50 Killed 200+ Injured in Vegas Music Festival Shooting

At that age could have been a Vietnam vet still under stress from that war --- guess we will find out more about him soon

Don't know how to prevent? Really? Ban assault rifles. Period. No American public citizen needs an AR15 or similar gun for "defense" or hunting. Assault rifles are designed and made for war.

Such a horrific act. Really hard to wrap my mind around the nature of this kind of domestic terrorism.

But nothing will change concerning assault rifles/gun regulations. People will argue about it and then it will fade out of the social conversation. It has been happening for years.

Not trying to start an argument, but this is how it has played out for years, regardless of which side you fall on.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't know how to prevent? Really? Ban assault rifles. Period. No American public citizen needs an AR15 or similar gun for "defense" or hunting. Assault rifles are designed and made for war.

And again, educate yourself instead of getting your “facts” from liberal media. There are way more powerful rifles available to the public than an AR15. You want to ban it because it looks scary.

Full auto weapons are class 3 by ATF. Not the easiest to obtain and extremely expensive.

Full auto weapons are class 3 by ATF. Not the easiest to obtain and extremely expensive.

Yep. I’m sure a few guys on here know the cost, but isn’t it close to $30,000 to secure one?

Trucks serve a purpose in society. Assault rifles do not. If you disagree, please explain.

So you only care about death when it happens a certain way. Doesn't matter if people die as long as the object has another purpose? That's what you're saying. If it was truly caring about lives and safety, you would want vehicles banned.

Just being nit picky here, but an AR 15 can’t even come close to the rate of speed I heard in the videos I’ve seen of the shooting.

Think of a semi auto pistol. That’s all an AR 15 is.

Reactions: 1 person

You really know nothing about guns, do you?

So you only care about death when it happens a certain way. Doesn't matter if people die as long as the object has another purpose? That's what you're saying. If it was truly caring about lives and safety, you would want vehicles banned.

Illogical. Again please detail why the public needs assault rifles.

You can get some entry level full automatic weapons for under $20K. I've seen some for a little over $10K but they were pretty crappy. I have a friend that has an ac556 that I think he told me he would sell for $15K but I'm not sure.

After reviewing the video it was either full auto or perhaps a bump stock.

At first blush, this doesn't look to be a Muslim terrorist.

Stephen-C-Paddock.jpg

You can be white and be a Muslim terrorist.

giphy.gif

His girlfriend’s ethnicity and the fact that he had expensive automatic weapons makes the extremist angle plausible. Let’s wait for the facts to come out.

The banning weapons boat sailed a long time ago. Too many guns in service. Ban would only send them underground similar to the automatic weapon that was used in this case. Need to get insane people off the streets first. How could a guy this crazy be out walking around?

Illogical. Again please detail why the public needs assault rifles.

Other than magazine capacity, my semi-auto 30.06 is WAY more scarier than my AR15. But that doesn’t fit the narrative, I understand.

EDIT: The 30.06 is used for hunting in case you aren’t aware.

Could have been a bump stock or a trigger crank too. It would be monumental for this to be a full auto. I dont recall ever hearing about a full auto being used in an attack like this.

"...Audio of the shooting suggested that the shooter had used a military-style weapon, CNN law enforcement analyst James Gagliano said.

"Automatic weapon(s) like that -- had to be numbers of magazines or a very large drum, it sounded to me like a belt-fed weapon, a military-style weapon and then to be shooting down, to use the analogy, it was like shooting fish in a barrel in that space," Gagliano said."

Full auto weapons are extremely expensive and very hard to get. The supply is very limited because they were banned from import and manufacture in this country since 1986. You have to go through an extensive background check by the ATF that typically takes over a year.

Other than magazine capacity, my semi-auto 30.06 is WAY more scarier than my AR15. But that doesn’t fit the narrative, I understand.

EDIT: The 30.06 is used for hunting in case you aren’t aware.

Yeah, I would definitely rather be shot with an AR15 than a 30.06. People act like it’s this super powerful rifle, when in reality it was designed to wound instead of kill (or least the ammo it uses was).

Reactions: 3 people
No details yet on the gun used, but probably an assault rifle. Said it before, and I'll say it again: These guns serve no purpose in our society, and the 2nd Amendment does not grant the right to bear such arms intended for warfare. Not sure if this horrific incident will result in banning them to the public, but it should.

I agree with you for once. No reason to have an automatic weapon.

It will be interesting to see what he had and how he obtained it.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back