#5 Louisville just lost

The committee does the rankings and if TN isn't boosted high before conference champion games, you'll know how they feel about us.

If we go to SEC champ game with a ranking high as 6 we might have a chance..

The 5/6 teams are where we need to be.

They specifically order the rankings depending on who's left to play.

The 4/5 teams are usually in same conference.

My guess it could be like this..

1. SEC
2. BIG 12
3. ACC
4. PAC
5. PAC
6. SEC (TN)

If we ain't in that 6th spot.. we are done

The committee does the rankings and if TN isn't boosted high before conference champion games, you'll know how they feel about us.

1. SEC
2. BIG 12
3. ACC
4. PAC
5. PAC
6. SEC (TN)

No.

The order is irrelevant. What matters is if there are 2 other conferences with 3-loss champs. If that happens we'll have a chance.

1. SEC
2. BIG 12
3. ACC
4. PAC
5. PAC
6. SEC (TN)

No way a Big 12 team gets in over the Big 10 champ. Even if we win the last tow games, there will have to be major upsets from #1-20 for us to even sniff anything. Beating Mizzou and Vandy will not put us in the top 25 unless almost everyone above us loses. Thats not going to happen.

We are not going to the playoffs. Sorry if you others) call this stomping around and crying. I call it reality. If Tennesee plays in Tampa this year, its the Outback bowl.

:)

TerrificDaringBernesemountaindog.gif

1. SEC
2. BIG 12
3. ACC
4. PAC
5. PAC
6. SEC (TN)

You honestly think wins over Mizzu and Vandy are moving us up 13 spots?

Yeah, at least the kid got the ball in the end, Tennessee fans will not be getting it, this yeah.

Ill be pretty excited if the win the next two, have a good showing in the SECCG. For the Bowl I would like to see Sugar or Citrus, but I think the Belk bowl is where we end up.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, at least the kid got the ball in the end, Tennessee fans will not be getting it, this yeah.

Ill be pretty excited if the win the next two, have a good showing in the SECCG. For the Bowl I would like to see Sugar or Citrus, but I think the Belk bowl is where we end up.

I was just bustin your nads. That seemed to be the perfect post for it.

I will just state as well.....the SEC dominance thing.....it's over. It's just not the case anymore.

What made the SEC what it was to make that claim is 3 or 4 schools were national title good, or talented, in a given year. An example was in 2006 when Florida won the national title and a lot of folks thought the best team in the league was LSU. A team that did not even go to the SEC title game but just so happened to win the national title the following year. A time when the SEC title game was #1 vs. #2 for two consecutive seasons. A time when a team in the league won the national title only to see its in-state rival within the league win the national title the following season. That's not the current state of the league.

There is one dominant team right now. Alabama. There are a bunch of teams in the West who are good, but not playoff caliber. And the East.....is garbage. Of the two best teams right now, one of them the clock is ticking on moving from 7-2 to 7-4. The other one has lost 3 times and escaped a couple more losses.

I still think the league is the best in the country. However, the disparity between leagues is not the same.

I think it's time that people recognize that the Big 10 is pretty legit.

Last edited:
How did I miss this thread?

Do some people really believe the playoffs are possible?

Yes. Embarrassingly, yes they do. Care to take a guess who the head cheerleader is? (Hint: rhymes with "Snobs Poor Thighs Pan")

And this is only one of them. There are 2 or 3 of them. Sigh.

Last edited:
Yes. Embarrassingly, yes they do. Care to take a guess who the head cheerleader is? (Hint: rhymes with "Snobs Poor Thighs Pan")

And this is only one of them. There are 2 or 3 of them. Sigh.

Obviously you enjoy it.

And I don't see that as bad, just sayin. :thumbsup:

I will just state as well.....the SEC dominance thing.....it's over. It's just not the case anymore.

What made the SEC what it was to make that claim is 3 or 4 schools were national title good, or talented, in a given year. An example was in 2006 when Florida won the national title and a lot of folks thought the best team in the league was LSU. A team that did not even go to the SEC title game but just so happened to win the national title the following year. A time when the SEC title game was #1 vs. #2 for two consecutive seasons. A time when a team in the league won the national title only to see its in-state rival within the league win the national title the following season. That's not the current state of the league.

There is one dominant team right now. Alabama. There are a bunch of teams in the West who are good, but not playoff caliber. And the East.....is garbage. Of the two best teams right now, one of them the clock is ticking on moving from 7-2 to 7-4. The other one has lost 3 times and escaped a couple more losses.

I still think the league is the best in the country. However, the disparity between leagues is not the same.

I think it's time that people recognize that the Big 10 is pretty legit.
Ugh, agreeing with a gator law make me want to puke :)

VN Store

Back