3 out of 4?

He needs to get 8 to 9 deep on the roster. No telling who goes or stays on current roster, but to do it he must have to bring in 4 or 5 players to do it. We are looking at the worse right now. Nobody has the big picture, but he does. So let them go and see.

Too many rumors and speculation on how it went down but I would not want a player that did not want to be here or that the coach did not want here.

Why waste everybody's time and prolong it over 2- 4 years. Fix immediately and don't work around the problem. It's an awful way to do it, but it is business.

You give a man a Ferrari tell him to drive it and when the race but he can only do it with a top end speed of 80 mph and a Volkswagen engine installed.

Something had to give, maybe he was honest with the recruits.

At this point, he needs those recruits though, even if they don't "fit his system". He may get the luxury of turning a recruit or two away if he has 12 other scholarships filled, but at this point he needs bodies for next year. He doesn't even have enough to practice, and anyone with any talent is already committed elsewhere.

If he goes out and finds 6 transfer and JuCo kids then he'll come off looking like a genius, but I've looked at the JuCo and transfer lists and I'm not sure there are six out there total that can contribute better than the four signees can.

JMO, but Tyndall is in a tough spot.

If the signed players want released from their LOI's and he doesn't honor it, he's the bad guy.

If they want to stay, but aren't made to feel welcome, then he's the bad guy.

If Donnie Tyndall doesn't think they fit what he wants to do then the best way to do that is to let them down easy without saying "we aren't honoring your LOI." Why let the kid come here and sit the bench and then realize he's made a mistake a year from now and lose eligibility?

All this is just my opinion and I can see if from both the coach and recruit point of view. We don't need to get overly emotional in either direction. Let Tyndall do his thing. If he's allowing kids to get a release, then I don't see how people can be mad at him. JMO. GBO.

but....but....HYPERBOLE AND LOUD NOISES!!!!!!

At this point, he needs those recruits though, even if they don't "fit his system". He may get the luxury of turning a recruit or two away if he has 12 other scholarships filled, but at this point he needs bodies for next year. He doesn't even have enough to practice, and anyone with any talent is already committed elsewhere.

If he goes out and finds 6 transfer and JuCo kids then he'll come off looking like a genius, but I've looked at the JuCo and transfer lists and I'm not sure there are six out there total that can contribute better than the four signees can.

But, if youre going to take someone just to fill a spot, JUCO makes way more sense, because they wont take a roster spot for 4 years

Nobody is expecting UT to cut down the nets next year MC.

Yeah, but the implications on attendance and fan apathy could be significant between a 17 win, NIT season and a losing season with 7 scholarship players.

You guys were going to be rebuilding next year nonetheless, but if he plays with 7 scholarship guys this year, and Richardson is gone next year, he's essentially rebuilding the year after as well.

CDT said that he was never big on just filling a roster spot just to be filling it. Really wanted all four signees I thought CCM did a solid recruiting job on evaluating all four. Kinda sucks. But I wait and see what happens...in Donnie Knoxville I trust!

Too late in the game to do that this season.

If all 4 bail, does he have 7 scholarship players for next season assuming Hubbs stays?

Had the same timetable and situation when he took the job at SM. wouldn't count him out just yet.

Yeah, but the implications on attendance and fan apathy could be significant between a 17 win, NIT season and a losing season with 7 scholarship players.

You guys were going to be rebuilding next year nonetheless, but if he plays with 7 scholarship guys this year, and Richardson is gone next year, he's essentially rebuilding the year after as well.

He's gonna have more than 7 scholarship players.

Reactions: 1 person
This thread feels like Kermit time freak out mode.... We are now to questioning whether we will have enough players on scholarship to field a team?

This thread feels like Kermit time freak out mode.... We are now to questioning whether we will have enough players on scholarship to field a team?

Quick, someone post a video of that guy from "Parks and Recreation" that screams everything angry.

When a new coach comes in you have to give him all the rope he request. The question is will he hang himself with it. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Only time will tell if he made the correct call on these kids.

I don't think he does this unless he does have a plan. Problem is that we don't know it.

Another thought is why waste time or a scholarship or a player if he doesn't fit the system.

I am willing to give the coach a chance, but it looks like we are in a major rebuilding mold and i just dont know if he can GET the type of recruits here that can win year in year out.

G'head and give up...we got this...lil champion. :good!:

I don't think he does this unless he does have a plan. Problem is that we don't know it.

Another thought is why waste time or a scholarship or a player if he doesn't fit the system.

Yes, if he has a plan all of this is moot.

As for his system, a system is all well and good but it's not much use when you don't have enough players to go 5 on 5. You gotta get bodies first, then you can have the luxury of weeding those who don't fir the system out later.

The issue here is many are seeing this as the players don't wanna be here and Tyndall is doing the honorable thing by granting a release.

That's not the case.

So, it's ok for the kids to determine that they don't want to be here and leave, but it's bad for DT to determine that they don't fit what he is looking for and he allows them to leave and pursue their dreams at another place?

So, it's ok for the kids to determine that they don't want to be here and leave, but it's bad for DT to determine that they don't fit what he is looking for and he allows them to leave and pursue their dreams at another place?

So none of the 4 signees fit his style? Care to give an explanation, because I actually have seen it posted numerous times this class fits Tyndall better than Zo?

Reactions: 2 people
So none of the 4 signees fit his style? Care to give an explanation, because I actually have seen it posted numerous times this class fits Tyndall better than Zo?

You've seen several of the folks on VN posting that in their opinion, this recruit or that one fits DT's style better than CM's. Please show me where you saw DT say that they fit his style.

And, that wasn't the question that I asked you, but nice try at deflection.

You've seen several of the folks on VN posting that in their opinion, this recruit or that one fits DT's style better than CM's. Please show me where you saw DT say that they fit his style.

And, that wasn't the question that I asked you, but nice try at deflection.

You still didn't give an answer as to why none of them do?

Cofer is compared to Faried, the only guy Tyndall has put into the league as a HC. How does he NOT FIT his system?

Lulz

VN Store

Back