#5 Louisville just lost

Texas will hire herman, for huge money. lsu will try to get jimbo, but will probably be stuck with orgeron.

Reactions: 2 people
Houston should be undefeated with that talent. Getting out coached by Navy and SMU is inexcusable. I'm sure the Houston fans will be happy when Herman finally moves on.

So you're the Grand Poobah and therefore don't deign to use blue font?

Reactions: 3 people
Our playoff hopes continue to hang by a string.

If these upsets continue, we might be playing for more than an SEC title in Atlanta.

No way do we make it in the playoffs. Is it theoretically possible for a 3-loss SEC champion to make it in the playoffs? Sure, but not this year, considering we're the only ones who have a shot at being a 3-loss SEC champ and the fact that one of those losses was to a very bad team led by a worse coach, and the fact that luck played a part in us having only 3 losses (assuming we win out).

For those of us that root for the Falcons, Petrino losing badly is glorious

I've noticed that from Falcons fans. Lol. There are several on here who can't say enough bad things about Petrino.

Serious question here:

Whom would you rather have as your HC, if you were a school looking for a HC?

Petrino or Kiffin?

my fingers feel dirty just from typing this.

Last edited:
Tom Herman just became the hottest name in coaching once again. Seriously LSU needs to back a Wells Fargo truck up to this guys house because if Strong is fired then Texas will you can bet that.

Not sure if I would trust that Wells Fargo truck.

Lost in the hullabaloo of Lousville's loss was this: Troy lost as well, last night. They were, like Louisville, a 1-loss team before the evening began.

So we're down to two undefeated teams (Bama and WMU), and just seven one-loss squads (Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan, West Virginia, Washington, Boise, and San Diego St).

This has to be unprecedented in modern college football, to have so few outliers at the upper end, everyone being squeezed down toward the center of the bell curve.

With two weeks still to go in the regular season, followed by Championship weekend sure to knock off more of the best teams, there's a real chance that we'll have four or fewer teams left with less than two losses for bowl season.

Pretty amazing.

[and no, folks from the other thread, this does not mean any three-loss team is getting into the playoffs...will be FAR too many 2-loss programs with good resumes if a spot is open after the 0- and 1- loss teams are placed]

Reactions: 4 people
If we beat Bama in the SecCG we will be in the playoffs. Problem is....thats nearly impossible.

No, we will not. Bama would have just one loss, and we would still have 3. There are a handful of teams who might be considered for the playoffs. And despite the ravings, Tennessee is not one of them. The SECCG trophy and a bowl trophy is all the hardware that might be in our guy's grasp, but the playoffs?

If it were 8 teams going? Yeah, 3 loss teams would have a shot. 4? Dream on.

Reactions: 1 person
No way do we make it in the playoffs. Is it theoretically possible for a 3-loss SEC champion to make it in the playoffs? Sure, but not this year, considering we're the only ones who have a shot at being a 3-loss SEC champ and the fact that one of those losses was to a very bad team led by a worse coach, and the fact that luck played a part in us having only 3 losses (assuming we win out).

I'm not sure a 3-loss team ever makes the playoff, especially in a 4 playoff team format. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty confident it never would.

That being said, I agree there's no way this 3-loss Tennessee team can get there. We have a very poor body of work and currently have 18 teams ahead of us with only Vandy and Mizzou left on the schedule. Even a miraculous win over Bama in the SECCG wouldn't do it as a one loss Bama team would still go before us and rightfully so.

I'm not sure a 3-loss team ever makes the playoff, especially in a 4 playoff team format. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty confident it never would.

That being said, I agree there's no way this 3-loss Tennessee team can get there. We have a very poor body of work and currently have 18 teams ahead of us with only Vandy and Mizzou left on the schedule. Even a miraculous win over Bama in the SECCG wouldn't do it as a one loss Bama team would still go before us and rightfully so.
Agree. If we hadn't blown the uscjr game and then upset bama in Atlanta I could see it. There's no way a 3 loss team goes, bama would still have a spot if we did beat them.

VN Store

Back