A writers thoughts on the Tennessee/Florida match up.

It's a bigger game for Muschamp, especially if we lose to Texas A&M the week before.

That said, Dooley can lose to UF and still have a successful season. The East title doesn't go through Gainesville this season.

It's the UK losses that will get him fired.

Absolutely this. Muschamp doesn't want to be the UF coach that loses to Tennessee. He's already lost as many games to UGA as Spurrier did his entire tenure, and as many games to FSU as Meyer did in his.

Right or wrong, Muschamp can't afford these losses because the big money boosters will go crazy.

Is that right? I don't think so, but their voices are louder.

It's a bigger game for Muschamp, especially if we lose to Texas A&M the week before.

That said, Dooley can lose to UF and still have a successful season. The East title doesn't go through Gainesville this season.

It's the UK losses that will get him fired.

Nope. No way it is bigger for Muschamp than Dooley regardless. Muschamp can still legitimately say he's rebuilding. Your season by no means ends there.

Scenarios that have Dooley as the UT HC in '13 are few if he loses to UF at Neyland this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Absolutely this. Muschamp doesn't want to be the UF coach that loses to Tennessee. He's already lost as many games to UGA as Spurrier did his entire tenure, and as many games to FSU as Meyer did in his.

Right or wrong, Muschamp can't afford these losses because the big money boosters will go crazy.

And you really believe Dooley gets to come back if he doesn't beat someone of note this year? UF is down but the name is the same. The streak as you mention is still there. If he loses to UF then what are his realistic chances of getting to 8 or even 7? Slim.

You guys are WAY too obsessed with Florida.................but let's say Dooley beats Florida, but then loses to UGA, USC East, Bama, and Miss. State.........he loses that one game along the way he shouldn't.

Florida loses to UT, loses to LSU, and splits with UGA/USC and wins the East with 3 losses. You think Florida fans will say "yeah, but Muschamp lost to Tennessee" or would they be happy going to Atlanta?

I'd love to know how many of your fans would take a win over Florida over going to Atlanta. If he beats Florida, but doesn't win the East, it means nothing.

If UT loses to UF the best it will do (IMO) is a tie for third.

In the grand scheme (championships) the UT/UF game will mean about as much as it did last year. IMO. But with that attitude that it means nothing, the Vandy and UK games don't mean anything to either team as well.

I agree with the first part, but our future is on shaky ground depending on how quickly Muschamp can make chicken salad out of the chicken $h!t Meyer left on the offensive side of the ball.

Muschamp gets one more season after 2012 to make things right, otherwise he's gone...fair or not. Losing two in a row to UGA will place him squarely on the hot seat by early November.

Muschamp will be run out of town by pitchfork wielding locals should he lose to both UGA and UT this year.

As would Dooley if he loses to KY ever again, in his life.

Reactions: 1 person

We don't care about you or your needs, or Floridas needs. Or Muschumps needs. You are on the wrong forum dummy.

:)

You guys are WAY too obsessed with Florida.................but let's say Dooley beats Florida, but then loses to UGA, USC East, Bama, and Miss. State.........he loses that one game along the way he shouldn't.

Florida loses to UT, loses to LSU, and splits with UGA/USC and wins the East with 3 losses. You think Florida fans will say "yeah, but Muschamp lost to Tennessee" or would they be happy going to Atlanta?

I'd love to know how many of your fans would take a win over Florida over going to Atlanta. If he beats Florida, but doesn't win the East, it means nothing.

I cannot remember the last time we lost to Flurduh and went to Atlanta. Help me out here. Google it for me.

No they don't. Period.

If Dooley can coach then UT should beat UF.

Before Hunter went down, UF was playing soft already to avoid giving up chunks... so the prevent argument doesn't quite hold.

Neither team has a proven RB coming back but athletically UT's first two are easily on par with UF's first two. UT was a terrible rushing team last year... but UF wasn't good by any stretch then lost their top two rushers.

