at Mississippi State *
vs. Alabama *
at South Carolina *
vs. Troy
vs. Missouri *
at Vanderbilt *
vs. Kentucky *

what 6 do we lose?

I remember how long it took to get this program back on track after Bill Battle left. It's easy to pick games in April. What matters is where we are in December.

Imho there's a grey zone (ahem) between 7-9 games when it comes to cdd's future at ut. If we land in the grey zone this year many factors other than Ws and Ls come into play. Does the season end on a sour note by losing to vandy or kentucky. Do bray hunter and rodgers all declare. Is there a "better" coach and staff prepared to swoop in and take the reigns. The list goes on and on.

I like cdd. No one is perfect, including him. There are definitely things i would have done differently, but oddly, no one asked me. I think if we beat lsu and unc we're not even having this dicussion. Id like to see him pull off a great year with some key wins over big rivals. If that doesnt happen Ill be glad for Hart to bring in someone else that can get the job done. GBO.

Reactions: 1 person
I remember how long it took to get this program back on track after Bill Battle left. It's easy to pick games in April. What matters is where we are in December.

fair point.. but my point is when you start naming losses off that schedule after 4 (maybe 5) it gets REAL tough to name someone.

Even for the ''fairest'' of Vol fans this is no where near acceptable. Me being a fair and just kinda guy... taking the roster problems he inherited into account and all... a 6-6 record should get Dooley canned immediately... I for one don't see this happening.

(1) In 2005, did you see 5 - 7 ?

(2) In 2008, did you see 5 - 7?

(3) In 2010, did you see 6 - 7? Did you see the ref's
losing the LSU & the UNC for us?

(4) In 2011, did you see 5 - 7? Did you see injuries
to Lathers, Hunter & Bray? Or did you see us
losing to Kentucky?

We beat Akron, Georgia Southern, Troy State, Vandy,
Kentucky and South Carolina.
We lose the other S.E.C. games on the schedule.
If motivated, we should win our bowl game. If not,
then we lose another bowl game.

7-wins and they should start looking for a replacement... I am a dooley supporter, had his back from the get go... But it would be time to part ways imo. :mf_surrender:

8- wins ''may'' barely save his job... To me this would be an average coaching year... :nono:

9- wins is what i ''expect'' with the talent and experience we have on the team... Anything less than 9 to me is unsatisfactory. This will probably be satisfactory to most everyone... :clap:

10- wins to me means that we have the right coaches in place and they are getting the talent out of the players we have... And the expectations from most vol fans will be sec and nc hunt in 2013 :boobies:

11- wins and dooley gets a big fat raise and the dooley haters can suck a fat one... :hi: :worship:

Sorry, i don't see more than 11 as a possibility... But national coach of the year for dooley if it happens, a long term extension, and a pay raise on up there just below saban. Followed by 5* recruits and a program that can ''truly'' sell itself for the first time since the late 90's. Thats the way i see it...

That's about fair... For me anyhow. :good!:

solid!

losing to Kentucky?

We beat Akron, Georgia Southern, Troy State, Vandy,
Kentucky and South Carolina.
We lose the other S.E.C. games on the schedule.
If motivated, we should win our bowl game. If not,
then we lose another bowl game.

6-6 will get Dooley fired. That may be what you want? No way 6 wins is a ''fair'' (which is what we are talking about here) assessment of how this season should go with the talent and experience we have. I am confused as to why 6 wins would be acceptable to you, and how you can make a case for Dooley's job after a 6 win season this year. Im all ears...

7-wins and they should start looking for a replacement... I am a Dooley supporter, had his back from the get go... but it would be time to part ways IMO. :mf_surrender:

8- wins ''may'' barely save his job... to me this would be an average coaching year... :nono:

9- wins is what I ''expect'' with the talent and experience we have on the team... Anything less than 9 to me is unsatisfactory. This will probably be satisfactory to most everyone... :clap:

10- wins to me means that we have the right coaches in place and they are getting the talent out of the players we have... And the expectations from most Vol fans will be SEC and NC hunt in 2013 :boobies:

11- wins and Dooley gets a big fat raise and the Dooley haters can suck a fat one... :hi: :worship:

Sorry, I don't see more than 11 as a possibility... But National Coach of The Year for Dooley if it happens, a long term extension, and a pay raise on up there just below Saban. Followed by 5* recruits and a program that can ''truly'' sell itself for the first time since the late 90's. Thats the way I see It...

That's about fair... for me anyhow. :good!:

The win-o- meter !

I think the Kiffin slogan, "It's Time" applies this year more than ever. Big Dooley fan, but I gotta see 8-9 with a couple huge wins to want him to stay

6-6 and he's gone. I think there is too much talent in place to account for 6 losses. Another end of season showing a'la Kentuck and he's gone.

7 or 8 wins and some good playing in some tough losses and he stays.

