Absurd prediction

These type predictions don't bother me at all. I figure if someone on our board made the opposite prediction we ould be lauding it as visionary and they would be calling us delusional.

Exactly. You'll find it takes very little to get this place worked into a frenzy.

And you're correct, you'll see similar predictions on here made about UT's opponents...some of which we haven't beaten in a decade.

I'm right here with ya man! I live in South Georgia and this kind of nonsense is everyday talk here. Every year they're gonna win the National Championship and every year they get "robbed". It's pretty ridiculous and very delusional.

Where you at? I'm in Brunswick i know exactly what you mean. This part of GA is a stronghold for Bulldogs for some reason

Three things need to happen for the Vols to be successful this year. KM and Shy have to be as good as advertised. If they are able to consistently push the pocket then that will payoff big for Barnett and Maggitt and The Vols will be a defensive force on the front.

If that happens i truly believe the score will be UT 42 UGA 28 and Tennessee will win 10 games this year and pull off a few upsets.

If KM and Shy are not the stalwarts we expect them to be up front then i fully expect the Vols to win just not as big. UT 35 UGA 32 on a late FG as time expires.
UGA has a 5 star DL freshman penciled in as a starter. However he does not have another 5 star with him like out two are AND UGA does not return one starter on their defensive front. Add a QB that has yet to start and UGA has issues this year.

We've had some valiant work done by our DTs the last two seasons, but teams like Georgia could always count on our run defense wearing down at some point in the game. They're most likely counting on a repeat this season, but we have a potential of moving that pile into their backfield this time out. Even if O'Brien and Owen Williams start ,they can go all out without the worry of wearing thin at crunch time...their backups would be capable of even more damage. Send them in waves and in this game of inches their inexperienced QB will need to start making plays...against our improved secondary. :wink2: This all hinges on some new faces balling out pretty early, but if they do? They ain't getting 40! :stop:

Doggone it... STOP IT. I'm agreeing with you again.

UT faced UGA with 3 SEC caliber DT's last year (one was a converted DE who should have still been a SDE, one was new, one is a good but not great talent). Vickers' development plus Tuttle and McKenzie give the Vols 5 solid SEC bodies/talents. There seemed to be a little more recent hope that Saulsberry would make a contribution. If he could just give them 2 or 3 solid series per game... then the Vols have the depth to play in the 4th qtr vs UGA's run game.

But the biggest factor IMO is UT's CBs vs UGA's WR's. They return Mitchell with 31 catches but he avg'd only 8 ypc last year. He's questionable at best as the "go to" guy.... even if they find a QB who can get the ball to him.

So UT needs to play man on the outside IMO and then crowd the box.

FWIW, I believe if UT can score early then they can mitigate any late game advantage UGA's run game can provide.

I usually don't start threads, especially ones in which I complain, but this UGA homeristic prediction has upset me. Number one the score is ridiculous, but the reasons behind the score shows this guy has no clue about us. Enjoy:

Following a tough, physical game against Alabama, Georgia is going to have to try to rebound in Neyland Stadium. Tennessee is talented, but unproven under Butch Jones. Defensive end Derek Barnett, running back Jalen Hurd and wide receiver Marquez North are all talented young players, but they lack elite talent at key positions, specifically quarterback. Tennessee has nothing that truly strikes fear into its opposition. Still, theyÂ’ve nearly pulled off the upset against UGA the past four years. They arenÂ’t going to let the Volunteers keep it so close this year. Watch for the offensive line and running backs to impose their will on the Vols and the struggles of Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs

Prediction: Georgia 41, Tennessee 20
The same team that demolished Tennessee by 3 on their own field WITH Todd Gurley at RB and JW QBing Tennessee

Makes sense.

Georgia scares the hell out of me. One of these days they're gonna get a coach who will use all of that talent, and they will no longer be SEC Anna Kournikova.

Reactions: 1 person
By the time we play Georgia his argument may or may not be valid. Just got to wait and see.:crazy:

Interesting train of thought there. I don't think Georgia is going to come to Neyland and impose their will on anything. This game comes down to our Dline Vs their O Line and Vice Versa I believe Jalen Hurd and Alvin Kamara can hang with their running backs.

They may win but it is going to be a LONG 60 minutes of both teams doing nothing but pounding the rock.

The recipe to beat the dogs 8 in the box and use Curt Maggit and Derek Barnett to pressure the qb all night long.

I think this game is going to be another nail biter.

I wouldn't pick either team by more than three if I were betting.

Yes, obviously a homer is going to pick his team to win. And a homer is going to pick his RBs to be able to "hang" with the best RB group in the SEC led by the best RB in the country. Throwing out that the recipe to beat the dogs is 8 in the box is like telling every SEC D-Coordinator that the way to stop Mizzou is stunt every down and disguise blitzes. EVERY team last year put 8 in the box against UGA and it didn't work. Whether it was Gurley or Chubb, they still got theirs. Yes, with UGA, the QB is a wild card but that may not be a good thing for the SEC either considering the only one UGA has that wasn't highly rated was Bauta.

Let's face it, another year under Pruitt, another year of that offensive line with 4 returning starters, another year of Chubb, Michel and Marshall and the QB may be a non factor. UT may win, sure, but keep in mind, you're not the only team that improved in the offseason.

