9-2 and people are having a meltdown.

VolCalls

Look at yourselves in the mirror. We’ve been a fledgling program for 16 years. Upsets happen. BIG upsets happen and nobody is immune. To be on the cusp of the CFP in late November after what we’ve been through the last two decades is remarkable. I’m disappointed in the loss but also pumped about the future of Tennessee Football. Dust yourself off and get up for a premier bowl for the first time in 18 years.

Look at yourselves in the mirror. We’ve been a fledgling program for 16 years. Upsets happen. BIG upsets happen and nobody is immune. To be on the cusp of the CFP in late November after what we’ve been through the last two decades is remarkable. I’m disappointed in the loss but also pumped about the future of Tennessee Football. Dust yourself off and get up for a premier bowl for the first time in 18 years.
After next week, it will probably be hello Outback bowl for this team. Disgusting!

South Carolina just stormed the field for beating Josh Heupel in his second season…… and people are losing their minds. They don’t remember 3-7 obviously. Lmaooo

I am pumped. But I also know unless a major change is made with the defensive coaching staff, this embarrassment will happen more than just occasionally. Do you honestly think Saban would put up with this performance? He would fire the secondary coach in a heartbeat, and not let him back on the plane home.

I think we all get it…. But South Carolina is BAD. And giving up over 60 to that bad offense, even with our defensive struggles this year, is inexcusable.

At the beginning of the year 9-3 or 10-2 would have been a win. But a loss in this manner against SC is just not excusable. I wouldn’t bat an eye if Banks and Martinez were left to find a ride in Columbia tonight

It’s the manner in which we lost.
We got a thorough ass whooping tonight by an average to bad team.

And before we get that “premier bowl”, we got to beat a Vandy team that is peaking while we look lost……

Here we go with 50 posts of 9 and 2. That doesn't tell whole story. You don't let happen what happened tonight regardless of record. My God the post on this boat ...I could go into records, stats for scar....but that would be pointless in this post

Well said. It was a smackdown but damn it's been a fun season!!!!!

Everybody gets a trophy …. Yay! The Vols were 20 point favorites and lost by 25… but yay! Vols D gave up over 600 yards and 63 points, but yay any way … give it a break Pollyanna

I don’t think a premier bowl is happening now unfortunately but hey 10-2 is a better season than most imagined so hey…
Define premier bowl. If TN finishes 10-2, they will likely get the 1st or 2nd SEC bowl after the Sugar in the SEC bowl pecking order. That's still a premier bowl in my book. I just not convinced they will finish 10-2 yet.

I am pumped. But I also know unless a major change is made with the defensive coaching staff, this embarrassment will happen more than just occasionally. Do you honestly think Saban would put up with this performance? He would fire the secondary coach in a heartbeat, and not let him back on the plane home.

He’s put up with Pete Goulding goof ups for 2 seasons now

No one is saying the season was a bad or disappointing one. But Tennessee choked tonight, it’s one of the worst losses in Tennessee history. There’s no way around that. We got straight up dominated and embarrassed by a bad South Carolina team. We had everything to play for, a playoff spot and chance to compete for a national championship on the line, and we got it taken by Shane Beamer and South Carolina. Gave up more points than any top 5 team In 100 years people are saying. So yeah, good season but this puts a huge damper on it. And we’ll be in a meaningless bowl game now btw.

VN Store

Back