2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

Holdsclaw won 3 and Candace won 2. Candace would have won 3 also had she chosen to stay for her 4th year of eligibility. You can take your troll A$$ back to whatever school you cheer for.
Holdsclaw did indeed win 3 in a row (and her sophomore NCAA tourney run was a Jordanesque thing of beauty to behold). CP3 won 2 NCs and a third would not have been out of the question.

However, they each won those titles and accomplished their All-american stats in their own respective eras. Bill Russell won 11 titles but you can't logically extrapolate from that achievement that the caliber of players in the 1960s NBA were just as good as those playing today.

Holdsclaw won 3 and Candace won 2. Candace would have won 3 also had she chosen to stay for her 4th year of eligibility. You can take your troll A$$ back to whatever school you cheer for.
Are you stupid? No one is denying Holdsclaw or Candace are as good or better as any of the current greats, but there were other players on those teams too...and that's where they fell short.

You think Holdsclaw's '97 team wouldn't get blown out by SC's most recent championship team? Good luck with that.

LOL you think building team chemistry is the "dumbest take" you've ever heard? Ok then.

I don't disagree with you that Kellie's tremendous culture/chemistry probably was an exaggeration, but for every SC where you have a loaded team that individually is willing to sacrifice for the greater good, there are 10 similar teams that implode due to egos and player confict...as evidenced by pretty much every on of the latter teams coached by Holly Warlick.
No I’m saying that u are implying girls not playing will impact team chemistry…

Those girls are bad teammates and should be kicked off

No I’m saying that u are implying girls not playing will impact team chemistry…

Those girls are bad teammates and should be kicked off
Probably...but you never know if you have a SC '24 or a Tenn '16 until the wheel stops spinning. No coach worth their salt would ever take team dynamics for granted no matter how "obvious" the solution is.

Reactions: 1reVOLver and glv98
Nye would be a no brainer IMO. She'd be the ideal starting 3. I don't know what Cooper will bring to the team, but Aliyah is a proven P5 starter for a good team and a 2nd team All SEC. Maybe Cooper can run the point, but I don't know enough about where she's best deployed. Less sold on Whitehorn, though.

I think CKC's biggest challenge is that she's a new coach to the team and if the players/culture is as tight as we've been told, then "hiring from the outside" and having players who played a lot be relegated to the end of the bench could disrupt team dynamics/chemistry. But I guess that's why she's paid the big bucks!

Nothing against Nye, if she wants to be a LV then I’m all for it. But let’s be honest about individual abilities here.
I would bet you good money one vs one Cooper would beat Nye more times than she would lose. There was a legit article written about Rickea Jackson and Talaysia Cooper going back and forth competing in practice as she sat out this season. We can push for players to join the team without dismissing the highly rated talent already on the roster.
Fans I understand we all want to wait and see about Coop but this is not rocket science. Talaysia Cooper is going to be a name folks will be talking about this season across the WBB landscape.

Nothing against Nye, if she wants to be a LV then I’m all for it. But let’s be honest about individual abilities here.
I would bet you good money one vs one Cooper would beat Nye more times than she would lose.
Fans I understand we all want to wait and see about Coop but this is not rocket science. Talaysia Cooper is going to be a name folks will be talking about this season across the WBB landscape.
Maybe that's true, but at this point she's still an unknown quantity. She didn't play much during her freshman year, and when she did play she wasn't a standout for the majority of her games. Until she shows out on the court, she's still potential vs. a proven commodity...which Nye is.

Probably...but you never know if you have a SC '24 or a Tenn '16 until the wheel stops spinning. No coach worth their salt would ever take team dynamics for granted no matter how "obvious" the solution is.
I just really don’t get ur point? It was basically if the girls don’t play play them or they will be toxic? I don’t understand the logic

I didn't realize Baylor was on her list! I read somewhere (who knows where, I'm losing track 😵‍💫) that suggested she was looking at Florida State, LSU, and Tennessee, but maybe they were missing that Baylor was in the picture.
It was a blink and you’ll miss it insta story. She posted some photos from her visit as well. I hope they’re out of the running 😂

1000% I agree!

Certain fans are obsessed with the idea of a perfect player smh.

Just welcome the talent and support the team. That’s not a lot to ask for.

