Aaron Green for the Oak Ridge job?(confirmed)

Anderson County's good because they have a recruiting pipeline in Campbell County and have had for years. Chances are if there is a good Campbell County athlete, he ends up playing for Anderson County. I'm not a big fan.

I won't disagree with this.

Anderson County's good because they have a recruiting pipeline in Campbell County and have had for years. Chances are if there is a good Campbell County football player, he ends up playing for Anderson County. I'm not a big fan.
Edited for accuracy. No basketball player worth a damn has ever left Campbell County for Anderson County.

Yeah, look at all the great jobs their basketball coaches have gone on to.

Eldridge was solid. He's done a nice job at Maryville winning the state title his first year, but he's not been able to break into the college ranks.

I trust you, but I never thought I would hear "recruiting pipeline" and "Campbell County" in the same sentence.

Edited for accuracy. No basketball player worth a damn has ever left Campbell County for Anderson County.

You're probably right. When I was in high school, Anderson County's starting PG was from Campbell County. He was pretty good but wasn't some elite prospect; he ended up playing for Maryville College. I can remember that there were 2 twin brothers from Campbell County that were excellent basketball players, but I think they did go on to play football in college rather than basketball.

I trust you, but I never thought I would hear "recruiting pipeline" and "Campbell County" in the same sentence.
Without the contributions they got from guys like Jamie Chadwell and the Price brothers, Anderson County football would have never gotten off the ground. Well, that and the steroid program their sainted coach brought with him from Halls.

Without the contributions they got from guys like Jamie Chadwell and the Price brothers, Anderson County football would have never gotten off the ground. Well, that and the steroid program their sainted coach brought with him from Halls.

That's exactly right. Their current head coach also is from Campbell County but played and was very good at Anderson County.

You're probably right. When I was in high school, Anderson County's starting PG was from Campbell County. He was pretty good but wasn't some elite prospect; he ended up playing for Maryville College. I can remember that there were 2 twin brothers from Campbell County that were excellent basketball players, but I think they did go on to play football in college rather than basketball.
That would be the Price twins. If Campbell County's current football staff and program had been in place then, those guys never end up at Anderson County.

Jared Laverdiere was decent. He doesn't have the greatest shot, but he's a great passer and is quick as lightening. I've always got along with him, but he's probably not what you would call "D1" material.

That's exactly right. Their current head coach also is from Campbell County but played and was very good at Anderson County.
Campbell County's decision not to make Chadwell's father the football coach and following him with a procession of clowns had more to do with Anderson County's rise than any other factor, except maybe the TSSAA's lack of drug testing.

I liked Coach E. He left before I started high school, though.

The Price twins were good, but they were better football players obviously.

Eldridge was good. He got his start at Oneida in Scott County, where I'm from, although I went to Scott High. He was good at Oneida and dominated the district at Anderson County but choked every year in the region. He finally broke through when he got to Maryville.

Which, given that Campbell County now has the worst coach in the school's history, was probably an error in judgment on his part.

From my friends that go to CC, they all hate him. From what they say, he's the equivalent to what Todd Raleigh is for our the UT baseball team right now. Nothing is his fault and he calls out the players for everything.

Which, given that Campbell County now has the worst coach in the school's history, was probably an error in judgment on his part.

Yea, although I haven't actually seen them play since they got the new coach, I've heard that he plays some weird system where he wants a shot every 10 seconds on offense.

Eldridge was good. He got his start at Oneida in Scott County, where I'm from, although I went to Scott High. He was good at Oneida and dominated the district at Anderson County but choked every year in the region. He finally broke through when he got to Maryville.

I got along great with him at basketball camps during middle school.

At a UT/Florida game during his first year at Maryville, I met his father or uncle(I can't remember), but he seemed like a pretty good guy also.

From my friends that go to CC, they all hate him. From what they say, he's the equivalent to what Todd Raleigh is for our the UT baseball team right now. Nothing is his fault and he calls out the players for everything.
He took a team with two borderline D-I kids and a decent group of role players and finished with losing record in a year in which the district was down. He's completely incompetent.

I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

But I will say, there's a kid who transferred to Oak Ridge during the first semester. He's just 16, but I met him playing rec ball at the Oak Ridge Civic center. I think he can be the real deal. They have another young guy too that played Freshmen ball last year, he's pretty good too.

I got along great with him at basketball camps during middle school.

At a UT/Florida game during his first year at Maryville, I met his father or uncle(I can't remember), but he seemed like a pretty good guy also.

He was good. If you played in high school, you missed out because Wallace isn't even close to Eldridge. I'm actually not sure why he ever got that job.

He took a team with two borderline D-I kids and a decent group of role players and finished with losing record in a year in which the district was down. He's completely incompetent.

Yea, I saw that they had a kid score 50+ against Oak Ridge this past year.

He was good. If you played in high school, you missed out because Wallace isn't even close to Eldridge. I'm actually not sure why he ever got that job.

I'm a Senior now, but I didn't play in high school I didn't really start playing basketball much until my 8th grade year. I get along great with coach Wallace, but I'll admit he's not at Coach E's level.

As for CC players going to AC. I think we could classify Torres as a decent player to switch to my school and make an impact.

Yea, I saw that they had a kid score 50+ against Oak Ridge this past year.
I was going to recommend that some mid major and SoCon level coaches that I'm friends with go see Malicoat and the big kid this year. Then, I watched one of their games and decided I wasn't going to subject anyone to watching that clown's farcical coaching.

VN Store

Back