A Fair Expectation for Coach Dooley.

the counting in dog years are over. Hart know's it, Dooley knows it and going 1-7 in the SEC I say 40% of Div 1 coaches could meet or exceed that. You haven't forgotten 1-7 have you? Kentucky with a one armed QB, just what is that Koolaide spiked with.

But the team had injuries and no depth and Bray had a temperature of 104 and a broken thumb. You can't tell me that the best thing to do would have been to a. recognize Bray was really sick, and b. start Worley instead who would have won us that game? That is coaching malpractice to not recognize a player with 104 temp and replace him for that game.

You're kidding...right? I hope so. With what CDD started with at ground zero I don't think there is another coach in the nation that would come out of year two any better off.

I'd like to see 10 or more wins myself but we have to be realistic considering the relative program age. He needs at least one more year even if the team only wins 7 or 8.

If you're really tired of it all, go support another team and coach.
Sorry dude, you're stuck with me, VFL.

I have been a Dooley supporter all the way but I am growing weary. It's time.

Dooleys buyout just told me its 8 wins regular season.

An interesting tidbit that nobody will believe. I heard from a reliable source Saturday at the O&W game that Dooley's buyout money is already in place. TIFWIW Its just a matter of underperforming as to whether or not it will be used.

If he doesn't win 9 in the regular season he should be gone IMO.

If he can't get to 9 this year with the amount of talent and depth he has along with a weaker Eastern Division, then when will he ever get to 9 wins or beyond?

He will be here with 8 wins no matter as some do every year that the division is weaker.

I want every team on the schedule to wake up feeling beat down sore after their game with UT.

I want them to be exhausted and confused from having to chase UT down the field. Not to know where the next big play is going to come from. And hopeless because they just cannot stop UT.

I want the UT defense to fight for every inch. Totally crush the will of the opponents' ability to play by their aggressive demeanor.

In short, I want new Maxims to be invented by this team.

I want them to be the living embodiment of General Neyland's will to win and his Maxims!

I want "It's Football Time in Tennesse" to rock the nation.

I think that's fair.

Reactions: 7 people
I just hope he is void of any more snake venom. His last 2 years has made him like a snake bit coach.

Ya lets make fun of our players because they had a bad semester..It's amazing how much class we have on these boards. Dumbfounds me sometimes.

Bet you have never had a bad semester in college.(I would actually be amazed if you ever completed one)

Don't take things so serious..I mean its really hard to get your GPA under 2.0..u really gotta do pretty much nothing to go below that honestly.

7-wins and they should start looking for a replacement... I am a Dooley supporter, had his back from the get go... but it would be time to part ways IMO. :mf_surrender:

8- wins ''may'' barely save his job... to me this would be an average coaching year... :nono:

9- wins is what I ''expect'' with the talent and experience we have on the team... Anything less than 9 to me is unsatisfactory. This will probably be satisfactory to most everyone... :clap:

10- wins to me means that we have the right coaches in place and they are getting the talent out of the players we have... And the expectations from most Vol fans will be SEC and NC hunt in 2013 :boobies:

11- wins and Dooley gets a big fat raise and the Dooley haters can suck a fat one... :hi: :worship:

Sorry, I don't see more than 11 as a possibility... But National Coach of The Year for Dooley if it happens, a long term extension, and a pay raise on up there just below Saban. Followed by 5* recruits and a program that can ''truly'' sell itself for the first time since the late 90's. Thats the way I see It...

That's about fair... for me anyhow. :good!:

Reactions: 8 people
7-wins and they should start looking for a replacement... I am a Dooley supporter, had his back from the get go... but it would be time to part ways IMO. :mf_surrender:

8- wins ''may'' barely save his job... to me this would be an average coaching year... :nono:

9- wins is what I ''expect'' with the talent and experience we have on the team... Anything less than 9 to me is unsatisfactory. This will probably be satisfactory to most everyone... :clap:

10- wins to me means that we have the right coaches in place and they are getting the talent out of the players we have... And the expectations from most Vol fans will be SEC and NC hunt in 2013 :boobies:

11- wins and Dooley gets a big fat raise and the Dooley haters can suck a fat one... :hi: :worship:

Sorry, I don't see more than 11 as a possibility... But National Coach of The Year for Dooley if it happens, a long term extension, and a pay raise on up there just below Saban. Followed by 5* recruits and a program that can ''truly'' sell itself for the first time since the late 90's. Thats the way I see It...

That's about fair... for me anyhow. :good!:

concur

I'd be happy with a top 20 finish

I'd be happy if we won 6 games and qualified for a bowl game, then actually won a bowl game......
If we don't produce this season, then recruiting will fall off tremendously. The recruits won't buy what Dooley is selling any longer, unless we have results.....

Reactions: 1 person
He needs to work his butt off recruiting. Let Sal be the motivational leader, it's been proven Dooley has trouble in that department. Frankly at this time he can't be counted on to coach up. 9 wins this year and hopes of becoming a contender going forward or Hart shows him the door.

A poor showing this season and if Hart has a replacement already, then Dooley is gone!!!!
A poor showing and if Hart doesn't have a better
replacement ready to step in, then Dooley keeps his job.
The coaches that left during this off season, probably figured that if they remained here, they would all be fired after the 2012 season, so they left a season early.
If they don't have much faith in this and they are actually there everyday, then it is difficult to see a big difference last season to this season.

if we win 7 and show improvement on both sides of the ball.i think dooley keeps his job.that means,playing the whole game tight in our hardest games.theres no such thing as a moral victory but close games with our biggest rivals would help dooley.

Exactly!!!!
6 - 6 record is what I expect and anything more is just icing on the top.....

Even for the ''fairest'' of Vol fans this is no where near acceptable. Me being a fair and just kinda guy... taking the roster problems he inherited into account and all... a 6-6 record should get Dooley canned immediately... I for one don't see this happening.

Reactions: 1 person
An interesting tidbit that nobody will believe. I heard from a reliable source Saturday at the O&W game that Dooley's buyout money is already in place. TIFWIW Its just a matter of underperforming as to whether or not it will be used.

the money is always there. there are no stacks of dead presidents in a shoebox waiting for the coach to fail.

Reactions: 2 people
I'd say realistically UT will be 7-5 or 8-4. I think he's finally got the pieces in place to do what he wants to do with this team. Even though the O&W game isn't a real game, I believe it looked much more organized than the previous year and that is an insight to his having better control of things.

VN Store

Back