9-2 and people are having a meltdown.

I never feel good about games that Herbstreit and Fowler call for us. They make any loss sound bad enough, but a loss like this one...

Sigh.

Well, we already are. So...Damn y'all wild. 8 losing seasons in 13 years. Heupel 7-6 and 10-2. Bad game. It's ok. Chill out.
Just can't chill out after this kind of a loss. Heads have to roll to show that Heupel means business and is serious about winning. You can defend a loss against Georgia, because they are the defending national champs, but there is no defense for this.

Dumb. The last time we won 10 games I was 14. The time before that I was 11. I am now 30. TN doesn't have any bandwagon fans under 35 ish. That's nonsense. We are as die hard as they come.
LOL die hard for participation trophies. All of 30 huh? I guess you weren't taught that losing is the opposite of winning and that winning was the actual goal. But giving up 63 points to a team that you were 22 point favorites over with a shot at a National Championship is embarrassing and inexcusable. If you are not pissed about that then YOU are a bandwagon fan.

Josh inherited a dumpster fire from the worthless jeremy Pruitt - it will take 2-3 more years to get all the players needed to compete for titles

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Just can't chill out after this kind of a loss. Heads have to roll to show that Heupel means business and is serious about winning. You can defend a loss against Georgia, because they are the defending national champs, but there is no defense for this.
Beamer has a better win than any of those we had all year. Let that sink in.

Reactions: loservol
I know the defense was really really bad this game but I don’t see how that warrants firing the entire defensive staff from a 9-2 team and blowing up recruiting. Some people on here have lost their minds. Has everyone forgotten the past decade or so of firing coaches every two to three years?

Look at yourselves in the mirror. We’ve been a fledgling program for 16 years. Upsets happen. BIG upsets happen and nobody is immune. To be on the cusp of the CFP in late November after what we’ve been through the last two decades is remarkable. I’m disappointed in the loss but also pumped about the future of Tennessee Football. Dust yourself off and get up for a premier bowl for the first time in 18 years.
I’m upset bc that defensive performance shouldn’t be acceptable period.

Sunseri.. Like Pruitt and those orange helmets I don't want to hear of 🤣😂🤣😂🤣 time to go find videos of Tyler Brays beer bottle throwing contests and while I'm at it I will work on my shower etiquette

These losses will have zero bearing on us moving forward. Stop the idiocy.

“Idiocy?” Proven winning teams receive the benefit of the doubt every year. Over hyped teams that lose convincingly don’t. There‘s a distinct advantage for teams who prove they deserve to be part of the conversation year in and year out. We like to “cry wolf” and play the “ESPN hates us” disrespect card on a regular basis, but just squandered a chance to prove we belong. We made huge strides this year, and time will tell if we can take the next step.

Josh inherited a dumpster fire from the worthless jeremy Pruitt - it will take 2-3 more years to get all the players needed to compete for titles

This. 👆

Certainly there's talent on this team. But, NOBODY would have expected them to be in serious contention for the BCS. They overachieved - coaches and players. What more can anyone ask?

They also set the foundation for the next era of TN football.

Sure tonight stings like hell, but imagine how the players and coaches feel.

You guys can cry and moan. I'm not. For the first time in decades, we've got coaches who can teach and players who want to get better. I'm looking forward to going on that ride with them.

I know the defense was really really bad this game but I don’t see how that warrants firing the entire defensive staff from a 9-2 team and blowing up recruiting. Some people on here have lost their minds. Has everyone forgotten the past decade or so of firing coaches every two to three years?
We learned it eventually works out. We have also learned to not keep a bad coach too long and keep making excuses for them. Heads have to roll for what happened tonight.

Look at yourselves in the mirror. We’ve been a fledgling program for 16 years. Upsets happen. BIG upsets happen and nobody is immune. To be on the cusp of the CFP in late November after what we’ve been through the last two decades is remarkable. I’m disappointed in the loss but also pumped about the future of Tennessee Football. Dust yourself off and get up for a premier bowl for the first time in 18 years.

Seriously, just shut up. If you can't see why fans are rightfully pissed off, then you're blind. This was a horrible embarassment with everything on the line and we choked it away they same way we have choked away all of our opportunities the last 20 years. We didn't just lose a game, we lost it in the most embarassing way possible to an embarassment of a team. This was a pathetic showing and no one is going to give a damn about a meaningless bowl game because we had something that actually mattered on the line and we gave it away to an actual nobody.

Dont fire the whole staff. Rodney Garner is great. The lb coach is alright. Its specifically Willie Martinez and Tim banks that need to go.

This. 👆

Certainly there's talent on this team. But, NOBODY would have expected them to be in serious contention for the BCS. They overachieved - coaches and players. What more can anyone ask?

They also set the foundation for the next era of TN football.

Sure tonight stings like hell, but imagine how the players and coaches feel.

You guys can cry and moan. I'm not. For the first time in decades, we've got coaches who can teach and players who want to get better. I'm looking forward to going on that ride with them.

We have coaches that aren't tim banks and Willie Martinez that can teach players. It's not about going 10-2. It's about 63 points to a south Carolina team that lost to Mizzou. That got embarrassed by Florida. That barely squeaked by Texas A&M.

If you aren't mad at this and demand accountability continue to waste money on a program that will accept mediocrity and huepel will be out the door in 3 more years. I'd rather see him fix the issue which is Tim banks and Willie Martinez. Our offense did enough to win. The defense looked like they sat on their hands all week. They looked like 2012 and that's unacceptable.

I get what you are saying. Yes of course preseason if you said you could take 10-2 we would have accepted it. However you would have expected Alabama and Georgia would be those losses. Once you get to this part of season at 9-1 with best resume to make the college football playoff with 2 bad football teams to finish. It should be a formality and if we get hammered inside the playoff then so be it. Expectations change. Yes we are having a meltdown. We are the laughing stock on social media because we couldn't not only stop Spencer Rattler and that doofy goofy coach Beamer but we got curb stomped. That will be mentioned for years as huge win for them. Literally the first time Heupel lost for us when he was a big favorite. I will not apologize for my meltdown. Yes the season is better than preseason expectations and I will never forget how I felt the night we toppled Bama but I am not selective I will also never forget how embarrassing this loss was.
Who cares what random people on social media think? A big part of what’s wrong with this world today is people live their lives by how they’re perceived on social media. That’s where people’s self worth comes from and it’s a losing game as you’re always one bad tweet, pic, story or whatever from being the target of a bunch of idiots out there that say things they would never say face to face with someone.

Reactions: RockyTopFox

VN Store

Back