8-0 Officially Georgia Week

The opening spread for this game is Georgia --10.5

I say that will come down a lot. Some Georgia doofus posted that we were a 10.5 point favorite. Nope--the opposite. A much bigger spread
than I would have thought--but then I've not seen Georgia play. They will have to be the first team to cover our receivers to win this game, methinks.

Georgia's best LB apparently, Nolan, has a separated shoulder and there is a major question if he will play or not. I get the sense
he is their best pass rusher.

Georgia fans are not brimming with confidence about this game, I can say that after just being on one of their boards. Apprehensive is how
I'd describe many of their fans, based on a lot of their posts about this battle.

A long time since Georgia fans are apprehensive about Georgia playing Tennessee.

I’m very excited for the Tennessee Georgia game.

I’d like to see this next week:
S - Flowers
S - Walker
CB - Hadden
CB - Slaughter
NB - McDonald

Next 3 in are: S-McCullough/CB-Charles and Turnage

College Sports Madness is predicting Tennessee will play Ohio State in the FBS Semifinal in the Fiesta Bowl

Georgia has played nobody this year and won't play anyone decent after our game. They have possibly the easiest SEC schedule I have ever seen. Vols roll 45-31.

Which is why it’s very inane for David Pollack to seriously say in an article that the Volunteers have played no one before the Kentucky game.
The Volunteers defeated a great ranked number 3 Crimson Tide team. They also steamrolled a still ranked good LSU Tigers team in Tiger Stadium.
Also they defeated a ranked Florida team, Pittsburgh when they were ranked, and they steamrolled a ranked 19th Kentucky Wildcats team.
The same Kentucky Wildcats that defeated a most likely great still ranked Ol Miss Rebels team.

He hates the Volunteers defeated the Bulldogs 19-14 in 2004 when he was a Bulldogs LB so I’m not surprised he would state a lie about the 2022 Tennessee Volunteers.

this made me lol a bit even though its 14 instead of 12 now...

312419461_459962089540213_829885804541717092_n.jpg

So.. Bama and Georgia had a football game to see who was the dumbest.
The football stadium was along side a train track.
The score was tied 0-0 in the 4th quarter when a train runs by and blows the whistle.
Bama thought the game was over and went in the locker room.
6 plays later, Georgia scores…

Go VOLS

Reactions: tobybeast
A Tennessee grad and a Georgia grad were sitting in a bar.
The Georgia grad says “You went to Tennessee, didn’t you?”
Tennessee grad says “Yes, how did you know?”
The Georgia grad says “I noticed your class ring when you took a drink”
Tennessee grad says “You went to Georgia, didn’t you?”
The Georgia grad says “Yes, how did you know?”
Tennessee grad says “I noticed your class ring when you picked you nose.”

Go VOLS

Here I sit at 8-0. Watching two coaches I wanted - Kiffin (again) and Jimbo. What a great feeling to have neither.

I would have thrown up Big Orange chunks if we gave Kiffin another shot to betray our fanbase, don't think he has the minimum required character, and never had the warm fuzzies about Jimbo being a good fit here or anywhere he has to recruit seriously uphill. We got the right guy, even the right kind of guy, to come in here and succeed since we are never going to out Bama, Bama or out Georgia, Georgia consistently on the trail.

I DO NOT EXPECT him to pivot and have to go after the exact same skill set that either one of them go for, on either side of the ball. I am HOPING that we can get athletes higher up our wish lists that fit our different schemes. We will PROBABLY never match the national draw that Bama has, nor the combination of home area and national draw that GA has. HOWEVER, we do have an improving instate pool and a great secondary regional advantage area and an returning to some national appeal from the peak of the Majors and CPF days. It will be really hard to ever win the STAR WARS straight up against those guys. Does not mean we cannot get more production out of our guys on the field do to scheme fit and fitting in the culture.

Some of ours may not arrive immediately ready to contribute (think Hyatt), but not all 4 stars are created equal, and there are misses by those awarding stars to be had. A mix of big wins like Nico, and hitting on the right short list best and even best of the rest can work. Our star average on the squad will be up next year, so there is that. GO VOLS.

If our back end play exhibited against Kentucky continues here on out, combined with our offenses, we'll be the Bunyip horror for whoever we play.

Reactions: firestorm
Saturday's game marks the third time the Vols have been featured on Game Day this year, but only the first time for Georgia, the undefeated defending National Champions.

Lol, no wonder their fans are so salty about the "media love" UT is getting.

Vawls by fiddy!

If there is any way possible for Vols fans to go to the UGA game I suggest you go because you won't be harassed at all. Teased? Yes. Harassed at all? No. Quite the opposite from what I've observed over the years.

You forgot the blue font.

I guess if you consider grown men barking in your face, having your window flags ripped off as you're stuck in traffic, and people throwing cups at your car a mild teasing.

The campus is beautiful, but Athens was the worst gameday experience I have ever had.

I hope our guys practice with some piped in crowd noise this week to make sure we can get offensive signals and calls as quickly as usual. It's going to be loud and obnoxious there!!! Georgia fans are the worst!!!! FL and LSU are a close second I think. I'm thinking we will need to score mid 40's to win this one. Hoping we can check the TE's off the line and try to keep them out of their routes or at least throw off the timing. I don't think their running game is going to do much better than Alabama or Kentucky against our guys. The Ga defense is more physical than any we've played this year so we've got to keep Hendon upright and hopefully push some folks around up front. Man I'm ready for Saturday. It's going to be a long but exciting week!!!

This will be the first regular season #1 vs. #2 since Bama vs. LSU back in Nov 5, 2011. That infamous 9:6 game would be exactly 11 years ago to the date.

That infamous game was called “The Game of the Century” which hugely failed to be that since it was a low scoring game.

I’m optimistic the number 2 Volunteers vs number 1 Bulldogs game will be a thrilling close game.
Even if it’s a defensive struggle I’m still confident the Bulldogs and Volunteers both score above 10 points.

VN Store

Back