A writers thoughts on the Tennessee/Florida match up.

Like I said, I can definitely see an 8-4 season happening. That being said, if we bomb against NCST and FL, I can see Dooley being fired before the season ends.

Hopefully the first or better. But as for the second...we will be in an even bigger suck fest if that happens. I cringe to think what will become of the season and program IF we lose both and then play the revolving door on yet another coach. It wouldn't be pretty. That being said, I really don't think we will lose the first game. Never claimed there wasn't room to worry after last season but I feel optimistic for at least the first game. As for the florida game...I really really want a win and kinda think we will but it will be a very pins/needles type of game.

ut should beat nc state easily. fla will be tougher, but with their offense down again, ut can get a win in that game.

If you watched USC last year, that's what UT would have looked like if Kiffin stayed.

He's going to rewrite all the USC records. UMeyer won't do the same at Ohio State.

If only...shoulda coulda woulda...you're a broken record. :eek:lol:

Clearly you care more about what Kiffin does at USC...or allegedly would have done at UT...than I do about what Meyer does at Ohio State.

Hopefully the first or better. But as for the second...we will be in an even bigger suck fest if that happens. I cringe to think what will become of the season and program IF we lose both and then play the revolving door on yet another coach. It wouldn't be pretty. That being said, I really don't think we will lose the first game. Never claimed there wasn't room to worry after last season but I feel optimistic for at least the first game. As for the florida game...I really really want a win and kinda think we will but it will be a very pins/needles type of game.

Can you imagine the state of the program if The Vols were to lose to N.C. State, Florida, Georgia, Miss State, Alabama to start the season? That would be 2-5. Would CDD be fired at that point, placing an Interim to take charge for the remainder of the year? Can you imagine the negative publicity during the course of the season? The coach hunt. The awful record. YUCK!
Go Coach Dooley!! We need this to be the season. THE season. THE SEASON

Can you imagine the state of the program if The Vols were to lose to N.C. State, Florida, Georgia, Miss State, Alabama to start the season? That would be 2-5. Would CDD be fired at that point, placing an Interim to take charge for the remainder of the year? Can you imagine the negative publicity during the course of the season? The coach hunt. The awful record. YUCK!
Go Coach Dooley!! We need this to be the season. THE season. THE SEASON

I know...it would be pure devastation. I hope this IS the season! Hopefully we can pull it together and surprise everyone!

VN Store

Back