Abdul Ado

Joan Duran is a 6'6" SF that is about 225 with a 7'1" wing span and smooth as I've ever seen for a high school player his size. The guy I sat by goes to all there games. Said he is headed to either Kentucky or Michigan. Said he was probably the best player in the state. I said oh ok... Thinking it was BS. After watching him play... He could be.

Ezekiel Balogun is a 6'5" junior SG who has a 6'11" wing span and 36 inch vertical. He's a very good player as well.

They were up on Baylor a decent private school 19-0 before Baylor scored. They could have beat them 100-25 if they wanted too.

Don't get me wrong... Ado is good and has a high ceiling. Runs the floor well and would be a great get. But at this point as a junior is probably the 3rd best guy on the team. But he's good!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Joan Duran is a 6'6" SF that is about 225 with a 7'1" wing span and smooth as I've ever seen for a high school player his size. The guy I sat by goes to all there games. Said he is headed to either Kentucky or Michigan. Said he was probably the best player in the state. I said oh ok... Thinking it was BS. After watching him play... He could be.

Ezekiel Balogun is a 6'5" junior SG who has a 6'11" wing span and 36 inch vertical. He's a very good player as well.

They were up on Baylor a decent private school 19-0 before Baylor scored. They could have beat them 100-25 if they wanted too.

Don't get me wrong... Ado is good and has a high ceiling. Runs the floor well and would be a great get. But at this point as a junior is probably the 3rd best guy on the team. But he's good!!!

thank you sir

I wonder how a little school in Chattanooga - not really known for their sports program, can assemble talent such as this? Seems a little odd to me.

I wonder how a little school in Chattanooga - not really known for their sports program, can assemble talent such as this? Seems a little odd to me.

It's another one of those feeder schools for the elite of college basketball. Lots of money flows into these schools to pay for the best high school talent in the country to play together. They are all over the country. Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Virginia is another one.

Yeah... I sat by a well known high school coach in Chatt. And he kinda told me the deal. They bring these kids in from all over. A couple kids from Africa ... The Bahamas etc... And they are grooming them to be big time bball players. Several 6'6" they 6'8" kids on the team. Only 70 kids total in the school. Apparently a church is backing the whole thing. They play Oak Hill... Huntington Prep.. And all those teams.

It's another one of those feeder schools for the elite of college basketball. Lots of money flows into these schools to pay for the best high school talent in the country to play together. They are all over the country. Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Virginia is another one.

Not really. Hamilton Heights is a very small private school that has focused more on bringing in players from overseas, Africa mostly, and giving them a platform to show off their skills.

Places like Oak Hill Academy, IMG Academy, Montverde Academy, are well-known, established prep schools that recruit the best players in the country to attend their prep school on a scholarship basis.

Reactions: 1 person
Not really. Hamilton Heights is a very small private school that has focused more on bringing in players from overseas, Africa mostly, and giving them a platform to show off their skills.

Places like Oak Hill Academy, IMG Academy, Montverde Academy, are well-known, established prep schools that recruit the best players in the country to attend their prep school on a scholarship basis.

Yup. There's nothing wrong with it, really. They only play each other as far as I know. Could be wrong, though.

Not really. Hamilton Heights is a very small private school that has focused more on bringing in players from overseas, Africa mostly, and giving them a platform to show off their skills. Places like Oak Hill Academy, IMG Academy, Montverde Academy, are well-known, established prep schools that recruit the best players in the country to attend their prep school on a scholarship basis.
Somebody foots the bill and it is not the little schools. A lot of these kids are poor especially the ones from Africa. It is an unregulated way for the big business of college basketball to groom the players who bring in the bucks before the NCAA ever enters the picture. Even the NBA could have a hand in providing the money. Some have jumped straight into the NBA from these feeder schools.

It's very interesting that you say that about Juan Duran, but Juan doesn't even have a rivals/247 profile... Any reason why? He's also a senior.

