40% Millennials Okay Limiting Free Speech

I'm on the old end of millennial. Boomers may be the worst.

In many ways they are the worst and most selfish generation ever. But these millennials for the most part are a bunch of crybabies and sad to say it's my generations fault.

I think censorship of public airwaves is a different issue.

you don't have a Constitutional right to use broadcast media and it's well established practice to regulate said media.

The government doesn't have the constitutional power to regulate broadcast media in the first place. My right to say whatever I want through that medium is implied. That's my opinion, anyway.

BTW, fun tid bit...the main justification for regulating broadcast language is that there were only a few channels. There were so many newspapers, periodicals, etc. you could choose a different option if you didn't like the language used by the New Yorker, so the FCC left print alone, but broadcast was different...you didn't have many choices at all. Now look at how many radio stations and TV channels there are. LOL. We still regulate the air waves.

Reactions: 2 people
The government doesn't have the constitutional power to regulate broadcast media in the first place. My right to say whatever I want through that medium is implied. That's my opinion, anyway.

BTW, fun tid bit...the main justification for regulating broadcast language is that there were only a few channels. There were so many newspapers, periodicals, etc. you could choose a different option if you didn't like the language used by the New Yorker, so the FCC left print alone, but broadcast was different...you didn't have many choices at all. Now look at how many radio stations and TV channels there are. LOL. We still regulate the air waves.

That's a must.

In many ways they are the worst and most selfish generation ever. But these millennials for the most part are a bunch of crybabies and sad to say it's my generations fault.

Fair point. I'm thinking the real passionate crybaby portion of the group skews to the younger side. My anecdotal evidence and friend group aren't SJWs.

I'm on the old end of millennial. Boomers may be the worst.

I'm a Gen X er. Boomers were the worst at parenting as they created this crop of malcontent idiots. But Millennials have taken the whole "you're so special you're #1" as gospel and not allegory.

Social Justice Warror..aka wimps. Like that German guy who crashed the plane full of people into the mountains earlier this year.
Not sure that would apply to him. I cant put him in the same category with LG and Gloria Alred. Unless I totally misunderstand the term.

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure that would apply to him. I cant put him in the same category with LG and Gloria Alred. Unless I totally misunderstand the term.

He was a lunatic SJW who couldn't handle all of the "injustice" in the world so he commited suicide by plane crash..and killed 144 people in the process.

Never though about this but SJW's have killed more people this year than the KKK, or Nazis, or Christians..combined.

He was a lunatic SJW who couldn't handle all of the "injustice" in the world so he commited suicide by plane crash..and killed 144 people in the process.

Never though about this but SJW's have killed more people this year than the KKK, or Nazis, or Christians..combined.
naaaaaaah. He was very disturbed. Not to say that many of the libtards are not, but it is a different kind of mental deficiency to take it to a murder/suicide like that. Especially since he had a lot of time to change his mind. That guy checked out. He wasn't anywhere near that cockpit when it hit the ground. But I can agree to disagree with you on that.

lulz. Yeah, because a lack of internet regulation has totally ruined the web.

It would be a great to have complete unregulated airwaves.
Over-the-air radio and TV would surely respect each others frequency, never step into emergency or other critical bands and it would be a free for all! I see no problems with that.

It would be a great to have complete unregulated airwaves.
Over-the-air radio and TV would surely respect each others frequency, never step into emergency or other critical bands and it would be a free for all! I see no problems with that.

I was talking about regulating speech, not infrastructural control.

Reactions: 1 person

Sweet Jesus...

For every PC *****, there's a manic blowhard like you to balance it out.

Reactions: 4 people
Why should the FCC exist?

They may not have a need, I'm sure just like every other governmental department they have expanded their reach beyond it's intended purpose. Some entity has to regulate the airwaves, assign frequencies and such.

VN Store

Back