn't loose his grip we beat those dogs....having said that Im glad they play Bama before out game because we have seen that kind of schedule the past 2-3 years...

I usually don't start threads, especially ones in which I complain, but this UGA homeristic prediction has upset me. Number one the score is ridiculous, but the reasons behind the score shows this guy has no clue about us. Enjoy:

Following a tough, physical game against Alabama, Georgia is going to have to try to rebound in Neyland Stadium. Tennessee is talented, but unproven under Butch Jones. Defensive end Derek Barnett, running back Jalen Hurd and wide receiver Marquez North are all talented young players, but they lack elite talent at key positions, specifically quarterback. Tennessee has nothing that truly strikes fear into its opposition. Still, they’ve nearly pulled off the upset against UGA the past four years. They aren’t going to let the Volunteers keep it so close this year. Watch for the offensive line and running backs to impose their will on the Vols and the struggles of Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs

Prediction: Georgia 41, Tennessee 20

Maybe you should stop starting threads. Whenever the thought pops into your head, say NO!

I usually don't start threads, especially ones in which I complain, but this UGA homeristic prediction has upset me. Number one the score is ridiculous, but the reasons behind the score shows this guy has no clue about us. Enjoy:

Following a tough, physical game against Alabama, Georgia is going to have to try to rebound in Neyland Stadium. Tennessee is talented, but unproven under Butch Jones. Defensive end Derek Barnett, running back Jalen Hurd and wide receiver Marquez North are all talented young players, but they lack elite talent at key positions, specifically quarterback. Tennessee has nothing that truly strikes fear into its opposition. Still, they’ve nearly pulled off the upset against UGA the past four years. They aren’t going to let the Volunteers keep it so close this year. Watch for the offensive line and running backs to impose their will on the Vols and the struggles of Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs

Three things need to happen for the Vols to be successful this year. KM and Shy have to be as good as advertised. If they are able to consistently push the pocket then that will payoff big for Barnett and Maggitt and The Vols will be a defensive force on the front.

If that happens i truly believe the score will be UT 42 UGA 28 and Tennessee will win 10 games this year and pull off a few upsets.

If KM and Shy are not the stalwarts we expect them to be up front then i fully expect the Vols to win just not as big. UT 35 UGA 32 on a late FG as time expires.

These type predictions don't bother me at all. I figure if someone on our board made the opposite prediction we ould be lauding it as visionary and they would be calling us delusional.

These type predictions don't bother me at all. I figure if someone on our board made the opposite prediction we ould be lauding it as visionary and they would be calling us delusional.

They would be joined in chorus by many on this board... You have read this site before? :glare:

I don't believe their O line will push our D line around one little bit, quite the opposite if you ask me.

I think the vastly improved D line talent and depth we have this season is going to make a big difference in several games.

We have no clue how well our O line will do against their D line but I think Hurd and AK will do well enough to force UGa into putting 8 in the box and that will open up Dobbs to run a little and get our WR's and TE's going and that's all the difference our Vols will need.

I don't believe that UGa will do as well in the passing game as our Vols will do with a new QB and them thinking they can run well against us.

We'll stuff their run game and then our boys will be all over their QB.

Our DB's are far too good to let much get by them when our QB rushing will be so potent.

I predict a hard fought, close game with our Vols getting the WIN by 7.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back