"Athletically" and size wise UT's OL is very comparable. UT's pass pro was better than UF's. UF's run game was largely Demps and Rainey outrunning everyone to the corner. Not sure how that proves UF's OL to be better.

UF has a better front 7 on D athletically but not by a wide margin.... and fortunately they won't play each other. UF has to face a UT O that should be explosive and able to stretch the field both vertially and laterally.

UT's secondary is an enigma. But it is worthy to note that UT was 5th in the SEC in passing D vs the SEC. UF was 8th- and didn't even play Arkansas.

Don't forget that the whole team including the coaches went into shock when JH went down. Their whole gameplan went down the tubes in less than a second.
But it needs to repeated.

"Fans always are overly optimistic. They underestimate the opponents and overestimate their team. Case in point, take UF this year, many Vol fans feel secure in a victory vs UF this year and talk about UF like they are "broke". Here are their past 3 classes as far as the talent pool they have to work with:

4: 5 Star DT's
3: 4 Star DT's

4: 5 Star DE's
3: 4 Star DE's

3: 5 Star DB's
9: 4 Star DB's

3: 5 Star LB's
4: 4 Star LB's

2: 5 Star OL
8: 4 Star OL

1: 5 Star WR"s
8: 4 Star WR'S

4: 4 Star TE's
6: 4 Star RB's
3: 4 Star QB's

That is about 65 4 and 5 star kids in just the past 3 classes. Add in the ones still on the roster from 4 classes ago and the number goes to 79. In short, UF has very very few on their 85 man roster that are not a 4 or 5 star caliber player. Sure those are just rankings. But they are also indicators of overall team talent as you know. UT has approximately 40% of it's roster that was a 4 or 5 star player, around 33. 79 is a bigger number than 33 obviously. Just pointing this out for those that dismiss UF. Yeah they have big questions at QB. They do have very talented OL and WR's as well as TE's on the roster and 6 4star RB's. They are just plain sick on D, talent wise. Look at those DL numbers. UF will be one of the best D's in the SEC this year."

Yes they do. Period. Oh and btw, UF secondary gave up 166 passing yards per game last year. UT gave up 177 yards per game. As for total D, UF gave up 299 ypg while UT gave up 341 ypg. Go to Official Site of the Southeastern Conference if you need to freshen up on your stats.

Full stats for entire year, including bowl games and OOC games.

PASS DEFENSE G Comp Att Int Pct. Yards Avg. TD Avg/G
1. Alabama 13 164 334 13 49.1 1449 4.3 6 111.5
2. S. Carolina 13 174 346 19 50.3 1712 4.9 14 131.7
3. Florida 13 186 341 8 54.5 2169 6.4 15 166.8
4. LSU 14 229 437 18 52.4 2400 5.5 7 171.4
5. Georgia 14 218 430 20 50.7 2464 5.7 12 176.0
6. Tennessee 12 178 307 9 58.0 2134 7.0 14 177.8
7. Vanderbilt 13 216 398 19 54.3 2499 6.3 16 192.2
8. Kentucky 12 175 342 15 51.2 2326 6.8 19 193.8
9. Ole Miss 12 187 306 10 61.1 2333 7.6 17 194.4
10. Arkansas 13 232 407 12 57.0 2538 6.2 12 195.2
11. Miss. State 13 280 434 12 64.5 2563 5.9 12 197.2
12. Auburn 13 250 395 11 63.3 2844 7.2 23 218.8

Last edited:
But it needs to repeated.

"Fans always are overly optimistic. They undersetimate the opponents and overestimate their team. Case in point, take UF this year, many Vol fans feel secure in a victory vs UF this year

that is simply not true

Try 2007 genius.

