9-2 and people are having a meltdown.

Bet you weren't scared of SC either.

I was confident but I’m not shocked. Georgia game exposed us on the road. That game our offense crapped the bed. This one our defense did. I’m not surprised that we crapped the bed on the road at night vs South Carolina. We are not a complete team away from Neyland

I was confident but I’m not shocked. Georgia game exposed us on the road. That game our offense crapped the bed. This one our defense did. I’m not surprised that we crapped the bed on the road at night vs South Carolina. We are not a complete team away from Neyland
So I guess it's a good thing the Vandy game is in Neyland. 🙄

So I guess it's a good thing the Vandy game is in Neyland. 🙄

If you think Vandy and their stadium and fan base is going to be a hostile stadium to the likes of Georgia and South Carolina, you must be a recent fan of Tennessee.

With the playoff berth hanging in the balance, this team just gave up 66 points to a team that did not score an offensive touchdown against Florida last weekend, and you say we are having a meltdown? You talk about expectations, even with 8 or 9 win expectations I never expected a beatdown of this magnitude from Alabama or Georgia. My hope was that we could be competitive in every game regardless of the win loss record. This game is historical and players, coaches, fans will have to listen to people talk about it for years to come.

Reactions: TN1111
With the playoff berth hanging in the balance, this team just gave up 66 points to a team that did not score an offensive touchdown against Florida last weekend, and you say we are having a meltdown? You talk about expectations, even with 8 or 9 win expectations I never expected a beatdown of this magnitude from Alabama or Georgia. My hope was that we could be competitive in every game regardless of the win loss record. This game is historical and players, coaches, fans will have to listen to people talk about it for years to come.

I would give USC scoring 100 on us if it meant us ending the Bama streak in the same season.

It was just such a disgusting loss. I was worried about Alabama but we won. I was worried about UGA and we lost but I wasn't surprised really. 99% of us thought we'd win out on the rest of the "gimme" schedule and laid one of the fattest eggs I can remember. That's what makes it hard. Give us a couple months after football is done for the season and we'll mostly be over it but you have to expect emotions after last night.

If you think Vandy and their stadium and fan base is going to be a hostile stadium to the likes of Georgia and South Carolina, you must be a recent fan of Tennessee.
If you think this Tennessee team can waltz into any place unprepared and uninterested, you're just delusional and need to take off the goggles.

My favorite part are the broad narratives people try to paint after one game.

“They’ve figure out our offense”
“NIL is ruining the sport”
“Our defensive coordinator is terrible”
“Our locker room is in disarray”

These are likely the same people who thought saban was done after losing to lsu

If you think this Tennessee team can waltz into any place unprepared and uninterested, you're just delusional and need to take off the goggles.

I feel very confident that our team last night who score 38 points will be able to “waltz” into Vandy’s stadium with the majority of fans being in orange.

Rattler’s performance was above average but he was a previous Heisman contender at OU. Vandy has no athlete or skill at the QB position.

Vandy game will be a home game.

How many years is Tennessee going to beat Florida, LSU, Bama, our P5 OOC opponent and be in prime position to play for a national championship?

We are lucky if it’s once a decade even when we are a GOOD program. That’s just reality. The SEC is the best conference in football and the opportunity was there. We missed it.

Some of you may believe Heupel is going to turn us into a Bama or Georgia and we will have these opportunities every year, but just being realistic (look at Florida and Auburn right now). We had the perfect storm with an all American QB/WR and we caught some teams at a great time. It’s unfortunate because we are inevitably going to take a step back next year and probably the year after.

How many years is Tennessee going to beat Florida, LSU, Bama, our P5 OOC opponent and be in prime position to play for a national championship?

We are lucky if it’s once a decade even when we are a GOOD program. That’s just reality. The SEC is the best conference in football and the opportunity was there. We missed it.

Some of you may believe Heupel is going to turn us into a Bama or Georgia and we will have these opportunities every year, but just being realistic (look at Florida and Auburn right now). We had the perfect storm with an all American QB/WR and we caught some teams at a great time. It’s unfortunate because we are inevitably going to take a step back next year and probably the year after.
2016 taught them nothing.

That's exactly what I've been saying. You can have years with missteps like this if you are a program like UGA, Bama, Clemson, Ohio State.........but for a fringe team like Tennessee we don't get these kinds of chances much. And when you blow a chance like that it's a really tough pill to swallow. I think the losses can be quantified. Yes, a loss to Wyoming when Fulmer was on his way out was horrible, the Ga State debacle, the Memphis State debacle, losing to Vandy for the first time in forever back in 2005 etc. But when you've had so much on the line there's not been many more spectacular losses or harder to swallow losses than the one against USCjr.

The Trumpet Humper squandering away an SEC Championship berth in 2016 was very bad but just par for the course for that idiot. This is like the 01 SEC Championship game loss to LSU in terms of what was on the line. We win that game and we are in the National Championship game in Pasadena. This years team was "likely" to be in the CFB playoff if they won out and had an inexplicable stumble.

A program at the level of Tennessee playing in the SEC with juggernauts like Bama and Georgia need to take advantage of any opportunity that we get. There won't be many years where you are fortunate enough to get through the SEC with a chance at the playoffs. When it expands to 12 teams maybe it will be a little more tenable for a program like Tennessee but they should never - ever - take for granted an opportunity to contend for a National Championship. And there were probably a multitude of reasons last night went like it did but no matter which way you cut it they squandered a golden opportunity. If we were Bama it wouldn't sting that badly because they contend EVERY year. We'll be lucky to contend for a National Championship once a decade and the SEC East or near the top of the SEC if they do away with divisions every 4-5 years.

VN Store

Back