2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

There is a logjam at the 2/3 spot, but if CKC wants to be competitive in the SEC, she’s gonna take the players who give her the best chance of doing that.

If Whitehorn and/or Nye want to come, you have to take them.
Nye would be a no brainer IMO. She'd be the ideal starting 3. I don't know what Cooper will bring to the team, but Aliyah is a proven P5 starter for a good team and a 2nd team All SEC. Maybe Cooper can run the point, but I don't know enough about where she's best deployed. Less sold on Whitehorn, though.

I think CKC's biggest challenge is that she's a new coach to the team and if the players/culture is as tight as we've been told, then "hiring from the outside" and having players who played a lot be relegated to the end of the bench could disrupt team dynamics/chemistry. But I guess that's why she's paid the big bucks!

I think CKC's biggest challenge is that she's a new coach to the team and if the players/culture is as tight as we've been told, then "hiring from the outside" and having players who played a lot be relegated to the end of the bench could disrupt team dynamics/chemistry. But I guess that's why she's paid the big bucks!
This would be a good problem to have, imo. If she’s gonna restore the culture to a WINNING culture, everyone has to earn their minutes. Compete.

Nye would be a no brainer IMO. She'd be the ideal starting 3. I don't know what Cooper will bring to the team, but Aliyah is a proven P5 starter for a good team and a 2nd team All SEC. Maybe Cooper can run the point, but I don't know enough about where she's best deployed. Less sold on Whitehorn, though.

Who tf cares. I don’t think the chemistry is as good as u think. And if they can’t earn it and are a problem about it good riddance I’d kick them off. Good teammates will sacrifice for the team. This is the dumbest take I’ve heard

Reactions: Deebowbear
Yes the overall numbers look good, but I’m talking about when the game would be close and we just couldn’t score for about 5 mins and end up in a deep hole. Rickea won’t be here to camouflage anymore, that’s why I think we need more scoring but we need defense as well, we need all the help we can get.

Reactions: glv98

This is true. In many cases, when UT loss games by wide margins it was not only due to scoring droughts but the fact they couldn’t stop none of the opposing team’s scorers.

There were times were players had career nights against UT that weren’t even one of the opponents top 3 options in some instances.

The first two signees are athletic, strong rebounders, and will play competitive defense. Coach Caldwell and her staff at Tennessee is checking the boxes with these two portal signings.

Then why didn't they repeat? As a trio, they won 1 NC and lost at least 3 games I remember (Purdue, LSU, Duke) during Chamique's senior year. Semeka and Tamika lost a handful of games their Jr. year playing together, and same with their senior year. None of those teams that beat them during these years would be argued as being better than SC was this year.

Geter would have gotten eaten up by Watkins and Cardosa, Jollie Harper would have been outmatched athletically by their quick backcourt and Semeka's lack of an outside shot would have rendered her less effective against a team with equal size and athleticism. It's a different level now. These scenarios would have also been true for some of those early UConn teams that ran over all the other teams like a steamroller.
Holdsclaw won 3 and Candace won 2. Candace would have won 3 also had she chosen to stay for her 4th year of eligibility. You can take your troll A$$ back to whatever school you cheer for.

Official! Also I hate when people scream “first” or “credit”

Look at the HVL situation. U don’t see them going “first to be wrong!”

Reactions: knoxvol52
That settles it then, there were no great shooting teams in WBB this year. I suppose you are saying if we look at historical stats then a team 3pt% of 40% is not great? Should we address that?😉
Nah, I'm just ribbing ya. If you guys shoot 40 then I'm moving the goal post to 41.😁

Reactions: Rooster1
Who tf cares. I don’t think the chemistry is as good as u think. And if they can’t earn it and are a problem about it good riddance I’d kick them off. Good teammates will sacrifice for the team. This is the dumbest take I’ve heard
LOL you think building team chemistry is the "dumbest take" you've ever heard? Ok then.

I don't disagree with you that Kellie's tremendous culture/chemistry probably was an exaggeration, but for every SC where you have a loaded team that individually is willing to sacrifice for the greater good, there are 10 similar teams that implode due to egos and player confict...as evidenced by pretty much every on of the latter teams coached by Holly Warlick.

VN Store

Back