8-4 or 7-5 after today......

I was screaming at tv then.
No timeout....think Vandy was gonna run out clock.
Then, we only rush 3 on a third and 12.
TKjr bailed us out.

Screaming? Really? Against Vandy? My goodness ! Surely you feel a little silly now ...,

...which we wouldn't have needed if... we could pick up a first down while running our 4 minute offense late in the game. :)
Our offense was able to put together a good finishing drive against Mizzou. I thought that was a big drive in showing that we're learning how to finish a game. However, we weren't in a position where we had to score, but still...

Post game handshake with Mason was weak, IMO. Too conservative and could have cost us.....something.

I really don't give a flying crap if I'm in the minority or not. I'm not recruiting Butch haters. Yes things are better than they were under Derek Dooley. With a program and facilities like Tennessee has it would take a very special type of ineptitude to not be better. I have been against the Butch hire from day 1. Nothing he's done so far has changed my opinion of him. I truly believe that he's in way over his head. He has that little man complex and can't stand to think someone may be smarter than him so he won't go out and hire the best assistants possible. And his mannerisms just come across as him being an insecure guy.

Like I have said next year tells the real story on what we will expect from him during his tenure at UT. I have said if he stays out of the way there's at least a punchers chance that his talent will overcome his coaching. I fully expect a 9-3 regular season next year with that being his ceiling.

You've set up a no-win situation for Butch. If the team wins it's in spite of the coach, but if they lose it's because of the coach. How does that make any sense?

Zero chance that 99% of coaches fit that description, but ok.

I agree. I guess I should've elaborated. That wasn't a shot at Butch. I've taken plenty of those. But what he put down, most coaches couldn't do.

Sorry for the confusion on my response.

I agree. I guess I should've elaborated. That wasn't a shot at Butch. I've taken plenty of those. But what he put down, most coaches couldn't do.

Sorry for the confusion on my response.
Gotcha, and nice to see some objectivity.

Competing in every game and winning most games is indicative of future success.
Agree. As much as some of these losses hurt, this is the most competitive team we have fielded in years. Being competitive isn't good enough, but there is tangible progress, and I would bet the farm on a ten win regular season next year.

Has no bearing on this year

Dude, get over it. You are trolling the hell out of this.

So it DOESN'T count if we win over teams that "suck".

And it DOESN'T count that to close out 2014 we hung 45 on a team that is now, with a largely unchanged roster, ranked in the top 5.

And it CAN'T be mentioned that 3 of our 4 losses have come to teams that are currently in the hunt for playoff spots...and TWO of those will be in playoffs?

Oh and you WON'T mention that we lost each of those games by a frustratingly slim margin.

I boo you, sir.

Dude, get over it. You are trolling the hell out of this.

So it DOESN'T count if we win over teams that "suck".

And it DOESN'T count that to close out 2014 we hung 45 on a team that is now, with a largely unchanged roster, ranked in the top 5.

And it CAN'T be mentioned that 3 of our 4 losses have come to teams that are currently in the hunt for playoff spots...and TWO of those will be in playoffs?

Oh and you WON'T mention that we lost each of those games by a frustratingly slim margin.

I boo you, sir.

Dont waste your time with the count.

According to him: if Tennessee wins, the team sucks. If Tennessee loses, the team sucks.

VN Store

Back