Abdul Ado

NCAA ruled him a partial qualify, can practice but not play...can imagine the reaction if Barnes would've taken this guy and he couldn't help us this year.

Maybe we should discuss if targeting Fulkerson over Key was a good idea?

Key had a decent game today if you didn't know.

Thought we had already discussed this would be something to keep track of and see how their careers went?

Yea we did that is why I brough it up. Early results show This isn't even going to be a debate.

Key had 15pts and 6 boards yesterday. The only thing he and Fulkerson have in common is they both had 4 fouls. With one of them recorded those fouls in a New York minute.

I'd rather having him and Him not being able to play, knowing we got a nice prospect, than a drought in recruiting. Jmo.

That's just ignorant Dallas. Especially since Ado ended up not even finishing as a top-100 player. If Barnes had worked hard to take him, people would have been complaining about landing another project big man who wasn't even top-100.

It can't be both ways. If you are going to chastise Barnes' recruiting (perhaps somewhat deserved) then you have to give him credit for steering us away from a kid like this. Maybe, just maybe, he knew something we didn't.

Reactions: 1 person
That's just ignorant Dallas. Especially since Ado ended up not even finishing as a top-100 player. If Barnes had worked hard to take him, people would have been complaining about landing another project big man who wasn't even top-100.

It can't be both ways. If you are going to chastise Barnes' recruiting (perhaps somewhat deserved) then you have to give him credit for steering us away from a kid like this. Maybe, just maybe, he knew something we didn't.

I don't pay attention to rankings. Ado is going to be special if he gets eligible.

Yea we did that is why I brough it up. Early results show This isn't even going to be a debate.

Key had 15pts and 6 boards yesterday. The only thing he and Fulkerson have in common is they both had 4 fouls. With one of them recorded those fouls in a New York minute.

Who is Key you all are referencing too?

2/~130...end the debate.

Lol. Fulkerson has a LOOOOONG ways to go. He plays hard but so would I if I was wearing the power T.

I agree, but I do think he's got a chance to be a very good player if he develops. He has a hustle and nose for the ball you can't teach, he's light so fouling is an issue, but I see more from him as a freshman than I did from McGhee or Carmichael.

I agree, but I do think he's got a chance to be a very good player if he develops. He has a hustle and nose for the ball you can't teach, he's light so fouling is an issue, but I see more from him as a freshman than I did from McGhee or Carmichael.

I have seen absolutely nothing that would make me say Fulkerson is ahead of Carmichael or McGee. I like how hard he plays but at this point I would take the other two guys.

Back to my original point. Key played like a future all SEC player yesterday against a good opponent.

I have seen absolutely nothing that would make me say Fulkerson is ahead of Carmichael or McGee. I like how hard he plays but at this point I would take the other two guys.

Back to my original point. Key played like a future all SEC player yesterday against a good opponent.

Please, for all that is holy, do not diss the Great White Hope.

I don't pay attention to rankings. Ado is going to be special if he gets eligible.

Dallas, that is nowhere near the same as this...

I'd rather having him and Him not being able to play, knowing we got a nice prospect, than a drought in recruiting. Jmo.

Your first quote here is sensible. The second one is still silly and the first quote does nothing to defend or rationalize it.

Last edited:
I mean, he's a nice prospect a lot of high side. Don't see what's so hard to understand? That straw is very thin and far away.

While that remains to be seen (I don't fault you for believing that), it's still silly to say that landing an ineligible kid that may never play is some sort of "win" for the program just to end a perceived recruiting drought.

While that remains to be seen (I don't fault you for believing that), it's still silly to say that landing an ineligible kid that may never play is some sort of "win" for the program just to end a perceived recruiting drought.

I see why you think that, and I respect your opinion. It's just my opinion that it would be a win, in that we beat out Ben, who isn't afraid to go into the grey area. Now, would that draw concerns from the ncaa , if Rick is beating out someone like that? (It shouldn't.) but, Who knows. I can see both sides of the coin here.

I'd take McGhee over Fulk, but not Carmichael.

VN Store

Back