Abdul Ado

Dr Pepper Invitational.. tonight Oak Hill plays McCallie and Hamilton Heights plays Chattanooga Central

I was at Ados game tonight and he just isn't impressive. He struggled dealing with a big physical 6'5" kid. Braxton Key is the real deal though. Very impressed with him. He did a lot of things you want a three to be able to do at the next level and I feel like we missed out on him if we passed on him.

I was at Ados game tonight and he just isn't impressive. He struggled dealing with a big physical 6'5" kid. Braxton Key is the real deal though. Very impressed with him. He did a lot of things you want a three to be able to do at the next level and I feel like we missed out on him if we passed on him.
I have thought highly of both key and ado. Seems like I was wrong about ado, just by reading stuff. Stil think he could be a good player after some college work.

Braxton had to leave the game tonight with an ankle injury in the 4th. Oak Hill beat a game Hamilton Heights by about 16 pts. Oak Hill is rediculous!!!

Last edited:
Must be having a very good senior year. That free fall we kept being told was going to continue down the rankings went the other way.

Barnes has disappointed as a recruiter. Good players, but the Vols need better player. Half of his next class shouldn't be playing at UT. We don't need players that will take 3 years to finally average 10 points.

Reactions: 2 people
Barnes has disappointed as a recruiter. Good players, but the Vols need better player. Half of his next class shouldn't be playing at UT. We don't need players that will take 3 years to finally average 10 points.

I am on the slightly disappointed side of things but this is over the top. This class has some reason for optimism for sure

Just need some more 5 stars like Ramar Smith, Duke Crews, and Robert Hubbs. Then we'll be hanging Final Four banners for sure.

Reactions: 2 people
Just need some more 5 stars like Ramar Smith, Duke Crews, and Robert Hubbs. Then we'll be hanging Final Four banners for sure.

Ramar and Duke were first team all SEC freshmen and big contributors to two Sweet 16 teams. They weren't five stars on offense, but they were fierce defenders. Duke was an excellent rebounder. Their problems were off the court. I'd take the on court Ramar and Duke even year.

There will never be another final four team wearing the Big Orange. Men or women. I was hoping to see the men in my life time. Pearl screwed that over.

NCAA ruled him a partial qualify, can practice but not play...can imagine the reaction if Barnes would've taken this guy and he couldn't help us this year.

I'd rather having him and Him not being able to play, knowing we got a nice prospect, than a drought in recruiting. Jmo.

VN Store

Back