8-4 or 7-5 after today......

If Vols lose today it's because Mason defensively outcoaches UT's offensive staff. If this happens does UT dump Butch and hire Miles?

Does a loss get Butch fired and a win keep him in Knoxville?

See..you guys are like bugs. He has won games. Nothing will please you.

Yep

38% of his wins this year come against teams with a winning record

Two of those teams with winning records, were Bowling Green and Western Carolina.

He made a career playing weak opponents. Only one time in his career, prior to UT, did he have a combined SOS above a 0. That was one year at Cincinnati when it was 1.99. He went 4-8 that year

At UT, his SOS is as follows

2013 8.37 5-7
2014 5.52 7-6
2015 3.28 7-4

Is it that he's improving or is his competition getting worse?

The numbers say the latter

Reactions: 1 person
If Vols lose today it's because Mason defensively outcoaches UT's offensive staff. If this happens does UT dump Butch and hire Miles?

If we lose it'll be because of a stale offense.

I don't know who "we" are........ But what if UT does?

They have lost to Vandie before.....every single post I have seen is guaranteeing a Vol victory.

STILL HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME!

UT has also lost to Sewanee before, so what's your point?

Any time Vandy is a factor for anything, it's a bad sign.

I think Miles stays at LSU after a win today.

Not what you said when Dooley was hired.

I was so wrong about Dooley

After explaining this for like the 10000th time, it was more of needing him to succeed than wanting. Blind faith, wishful thinking, etc

Now, I just look at the numbers. I don't give a **** about how much he says, that he loves UT, or what ever other BS the coach wants to shovel

If he doesn't beat our biggest rivals and get us to a SECCG, then he can pound sand

After explaining this for like the 10000th time, it was more of needing him to succeed than wanting. Blind faith, wishful thinking, etc

Now, I just look at the numbers. I don't give a **** about how much he says, that he loves UT, or what ever other BS the coach wants to shovel

If he doesn't beat our biggest rivals and get us to a SECCG, then he can pound sand

Don't be ashamed of supporting the HC. Dooley had his chance and blew it. Jones is still our HC, so until he loses again.

Go Vols!

Yep

38% of his wins this year come against teams with a winning record

Two of those teams with winning records, were Bowling Green and Western Carolina.

He made a career playing weak opponents. Only one time in his career, prior to UT, did he have a combined SOS above a 0. That was one year at Cincinnati when it was 1.99. He went 4-8 that year

At UT, his SOS is as follows

2013 8.37 5-7
2014 5.52 7-6
2015 3.28 7-4

To say that the reason we're winning is based solely on competition is avoiding other facts. So now that Butch is winning these games, we should discredit them?

Look at the talent that is being brought it. Look at the two top 25 wins, the back to back bowl games, the STOMPING of now playoff committee-selected Iowa back in January. Look at the margin of losses. You can't honestly say that the only reason we're having a turnaround is because of inferior competition.

I am not saying the SEC east isn't down, it certainly is, but Butch is taking advantage of it currently. Give him some more time to rebuild the program before discrediting the improvement of record.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people

That's just laughable. It's saying "we beat them, so they must suck". And let's face it, we haven't even beaten the teams we should on a schedule in years. Anybody with two eyes can see that we've improved in each of the last two years.

Reactions: 6 people
See..you guys are like bugs. He has won games. Nothing will please you.

The wins against Western Carolina, Bowling Green, and UT-Chatt don't count. He better win those. Need more wins against Gators and Bama. And no more losses to schools like Arkansas.

I guess there is no difference in losing by 30-40 points 2 years ago to our best opponents, and what happened this year? Are you really so far gone that you can't acknowledge obvious improvement? C'mon man you are a better guy than that Count...and wasn't 4-8 Butches first year in Cinci? Anyways I'm out, I don't like arguing about it. Like I said already...IF he craps the bed next year, I am right there with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

So, because you were wrong about Dooley you decided to be against Butch from the beginning?

That's certainly who it seems like to me.

because the next several years are not going to be for the weak of heart or mind

Save yourselves the pain and anguish now

Soon, other teams will say " We might turn out to be the Tennessee of the SEC" and not in the good way

This ship might just be at the bottom now

Reactions: 3 people
Very questionable? Yes...Idiotic?..only in hindsight. The best coaches make bad decisions too. They have just banked enough goodwill, that it is overlooked most of the time. It goes back to what I said, you guys were just waiting to be validated....and no, losing to Candy is unacceptable.

I don't think guys are waiting to be validated regarding Jones....in other words, waiting for him to lose/fail. Most everybody who has been critical of him have, after the fact, assessed his coaching performances, have raised many legit questions and, in some cases, have decided they don't see him winning at a very high level here. I'm not quite one of those guys personally. I'm not sure if he can win a title here or not. But I definitely have seen what I believe are some pretty significant red flags dating back to the 2013 Vandy game. And those red flags have fairly consistently shown up throughout his first 3 years here now.

So, because you were wrong about Dooley you decided to be against Butch from the beginning?

That's certainly who it seems like to me.

Being a coach hater is easy. You're never wrong when you second guess. You never have to go out on a limb and expose yourself to being perceived as wrong.

I don't think guys are waiting to be validated regarding Jones....in other words, waiting for him to lose/fail. Most everybody who has been critical of him have, after the fact, assessed his coaching performances, have raised many legit questions and, in some cases, have decided they don't see him winning at a very high level here. I'm not quite one of those guys personally. I'm not sure if he can win a title here or not. But I definitely have seen what I believe are some pretty significant red flags dating back to the 2013 Vandy game. And those red flags have fairly consistently shown up throughout his first 3 years here now.

This.

If you were that wrong about Dooley, why should anyone think you'd be right about Jones?

Reactions: 5 people
That's the life of a college football coach. Look at Les Miles. Today may be his last game at LSU. Three weeks ago he was riding high and ranked number two in country along with the number one ranked recruiting class. Three weeks have turned Les from a Hero into a Zero. I hope they know what they are about to do to their program.

Go Big Orange

Lsu are a bunch of dopes.

Vandy loves to play the spoiler to UT each year. But, as long as our guys are healthy enough to bring a high level of physically to this evening's game, I think the Vols make a statement about where they believe the program is headed.

Even though tonight is the last home game, and the fact that it will have a definate impact on what bowl our Vols land in, I'm more concerned about where they have been hanging in the recruiting rankings. Right now, 2016 ain't looking so good.

Fulmer had the exact same red flags...He won...a LOT. I'll take that. As long as Butch keeps recruiting well, keeps evaluating well, and emphasizing defense(DL recruiting especially)...He WILL win.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back