GBO🍊.
I do understand supporting the players that your team gets but ain’t nothing wrong with wanting some of the players that let’s say South Carolina, UCONN and USC are getting

I would bet you good money one vs one Cooper would beat Nye more times than she would lose. There was a legit article written about Rickea Jackson and Talaysia Cooper going back and forth competing in practice as she sat out this season. We can push for players to join the team without dismissing the highly rated talent already on the roster.
No arguments…I spent 5 years watching Coop in HS and at SC. My only thought is that it seems many here are thinking she is a natural college PG. She may develop into that. She is a natural 2 or 3 last time she suited up in college ball, but she is such a smart player I don’t doubt she could fill the PG role for a team, but it’s not ideal for her, it could be for her team depending on circumstances and she would fill that role admirably I think. If you had a perfect world you put her at the 2 or 3 as a 6’ athlete and let her slash and dice her way to the hoop at will and I suspect her shooting % improves quickly also. But yeah, she could play PG If needed there, it would stall her offense some though.
Wherever UT plays her she will excel, you got a great athlete and BB player with her. She will be one of your best players this season coming.

Last edited:
Saying that it would be great to sign Nye (and her 41% 3pt shooting) has nothing to to with Coopers' potential. Yes, we have Coop who seems to be more a slash and drive guard than a consistent outside shooting threat (as a freshman she went 5 for 21). So, that leaves some gaps to be filled in a system that presumably is going to be 3pt. oriented.

In fact, there is no necessary reason to even compare Coop and Nye. They would play different roles in the team. Obviously, a slash and drive player is going to benefit from an outside shooting threat. They fact that Nye and Cooper would be great complements is part of the reason there is excitement about Nye.

Saying that it would be great to sign Nye (and her 41% 3pt shooting) has nothing to to with Coopers' potential. Yes, we have Coop who seems to be more a slash and drive guard than a consistent outside shooting threat (as a freshman she went 5 for 21). So, that leaves some gaps to be filled in a system that presumably is going to be 3pt. oriented.

In fact, there is no necessary reason to even compare Coop and Nye. They would play different roles in the team. Obviously, a slash and drive player is going to benefit from an outside shooting threat. They fact that Nye and Cooper would be great complements is part of the reason there is excitement about Nye.
And don’t discount that Coop could become a good outside shooter, she may well do so. I don’t think LV fans will complain one way or the other with her, she brings a lot to the game. I have said this before, Coop is almost a clone of Rivers. Rivers has never developed a consistent outside shot, perhaps Coop will, but look at what Rivers brings to a team…I think Coop can be a better outside shooter than Rivers btw.

I do understand supporting the players that your team gets but ain’t nothing wrong with wanting some of the players that let’s say South Carolina, UCONN and USC are getting

I do not know why Southern California is in the conversation until they do what UCONN, South Carolina, or Tennessee has done for atleast 10 more seasons.

You do know Lazaria Spearman three finalists out of HS were Miami, Louisville, and South Carolina right?

You do know South Carolina signed Talaysia Cooper out of HS. Did not work out so they parted ways. We will get to see a re-energized Coop in Knoxville. You do also know that Rickea Jackson and Jordan Horston were recruited by South Carolina right?
IJS.

Are you stupid? No one is denying Holdsclaw or Candace are as good or better as any of the current greats, but there were other players on those teams too...and that's where they fell short.

You think Holdsclaw's '97 team wouldn't get blown out by SC's most recent championship team? Good luck with that.
Its hard to compare different Era's. Styles make fights. I can't say any champion would blow out any other champion. They are called champions for a reason, there are some things they don't have stats for. On top of that I saw that recent SC team need a buzzer beater from the most least likely person on their roster to beat a LV team that fired the HC. Give me Coach Summit & Holdsclaw and I like my chances against anybody.

How many guards we have now? Cause we need at least eight guards that is how many she played at Marshall. Spear, Cooper, Boyd, Wells, Strickland, Darby, and Wynn. So maybe one more guard or two if she gets the right players. Four scholarships to give.
Darby x 2

Its hard to compare different Era's. Styles make fights. I can't say any champion would blow out any other champion. They are called champions for a reason, there are some things they don't have stats for. On top of that I saw that recent SC team need a buzzer beater from the most least likely person on their roster to beat a LV team that fired the HC. Give me Coach Summit & Holdsclaw and I like my chances against anybody.
Yeah, same when we try to compare some of the great Celtic or Laker teams to recent championship teams, prob not worth the discussion, nobody will ever know. I do however believe that athletes have been getting bigger, stronger, faster and more skilled over the years and if I was pressed to guess I would have to say the more modern teams have those advantages.

VN Store

Back