2007 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
RECORD: 10-4
DATE OPPONENT
9-1-07 at California LOST 31-45 Tennessee at California Football Tickets
9-8-07 SOUTHERN MISS WON 39-19 Southern Miss at Tennessee Football Tickets
9-15-07 at Florida LOST 20-59 Tennessee at Florida Football Tickets
9-22-07 ARKANSAS STATE WON 48-27
10-6-07 GEORGIA WON 35-14 Georgia at Tennessee Football Tickets
10-13-07 at Mississippi State WON 33-21 Tennessee at Mississippi State Football Tickets
10-20-07 at Alabama LOST 17-41 Tennessee at Alabama Football Tickets
10-27-07 SOUTH CAROLINA WON 27-24 (OT) South Carolina at Tennessee Football Tickets
11-3-07 LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE WON 59-7 Louisiana-Lafayette at Tennessee Football Tickets
11-10-07 ARKANSAS WON 34-13 Arkansas at Tennessee Football Tickets
11-17-07 VANDERBILT WON 25-24 Vanderbilt at Tennessee Football Tickets
11-24-07 at Kentucky WON 52-50 (4OT) Tennessee at Kentucky Football Tickets
12-1-07 SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
vs. Louisiana State @Atlanta, GA LOST 14-21
OUTBACK BOWL @Tampa, FL

1-1-08 Wisconsin WON 21-17

I stand corrected. I see you already posted it.

I would have rather beat Florida, and not went to Atlanta. But I can't stand a ***** *** Gator. That's just me.

Yeah, you're not very bright, but I picked up on that from your previous posts.

Who needs another shot at the SEC title? Beating UF is the only thing that matters. :)

Yeah, you're not very bright, but I picked up on that from your previous posts.

Who needs another shot at the SEC title? Beating UF is the only thing that matters. :)

You know, when you dislike someone so bad, you'll take an ass whipping from 2 just to get to the one you really want. Ever been there before? I never said I was bright. I just enjoy being a badass.

Reactions: 2 people
**I would have rather beat Florida, and not went to Atlanta. But I can't stand a ***** *** Gator. That's just me.

:)

**This comment reflects the views and opinions of the 1 vol fan that said it.

For the non-mentally challenged Vol fans, the #1 priority is winning the East. Who we beat is just icing on the cake.

Reactions: 2 people
"Dumb" is not spelled b-a-d.

Okay sweetheart. I can tell you're sore. I'll take my foot off your neck, but you have to promise to go back home to your safehouse in the pansie Florida forum. Come back to VolNation when you can take a punch.
If I didn't spell pansie right, I'm so sorry.

No they don't. Period.

If Dooley can coach then UT should beat UF.

Before Hunter went down, UF was playing soft already to avoid giving up chunks... so the prevent argument doesn't quite hold.

Neither team has a proven RB coming back but athletically UT's first two are easily on par with UF's first two. UT was a terrible rushing team last year... but UF wasn't good by any stretch then lost their top two rushers.

"Athletically" and size wise UT's OL is very comparable. UT's pass pro was better than UF's. UF's run game was largely Demps and Rainey outrunning everyone to the corner. Not sure how that proves UF's OL to be better.

UF has a better front 7 on D athletically but not by a wide margin.... and fortunately they won't play each other. UF has to face a UT O that should be explosive and able to stretch the field both vertially and laterally.

UT's secondary is an enigma. But it is worthy to note that UT was 5th in the SEC in passing D vs the SEC. UF was 8th- and didn't even play Arkansas.

Don't forget that the whole team including the coaches went into shock when JH went down. Their whole gameplan went down the tubes in less than a second.

Are you saying "the whole team, including the coaches, went into shock when JH went down? They lost their "whole" gameplan? You cannot be serious. If that were truly true this team has bigger issues than even I suspected. "Shock?" Is that so. And it caused them to go down 30-7? Interesting. "Shock?", did they require medical assistance?

Okay sweetheart. I can tell you're sore. I'll take my foot off your neck, but you have to promise to go back home to your safehouse in the pansie Florida forum. Come back to VolNation when you can take a punch.
If I didn't spell pansie right, I'm so sorry.

More like taking your foot out of your mouth. :eek:lol:

VN Store

Back