Again, I would love to see 10+ wins but I don't think the program as a whole is there yet. It just takes more than 2 years to build a program from practically ground up. If I'm wrong, I'll be pleasantly surprised!:dance2:

my 0.02

But the team had injuries and no depth and Bray had a temperature of 104 and a broken thumb. You can't tell me that the best thing to do would have been to a. recognize Bray was really sick, and b. start Worley instead who would have won us that game? That is coaching malpractice to not recognize a player with 104 temp and replace him for that game.

He didn't have a 104 degree temperature on gameday, and what had Worley done to make anybody think he could have won the game. His two picks in the redzone against Scar? His happy feet in the pocket? There was just as good of a chance with things being worse with Worley in from his mistakes as there was being better

losing to Kentucky?

6-7 looked very possible going into 2010, and 2005, 2008, and 2011 were all abysmal coaching performances. Only Alabama fans should be happy with Tennessee going 6-6 in 2012.

6-6 will get Dooley fired. That may be what you want? No way 6 wins is a ''fair'' (which is what we are talking about here) assessment of how this season should go with the talent and experience we have. I am confused as to why 6 wins would be acceptable to you, and how you can make a case for Dooley's job after a 6 win season this year. Im all ears...

6 - 6 is not acceptable but that is what I expect for this season.
What is acceptable for this particular season is 8 wins and then a bowl win. At some point during the season to be in the top #25, at least for a week.
That would be 9 wins in a 13 game season, to include a bowl game and to crack the top #25. That is acceptable but I don't see it happening.
As you may recall, we could have easily had two more wins in 2010 but the ref's blew it. In 2011, we could have had two more wins but injuries hurt out cause. I see the talent being there but I don't see more than a 6 - 6 record.

6 - 6 is not acceptable but that is what I expect for this season.
What is acceptable for this particular season is 8 wins and then a bowl win. At some point during the season to be in the top #25, at least for a week.
That would be 9 wins in a 13 game season, to include a bowl game and to crack the top #25. That is acceptable but I don't see it happening.
As you may recall, we could have easily had two more wins in 2010 but the ref's blew it. In 2011, we could have had two more wins but injuries hurt out cause. I see the talent being there but I don't see more than a 6 - 6 record.

Fair enough... But to me 6-6 would be a disaster... And Dooley will be gone. I would really hate for us to have to start from scratch again... I'm ready to start handing out arses whoopin's like the good ol days.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Another 6-6 and Dooley may not coach the bowl game. To get to that record, we'll probably have opened with a loss to NCSU, got beaten by the Gators in Neyland, lost to every SEC team in September and October (with the exception of possibly Mizzou) and taken another Bama beatdown. Everybody will have had enough. A month of painful losses to NCSU, UF and UGA and it will be Dead Coach Walking, IMO.

Fair expectation, to me, is 8 or 9, with the talent and experience we have.

if any of the news we hear is to be believed , the overall talent , esp the OL is much improved ... if we cant get to 8 wins DD is gone... w this schedule, UF and uga being mediocre 8 wins is very doable... if not its time to end this experiment.

if any of the news we hear is to be believed , the overall talent , esp the OL is much improved ... if we cant get to 8 wins DD is gone... w this schedule, UF and uga being mediocre 8 wins is very doable... if not its time to end this experiment.

Agree about 8 wins. As much as I hate to say it though UGA is not mediocre this year though, that is going to be a very tough game in athens. You are right about Florida being mediocre though

You're kidding...right? I hope so. With what CDD started with at ground zero I don't think there is another coach in the nation that would come out of year two any better off.

I'd like to see 10 or more wins myself but we have to be realistic considering the relative program age. He needs at least one more year even if the team only wins 7 or 8.

If you're really tired of it all, go support another team and coach.

There will be matresses burning if theres's 7 wins and Dooley isnt fired

Ya lets make fun of our players because they had a bad semester..It's amazing how much class we have on these boards. Dumbfounds me sometimes.

Bet you have never had a bad semester in college.(I would actually be amazed if you ever completed one)

30 though? I hope they get it together, but 30!:mega_shok:

As critical as I am of DD, and justifiably so, I would not sandbag him with expectations of a national ranking. After Dooley gave UT our first back to back losing seasons in a hundred years, a winning season seems about the highest expectation I can drum up at this time.

A Top 25 finish in the polls, no less. Concur?:clapping:

*Concur (agree, be of the same mind)

*Expectation (hope.belief, anticipation)

*In case any ballplayers are reading.:) j/k

Providing there's no academic disqualifications, no injuries, or other events that results in losing players-I see us as very likely a top 15 team and possibly break into the top 10. I'm not fantasizing, I think the Vols in absence of further plain bad luck are poised to make this season a thrill.

You 9 and 10 win people are just ****ing stupid..guess they'll run an internet wire to anybody with 25 dollars..too bad

One thing I will say about Dooley is that he may be one of the unluckiest people on the planet in his job. But as my Dad always said "people make their own luck". I have found through the years that is very true. A side note to his inexperience is that he "panics" in tough situations.

VN Store

Back