Abdul Ado

@rockytopinsider: The #Vols hosted a 5-star center on an unofficial visit this weekend. Details here. Vols Host 2016 5-star Center Abdul Ado |RTI

Him visiting plus our great department for engineering makes this seem more and more like a good fit. Also being a great shot blocker and rim protector for Tyndalls defense. Hope we get him and blackwell

I think Tyndall has several options to add to the roster before next season. I fully expect to see at least two to three new faces along with the two we already have. If we can't get freshmen he will go JUCO and fifth year seniors who have graduated. We'll get a point guard from somewhere. We'll get another post and we'll see the three freshmen we have become a lot bigger and stronger over the summer.

I think Tyndall has several options to add to the roster before next season. I fully expect to see at least two to three new faces along with the two we already have. If we can't get freshmen he will go JUCO and fifth year seniors who have graduated. We'll get a point guard from somewhere. We'll get another post and we'll see the three freshmen we have become a lot bigger and stronger over the summer.
We now will have the open scholly we had, Woodson's, Chiles, and Richardson's scholly open right? Plus I'm sure one or two might transfer. So yes we could add 4-6 players. Probably around 5 imo. Hopefully the two wings we signed, a freshman pg and a JUCO or graduate pg, and another post.

We now will have the open scholly we had, Woodson's, Chiles, and Richardson's scholly open right? Plus I'm sure one or two might transfer. So yes we could add 4-6 players. Probably around 5 imo. Hopefully the two wings we signed, a freshman pg and a JUCO or graduate pg, and another post.

I think we'll have five new faces overall only one guy would have to leave. We have some candidates for that to happen.

We need 1 or 2 true point guards, 2 wings and a post.
Hoping the class looks like this in 2016:
PG: Goodin or Quentin Jackson
SG: With Shembari would be nice to add a guy like eli wright or someone else.
SF: Blackwell (feel pretty good for him becasue of the bonds connection)
PF: None
C: Abdulhakim Ado (fits defense well and we have a good engineering program)

Havent been following Basketball recruitng as much. Any ideas on some other guys that could come here? Some other prospects (Clayton Hughes, Romello white etc)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
:dance: Whew. I was getting worried. We absolutely love being a part of the Vol Family. I wouldn't trade y'all for gold. Well...maybe silver. lol just kidding.

But if not him, then who?

Last edited:
:dance: Whew. I was getting worried. We absolutely love being a part of the Vol Family. I wouldn't trade y'all for gold. Well...maybe silver. lol just kidding.

But if not him, then who?

I KNOW AD!!! I was about to start crying! But thanks for the reassuring!!!!! :rock: I promise :clapping:YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!

Sounds like Hubbs. It wouldn't be a bad idea for Owens to take a redshirt and use it to add some bulk. He's way too skinny to bang in the SEC right now.

Sounds like Hubbs. It wouldn't be a bad idea for Owens to take a redshirt and use it to add some bulk. He's way too skinny to bang in the SEC right now.

Owens taking a RS is impossible now with McGhee's injury and Woodson's transfer. Owens will have to play and give us 15 minutes (or more) per game. Without him, we are down to Carmichael, Reese, and Moore. Two of those aren't really traditional post players either.

Reactions: 2 people
Makes sense I guess. Otherwise some schools would stock pile a boat load of players. KY would never take advantage of an unclosed loop hole like that though... too much integrity (pretend like that is (ironically) written in blue).

Why? It's starting to look pretty clear that he just can't play. Especially if he can't get minutes on a team as thin as ours.

Another player of the past that started as slow or slower was Jordan McRae. That's one reason he was in Pearl's doghouse for so long - appeared he was "doggin it". Don't give up on Hubbs yet. He just hasn't found his niche yet.

Reactions: 4 people
Another player of the past that started as slow or slower was Jordan McRae. That's one reason he was in Pearl's doghouse for so long - appeared he was "doggin it". Don't give up on Hubbs yet. He just hasn't found his niche yet.

McRae showed much more promise though, his sophomore year he averaged 21.7mpg and 8.6ppg, he had 14 double digit scoring games, and 2 25 point games, I don't see Hubbs coming close to that, especially given that it appears not only are Richardson, Punter and Mostella ahead of him, but also Baulkman as well now that he's healthy.

Hubbs appears to be the 9th guy in the rotation now, and only played more minutes than Chiles who didn't log a minute in the first half.

Last edited:
McRae showed much more promise though, his sophomore year he averaged 21.7mpg and 8.6ppg, he had 14 double digit scoring games, and 2 25 point games, I don't see Hubbs coming close to that, especially given that it appears not only are Richardson, Punter and Mostella ahead of him, but also Baulkman as well now that he's healthy.

Hubbs appears to be the 9th guy in the rotation now, and only played more minutes than Chiles who didn't log a minute in the first half.

Agree. Hubbs has yet to show that fire and killer instinct you saw in Jordy. You could just tell it was only a matter of time before McRae pit it all together. Hubbs looks nowhere close to that right now, but he didn't have the benefit o an entire freshman season either, so I still hold some hope. I'd just like to see a glimmer of desire and attitude from him to give me some hope. I know it isn't an issue of talent.

Agree. Hubbs has yet to show that fire and killer instinct you saw in Jordy. You could just tell it was only a matter of time before McRae pit it all together. Hubbs looks nowhere close to that right now, but he didn't have the benefit o an entire freshman season either, so I still hold some hope. I'd just like to see a glimmer of desire and attitude from him to give me some hope. I know it isn't an issue of talent.

Agree, would love to see something, I'm just becoming less and less confident the more his minutes continue to dwindle.

He's good. Watching him play right now. The crazy thing is he's probably the 3rd best player oh his team.

VN Store

Back