2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've just about fallen to the bottom 3rd in the SEC 😬..."be careful what we wish for"
What, the new coach? Last I checked, they haven’t had a roster turnover, so the players that would be putting Tennessee in the bottom 1/3 of the SEC are the ones that the former coach was able to recruit. Keeping her wouldn’t all of a sudden transform them into contenders.

Looks like the Alabama Schools are going to town in the Portal. Scott to Auburn and Green to Alabama. Scott should pick right up where Honesty Scott Grayson left off for scoring. Wonder how her defense will be in Johnnie Harris system. Seems to me if you don't play defense at Auburn, you don't play.

U get expelled u gone no second chances
Sadly, this is true. If you read UTK Code of Conduct, you’ll see it’s like being exiled to Siberia. You can’t even come on campus. But working in a UTK department that has to be familiar with these sorts of things, I can tell you that “punishments” are not consistently enforced.

When Kellie got here, she said she was only going to recruit top tier players. Why? Because those are the players we need to win a ship. We didn’t get those players for many reasons, not just one. Strong competition from other programs, NIL, negative recruiting from other programs, Kellie ( although I love her) couldn’t close.

You want CKC to go after the best players, and she will. Her success or failure or somewhere in between will depend on all of the above, not just one factor. Recruiting is about building relationships with players, too, and CKC has said that coming from a smaller program she is used to doing it all, including being accessible to players. They talk to her about the bad day they’re having, love problems, you name it. This is a huge win for us.

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
We are quickly falling behind a lot of teams in the SEC alone...I really hope coach is gonna surprise us with some big time portal pick ups...If not 🤔...DW talked about the right coach and better NIL support [we should see immediate results imo]...[no harm intended] we don’t need to bring in a bunch of Marshall type players and expect to win in the SEC...that ain't happening...I'm just saying 🤷LVFL 🧡 💙🧡
How do you know we’re falling behind? It’s been a week since she was hired.

When Kellie got here, she said she was only going to recruit top tier players. Why? Because those are the players we need to win a ship. We didn’t get those players for many reasons, not just one. Strong competition from other programs, NIL, negative recruiting from other programs, Kellie ( although I love her) couldn’t close.

You want CKC to go after the best players, and she will. Her success or failure or somewhere in between will depend on all of the above, not just one factor. Recruiting is about building relationships with players, too, and CKC has said that coming from a smaller program she is used to doing it all, including being accessible to players. They talk to her about the bad day they’re having, love problems, you name it. This is a huge win for us.
Relationship building with those in the Portal is not as important .....not much time to do so......

For now, I am just going to assume and think we have our assistant coaches in place. The assistant from Marshall replaced Jon. Joy and Sam stay. Not worth thinking about IMO until there is a change, if there is one.

Same not what I expected but I’m beginning to think that is the case. Hope they negotiated themselves a good deal if so!

Some are panicking because some good payers are signing elsewhere or announced staying put. I am nervous as well as I know we need so.e portal players preferably with 2 years left. A post is almost a must and a good scoring point guard would be helpful as well.

Yeah I expect to see us taking more young players. Building for the future.

There are 1,200 kids in the portal. It’s gonna be alright.

Kentucky also needs a team and don’t see them making any big moves either.

A player like Bransford would be a huge pickup. A lot of potential just needs more playing time. Jah who was at Sc would be a nice pickup as well. We need some inside players and may need to take a chance on a mid-major of which there are three or four that I think have more potential than some of the players at P5 schools. Teonni Key may be ready to be a good player a lot of height and length has been injured most of her time at NC. Still well over 150 players that are valuable to any team we only need four or five.

Yeah I expect to see us taking more young players. Building for the future.

There are 1,200 kids in the portal. It’s gonna be alright.

Kentucky also needs a team and don’t see them making any big moves either.
Me too she’s gonna want some continuity in year 2 unlike previous admin….

We only have 4 players next year. That need to be more like 7-8 unless we want to stay in the endless portal cycle.

I think people will be disappointed with her pick ups but they will be our needs to rebuild the program back up…

Freshman and sophomores over 1 years no matter how good imo

Reactions: Volfan2012
A player like Bransford would be a huge pickup. A lot of potential just needs more playing time. Jah who was at Sc would be a nice pickup as well. We need some inside players and may need to take a chance on a mid-major of which there are three or four that I think have more potential than some of the players at P5 schools. Teonni Key may be ready to be a good player a lot of height and length has been injured most of her time at NC. Still well over 150 players that are valuable to any team we only need four or five.
Yes if we end up with these types I will consider it a major success. P5 good potential players. Good list too. I’m gonna look to see who the youngins are that would be fits.

Seems more and more like it was specifically the Harpers and White that just did not have a good working relationship.

Still think there was some truth to what Maria printed initially. Just don’t think Kellie wanted people knowing she ultimately chose love over Lady Vols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back