9-2 and people are having a meltdown.

Look at yourselves in the mirror. We’ve been a fledgling program for 16 years. Upsets happen. BIG upsets happen and nobody is immune. To be on the cusp of the CFP in late November after what we’ve been through the last two decades is remarkable. I’m disappointed in the loss but also pumped about the future of Tennessee Football. Dust yourself off and get up for a premier bowl for the first time in 18 years.

Just so you know we can love this season and be extremely frustrated at the same time.

Nobody is excited about the outback bowl. We laid an egg. I’m tired of falling short when everything is in front of us

Reactions: loservol
So then we are terrible? The former #1 team is terrible? OK champ
Last week they scored one time and it wasn't Spencer Rattler. It took a fake punt. Their freaking punter lol. They are terrible. However our defense was terrible, atrocious, horrible, pathetic and embarrassing. Add to that our offense normally could stay up to that missed on perimeter many times even though the middle of field was able to move chains. So no we are not terrible overall but this is an unexplainable type of loss that will haunt Heupel and us forever. We know the jokes will be there forever. Remember that time all Tennessee had to do was finish with beating S. Carolina and Vandy and gave up 60 and lost?!

Look at yourselves in the mirror. We’ve been a fledgling program for 16 years. Upsets happen. BIG upsets happen and nobody is immune. To be on the cusp of the CFP in late November after what we’ve been through the last two decades is remarkable. I’m disappointed in the loss but also pumped about the future of Tennessee Football. Dust yourself off and get up for a premier bowl for the first time in 18 years.
Upsets? That is the most points given up by a top 5 team in over 100 years. That wasn’t a loss. That was a team that didn’t show up. Something is happening and it has nothing to do with the record. If you want to guzzle koolaid, be my guest.

Reactions: TN1111
I am pumped. But I also know unless a major change is made with the defensive coaching staff, this embarrassment will happen more than just occasionally. Do you honestly think Saban would put up with this performance? He would fire the secondary coach in a heartbeat, and not let him back on the plane home.
Golding for Bama has been awful all Saban has done is praise him.. the fans want him gone, Saban on the other hand supports him that’s what certain leaders do, they stick by their men, when that happens better production..

I don’t even care about the bowl we get now. Just get to 11-2, go into next year preseason Top 10-12, let’s ride. In our two losses, we have shown we need to beef up the trenches and recruit athletes in the secondary. We are still very much trending up. Heupel is still a young coach and I can see how the meteoric rise may have been too much for him to handle. I trust him to learn from this.
Positive post that deserves a standing ovation. I agree this is just on the horses Tennessee doesn’t have coaches are exposing the weaknesses, I think CJH will address the players Tennessee needs. Hendon has been off the last few games it seems.

I still appreciate this Vol team it has been lots of positives for the year. I enjoyed myself in Baton Rouge this year and watching Bama go down is always great. So let’s try to end this on a good note..

Reactions: volwindy
In with you, but 9-3 with all our losses on the back end is discouraging. HoweverZ, we may have gained some advantage in bringing talent here and building from here.

It ain't that it's losing to suck ass team

Laughing stock of the country tonight. Everyone is laughing at us. Everyone.

I went to school at UT from 2011-2016. I'm just happy to be on ESPN. Everyone needs to chill. Heupel is a good coach. A young coach. He's changing the game and has blown away expectations. We are upset about going 10-2 in year 2 after 15 years of debacles. It's alright, I promise.

9-2? You lnow math?

I'm sure we'll get a pretty good bowl but don't cry when it's not a NY6 bowl. That will yes still be a possibility and they'll say that right up til they stick us in the Citrus.

I went to school at UT from 2011-2016. I'm just happy to be on ESPN. Everyone needs to chill. Heupel is a good coach. A young coach. He's changing the game and has blown away expectations. We are upset about going 10-2 in year 2 after 15 years of debacles. It's alright, I promise.
We’re not upset about going 10-2. We’re upset about giving up 63 to south friggen carolina. There’s a difference

VN Store

Back