It's very interesting that you say that about Juan Duran, but Juan doesn't even have a rivals/247 profile... Any reason why? He's also a senior.

Yeah... I saw the same thing no recruiting profile for him. He looked very good... But in reality it's hard to tell due to them being so much better than the competition. It really looked like a college team playing a high school team. It will be interesting to see how he plays against Huntington Prep and Oak Hill. I'm gonna go watch them play McCallie next week. McCallie isn't great, but they are well coached (UTC's former coach) and deep. I think they play White Station in Jan too.

He had 17 pts against Providence Day

Last edited:
Somebody foots the bill and it is not the little schools. A lot of these kids are poor especially the ones from Africa. It is an unregulated way for the big business of college basketball to groom the players who bring in the bucks before the NCAA ever enters the picture. Even the NBA could have a hand in providing the money. Some have jumped straight into the NBA from these feeder schools.

That's a pretty wild conspiracy theory. What bill are you referring to? Tuition? Places like Oak Hill give scholarships, and like most every other prep school in America, it is likely funded by an endowment or trust from wealthy alumni/supporters. Hamilton Heights is not on the same national exposure level as these other prep schools, but likely operate in a similar way financially, though most likely on a much smaller budget and scale. It is basically the equivalent of Grace Christian Academy in Knoxville. They just happen to have a connection to overseas players looking to move to the US to use their basketball skills to better themselves, and use that connection to fill their roster rather than scour the United States for the best homegrown HS talent.

That's a pretty wild conspiracy theory. What bill are you referring to? Tuition? Places like Oak Hill give scholarships, and like most every other prep school in America, it is likely funded by an endowment or trust from wealthy alumni/supporters. Hamilton Heights is not on the same national exposure level as these other prep schools, but likely operate in a similar way financially, though most likely on a much smaller budget and scale. It is basically the equivalent of Grace Christian Academy in Knoxville. They just happen to have a connection to overseas players looking to move to the US to use their basketball skills to better themselves, and use that connection to fill their roster rather than scour the United States for the best homegrown HS talent.

I loved the tidbit about the NBA possibly helping to foot the bill. Talk about a conspiracy theorist. Geez.

I loved the tidbit about the NBA possibly helping to foot the bill. Talk about a conspiracy theorist. Geez.

I liked that as well. You know... Because if the NBA didn't fund this small school with 70 students in Chattanooga... Well you know ?&$&#%}

That just makes too much sense. It can't be true.

Yep, that one's pretty dumb. Oak Hill Academy has had 25 players drafted straight into the NBA. Those wealthy anonymous benefactors have deep pockets and no regulation, period!

Yep, that one's pretty dumb. Oak Hill Academy has had 25 players drafted straight into the NBA. Those wealthy anonymous benefactors have deep pockets and no regulation, period!

It's one thing for an alumni to donate money to his former school. It's completely different thing to have the governing organization giving money to the school like it's an NBA run player factory which is what you insinuated.

Heck, we have the Peyton Manning locker room at Tennessee. Darn that wealthy benefactor!

The days of HS to the NBA are long over. Few have attempted the D-League or overseas route. These basketball factory schools are typically watched with great scrutiny by the AA to see if benefits are being given.

That was my suspicion as well. I had never heard of that little school and just found it odd that they could assemble such a talented hoops team. Kind of reminds me of (potentially)what Brentwood Academy used to do in football.
Either way, it doesn't matter to me. I'm just glad there are some good basketball players that much closer to UT! Makes it easier for the staff to go see them.

That was my suspicion as well. I had never heard of that little school and just found it odd that they could assemble such a talented hoops team. Kind of reminds me of (potentially)what Brentwood Academy used to do in football.
Either way, it doesn't matter to me. I'm just glad there are some good basketball players that much closer to UT! Makes it easier for the staff to go see them.

This!

Now lets start reeling some in.

Played against Hamilton Heights. Coached against them. Hated them and they are a bunch of *******s.

Nothing to do with Ado I just wanted to share.

VN Store

Back