3 out of 4?

You still didn't give an answer as to why none of them do?

Cofer is compared to Faried, the only guy Tyndall has put into the league as a HC. How does he NOT FIT his system?

Lulz

And, you haven't answered my original question...waiting.

:whistling:

My answer is no.

Your turn.

Thank you. So, you have no objections to CDT saying no thanks to commits who he doesn't feel fit what he is looking for.

As for whether or not any of them are what he is looking for, I can't answer that with anything other than my opinion...but, my opinion is that yes, Cofer fits his system. However, fitting a system and being the type of player that a Coach wants can sometimes be two separate things. Basketball acumen, physicality at the position, athleticism are examples of traits that some coaches look for when recruiting. Do any of these recruits have those? Again, IMO they do, but I have found that my opinion means very little to the Tennessee coaches of any sport.

Reactions: 1 person
When a new coach comes in you have to give him all the rope he request. The question is will he hang himself with it. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Only time will tell if he made the correct call on these kids.

Doesn't appear from here that he's the one making the call. The recruits are making the call, and what they are saying is they think CCM >>>>>>>>CDT.

Doesn't appear from here that he's the one making the call. The recruits are making the call, and what they are saying is they think CCM >>>>>>>>CDT.

That is understandable from their perspective just as Tyler Smith did not gravitate to Pearl with his hiring.

Not according to the folks in the know on the board...CDT is telling them that they are not loved and needed, so they are bailing.

Posted this is in his player thread but Turman is requesting a release per Rob Lewis.

The issue here is many are seeing this as the players don't wanna be here and Tyndall is doing the honorable thing by granting a release.

That's not the case.

I'm now hearing this isn't/wasn't the case as much as previously thought; at least not with Jordan. I'll know more tomorrow, as his coach didn't get the chance to really sit down with him today before school let out but plans on visiting and discussing his options with him tomorrow. But in the little bit he talked to Jordan he said that CDT really wanted all 4 guys to stay. Hopefully we'll know more on the Cornish end tomorrow but its an odd situation. It may be nothing more than having a solid relationship with CCM and having that "ripped" away.

Either recruits who left think CCM>CDT or they just don't like the CDT type of personality (we know they committed to the completely different type of coach in the first place - quiet and not in your face as opposed to loud and flamboyant). I also worry how our existing important players like JRich and Hubbs are going to respond to CDT (for the same reason - they obviously liked CCM as a person and coach). If those guys end up transferring (or struggling playing for CDT) we could be in situation where we need 2-3 years of rebuilding (have to wait until CDT can get his own players who will respond to his coaching style the way he expects).

Come on people! Anyone who’s played any kind of organized sports knows how most coaches are. To me, this is proving to show what we observed during the season. The coach is soft, therefore the players are soft. Tyndall is not soft, and if you can’t take it, I guess you follow Cuonzo. But watch Calipari with his 5* recruits. If they make a mistake, he’s in their face on national television. Calipari won’t worry about hurting your feelings, neither will Pitino, neither will Marshall, neither will Izzo, neither will Coach K. In his press conference, Tyndall said he’d be up front and honest, but that he wasn’t touchy feely, rather direct, honest, and to the point.

Now we’ll see who really is the tougher breed, because it wasn’t, isn’t, and won’t be Cuonzo Martin.

constant use of parenthesis (like this) are freaking unnecessary (and annoying) especially when trying to make a point (which is usually whiny and wrong)

This reminds me of when my daughter was a freshman in highschool. She had been a pretty darn good basketball player but got burned out and decided to quit a couple of years earlier. She came to me and said she was going out for the volleyball team. I said great, you love volleyball and I think you'll enjoy getting back into a team sport. Well a day or two later she had tryouts. She didn't mention them and I didn't say anything for a few days until my curiosity got the best of me. I asked her about the tryouts and she said it was terrible. She said the coach was mean and didn't act like he wanted her (and her friend) around. Said he wasn't friendly and yelled a lot. I laughed and she wanted to know what was so funny. I said he was just weeding out the weak and the ones that really wanted to be there.

Let me be clear, I don't think Tyndall asked them to leave, but I don't think an effort was made to any of them to make them feel wanted. If that makes sense.

That's what I took from your earlier post. To me that's the equivalent of asking them to leave. If he really wanted them he would have been on a plane to see each of them.

VN Store

Back