Yes, obviously a homer is going to pick his team to win. And a homer is going to pick his RBs to be able to "hang" with the best RB group in the SEC led by the best RB in the country. Throwing out that the recipe to beat the dogs is 8 in the box is like telling every SEC D-Coordinator that the way to stop Mizzou is stunt every down and disguise blitzes. EVERY team last year put 8 in the box against UGA and it didn't work. Whether it was Gurley or Chubb, they still got theirs. Yes, with UGA, the QB is a wild card but that may not be a good thing for the SEC either considering the only one UGA has that wasn't highly rated was Bauta.

Let's face it, another year under Pruitt, another year of that offensive line with 4 returning starters, another year of Chubb, Michel and Marshall and the QB may be a non factor. UT may win, sure, but keep in mind, you're not the only team that improved in the offseason.

Picking Georgia to win is fine by me. But you have to admit 21 points in Neyland is a bit much. I expect a game like it always is between the two. A close one

Georgia scares the hell out of me. One of these days they're gonna get a coach who will use all of that talent, and they will no longer be SEC Anna Kournikova.

Or they'll Fulmer Mark Richt, convince themselves that Dooley is an amazing coach after all and bring him home between the hedges, where he rightfully belongs. That would be sweet.

Picking Georgia to win is fine by me. But you have to admit 21 points in Neyland is a bit much. I expect a game like it always is between the two. A close one

As far as a prediction goes, it's a bit out there yes. I am with you there. If I were a betting man, which since there is not a deck of cards around I am not, I would go UGA by a TD and as for an actual score .. PLEASE?!? Way to early for that type of prediction

Or they'll Fulmer Mark Richt, convince themselves that Dooley is an amazing coach after all and bring him home between the hedges, where he rightfully belongs. That would be sweet.

:thud:
Please no

I didn't say the Vols were the only ones to improve in the off season nor did I say that the Vols were going to even win.

If I remember correctly we had no problems holding Chubb and Marshall in check last year with a thinner depleted line. The ONLY thing that scares me about this match up is the same as every other match up our O Line. It is great that Dobbs is extremely mobile however you can only disguise a weak Oline for so long with a mobile quarterback.

If I were Ga there wouldn't be a snap in this game that I didn't have a spy on Dobbs.

Interestingly enough 2015 is the tiebreaker game for the series.

However Tennessee does hold the largest margin of Victory and the longest streak records.

Last edited:
I didn't say the Vols were the only ones to improve in the off season nor did I say that the Vols were going to even win.

If I remember correctly we had no problems holding Chubb and Marshall in check last year with a thinner depleted line. The ONLY thing that scares me about this match up is the same as every other match up our O Line. It is great that Dobbs is extremely mobile however you can only disguise a weak Oline for so long with a mobile quarterback.

If I were Ga there wouldn't be a snap in this game that I didn't have a spy on Dobbs.

That has to be a given with Dobbs but saying you contained Chubb last year doesn't make sense after giving up over 200 to Gurley already .. with 8 in the box. Also, saying that UT contained Chubb has to be based just on a stat line because for the most part he had 5 yard plus runs REGULARLY not to mention a 20 yard TD catch. Marshall didn't even play and Michel was very effective until the broken shoulder so I don't think anyone was really contained. There was over 250 yards gained by RBs.

The game SHOULD not be a blow out. I do think UGA will win but Dobbs brings a new dynamic that no UT QB has brought in recent memory.

I want to ask a serious question without it sounding like a jab. With all the WRs that have been signed over the past few years, who are the real threats (ruling out guys who are currently injured or in some type of trouble) to soon replace North and Howard?

LOL We got this close the last 2 years with virtually nothing, they're just in denial. And BTW, UGA is the last school that should be talking about "elite QBs."

What's laughable is that he didn't say "elite qb" in which he could be right. In stead he said elite TALENT. Dobbs has Heisman talent he just hasnt started long enough to know how he will fare.
Also he mentions "at key positions" yet he specifically names Barnett North and Hurd. As if RB WR and DE aren't just behind QB for most important positions. He didn't even mwntion te OL which is the only real weak spot. Def a homer or just stirring the pot.

I want to ask a serious question without it sounding like a jab. With all the WRs that have been signed over the past few years, who are the real threats (ruling out guys who are currently injured or in some type of trouble) to soon replace North and Howard?

The two Josh's and Preston Williams for starters...whoever's smart enough to sign with us this or next season to round it up...not mentioning Perry or Jazquez til next season.

That has to be a given with Dobbs but saying you contained Chubb last year doesn't make sense after giving up over 200 to Gurley already .. with 8 in the box. Also, saying that UT contained Chubb has to be based just on a stat line because for the most part he had 5 yard plus runs REGULARLY not to mention a 20 yard TD catch. Marshall didn't even play and Michel was very effective until the broken shoulder so I don't think anyone was really contained. There was over 250 yards gained by RBs

The game SHOULD not be a blow out. I do think UGA will win but Dobbs brings a new dynamic that no UT QB has brought in recent memory.

Preston Williams is coming in, but in all honesty all the guys on that roster can be solid of not elite players. Some got injured at a bad time and others haven't broken out yet (hoping they do). Most talented WR group in SEC if not nation ON PAPER.

Could not have said it better. After listening to the radio stations down here, I thought the second coming had arrived and his name was Nick..

I am from the Mountains of Tennessee, been in Armpit for a year and a half, I must Force myself to listen to the radio down here, I only do it because I need my "fix" for football. I listen to Finebum every so often, thanks to him the Rolaids Company has been lucrative since my arrival here. I bought a Bluetooth and downloaded the I-Heart thingy, it was a sound decision.

Go Vols!:clapping::pepper:

VN Store

Back