8-4 or 7-5 after today......

Being negative is a defense mechanism for being crushed by a loss. I prefer to go into games or a season with high expectations, talking trash the whole way thru, then after a win, being able to say " I knew it all along".

The fact is we have had very few gimme games these past years. And now when we do have them, so many have that fear in the back of their mind, that we might some how lose to an inferior team like Vandy.

With that said , we will distroy Vandy, be 8-4, win a good bowl that I hope works out with my schedule, and I'm able to attend.

I trust that Butch has learned from his coaching errors, and next year will be a year to enjoy from game 1 thru game 15.

Go Vols!

Fulmer had the exact same red flags...He won...a LOT. I'll take that. As long as Butch keeps recruiting well, keeps evaluating well, and emphasizing defense(DL recruiting especially)...He WILL win.

This^

In Fulmer's 2nd year we went 7-4 after a 1-3 start then won Gator Bowl to finish 8-4.

Reactions: 1 person
Not much positive came from the Dooley era, but he did make this true statement...

"We always kick the $#!+ out of Vandy!"

This is the most confident I've felt about a Vamdy game in a long time.

A solid beatdown will cap off a nice 2nd half of the season.

5 of the last 8 have been decided by 10 points or less. Today it's time to put them back in their place.

Today, we're going to handle business early. Get up 3 scores and then rest some guys.

Barring defensive scores or special teams fiascos, they wont score a TD.

See..you guys are like bugs. He has won games. Nothing will please you.

You're exactly correct. Jones teams have won and increased the victories each season. There is no pleasing them. Some of them were huge Dooley guys and are butthurt DD was canned and the rest of them that loved DD have "I won't be fooled again" ecred mentality. They're missing a very nice rebuild. Their hate has them blinded.

Reactions: 6 people
I don't know who "we" are........ But what if UT does?

They have lost to Vandie before.....every single post I have seen is guaranteeing a Vol victory.

STILL HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME!
So you are a bandwagon fan then. Got it, thanks.

WE are the Vols.

We all might not be making the hits, or scoring the TDs, but WE are all there with the team. Win, lose or draw. Every game.

I have no idea where your passion lies.

Reactions: 2 people
satire-south-park-pitchforks-torches-mob.jpg

Dey took aour jaobs!!!!!

Yep

38% of his wins this year come against teams with a winning record

Two of those teams with winning records, were Bowling Green and Western Carolina.

He made a career playing weak opponents. Only one time in his career, prior to UT, did he have a combined SOS above a 0. That was one year at Cincinnati when it was 1.99. He went 4-8 that year

At UT, his SOS is as follows

2013 8.37 5-7
2014 5.52 7-6
2015 3.28 7-4

Is it that he's improving or is his competition getting worse?

The numbers say the latter

Seems to be a strategy that is working out just fine for Iowa. Maybe CBJ is on to something.

If I was as negative about UT as some of you are, I would find another team to root for. You don't agree with anything the program does. You can't see improvement. You would fit right in with Alabama fans.

Bingo. You just went Dr. Phil and nailed it.

It gives people the "see, I told you so" way out.

They don't want to be right. And say " I told you so", they prefer to eat crow after a win, than to be devistated after a loss.

This year was very difficult for me, the way games got away from us.

I understand the idea of don't set yourself up for a big fall. But it takes courage to go out on a limb, eating crow after a loss is worse than after a win.

Losing sucks and we as a fan base know that and deal with it in our own individual ways.

I try not to allow how other choose or are forced to deal with the ups and downs of our team ,impact how I feel about them or the team.

I figure there are trolls on here and I know there are fans from other teams, but for the most part we all want the same thing, Vols to win, so if it makes life easier then do your thing, I will no longer be a little b@&$@, about how fans deal with it.

Go Vols!

That's just laughable. It's saying "we beat them, so they must suck". And let's face it, we haven't even beaten the teams we should on a schedule in years. Anybody with two eyes can see that we've improved in each of the last two years.

So since we haven't beaten those teams in years, Butch should get an exemption?

The SOS simply shows that when he has a tough schedule, he underperformed

When you play teams with losing records, it means they suck. Not because we beat them, but because everyone else does too.

You can't consistently hang your hat on beating the downtrodden

Woo, we just beat a team everyone else beat. Yay for us

Hey count u miss you miss your meds this morning? The Legion of doom. Take your bs back to bed.

Haha, this tired old thread again. We have happy wylo, confused count,,now we just need fade to show up to impart his wisdom. The Three Stooge Trifecta.

Reactions: 4 people
It's the same team we played in Jacksonville.

If you're being objective it's a quality win.

Do you think because we were close with Alabama this year, we will be close next year?

Just because we beat Iowa in January doesn't mean we would beat them now

Do you think because we were close with Alabama this year, we will be close next year?

Does it mean we can't beat Bama next year? Does it mean we couldn't beat Iowa this year?

No, I believe since we were close to Alabama this year, we beat them in Knoxville next year.

Iowa has played nobody near out team this year. No Michigan, No Michigan State, No Ohio State. I watched them yesterday. They said their toughest game was Pitt.

Vols all day

VN Store

Back