2024 Transfer Portal

They can receive NIL. The nonsensical restriction is they cannot do work in the US. For example, Oscar at KY filmed his commercials and signings while in the Bahamas.
Exactly. Follow the rules, make yer monies…

I'm so confused! I get them confused too which is why I never mentioned the first names. And WTF does it matter? The point was it's clear nepotism for a father to coach his son, wonderful as it's been. Why is Jon worse. That was the original question lol.

There are several father son combos across MBB just like wife/hubby coaching combos in WBB. Not sure why one of them is so much worse.
Nevermind you keep beating that horse.

Like I said in a earlier post I don't Care if Jon Is on The **** staff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Klclark
BC the internet is relentlessly polarizing, I'm pushed way further onto the Kellie train than I ever intended to be just bc of the savageness with which people are 'preying on her downfall'. And the unfairness of some of the assessments. And the fact she's such a dang nice, caring person who has such a culture to be proud of.

I can see the direction and its down and I'm not ok with that. For sure all available career evidence says KJH will not be able to pull the wagon out of the ditch. I think unless the universe stops torturing KJH right now and starts rewarding her that next year is likely to be pretty bad, and definitely her last. But I also think 99% she'll be back this yr so let's get her some dang $$$ and see what happens.

Also, I think the next hire has to be picked out in advance, and be an absolute home run or don't bother.
Told you months ago, apathy is real. Once it sets in and is established the end is inevitable.

Reactions: mcannon1
Alliyah Edwards got a good Addias deal, but can only work it in Canada. Which is alot easier than Australia. According to ths article, athletes fm other countries can get 'passive NIL' like proceeds from jersey sales, etc.

Why even call yourself a UT fan if all you want is a bad year so the coach is fired and your ego can be saved?
No different than watching the ship go down, white knuckle holding on knowing the water is deep.

Don’t know if others are more familiar with her game, but she’s young and had a nice game against Stanford.

She was the #47 recruit per Hoopgurlz last year. She could be a really good pickup. She's a 6'2" forward who averaged 5.1 points, 3.7 boards, shot 56% on 2s, 38% on 3s, and 73% on FTs in just 15 minutes per game as a freshman. Would have 3 years of eligibility.

Well we are talking about next year and who is good and who needs to be run out of town. Be careful what you wish for because things may be worse than you could imagine. With Texas and Oklahoma coming into the conference Tennessee’s reach for the top just got harder. To stay a top contender, I feel that we need to do some serious portal work. Presently on our roster we have nothing to replace Jackson, not even close. I really do not know if there is anyone presently in the portal with her skillset. If Key does not come back we are part of the way up Shitt Creek, without a paddle, at the post position.

All of our potential issues relates to not being both good recruiting the portal and high school. You must be good at high school recruiting to fill both present and future issues. The hope is you can keep your high school recruits for 4 years. You recruit the portal for immediate fixes, experience, upgrades and gaping holes. Usually portal upgrades are only good for a year or two.

Many have said that lack of NIL deals is the reason KJH has failed at high school recruiting, if that is really true then we LV fans had better get ready for some lean years. By the way the upper status portal players are also looking for NIL deals.

Well we are talking about next year and who is good and who needs to be run out of town. Be careful what you wish for because things may be worse than you could imagine. With Texas and Oklahoma coming into the conference Tennessee’s reach for the top just got harder. To stay a top contender, I feel that we need to do some serious portal work. Presently on our roster we have nothing to replace Jackson, not even close. I really do not know if there is anyone presently in the portal with her skillset. If Key does not come back we are part of the way up Shitt Creek, without a paddle, at the post position.

All of our potential issues relates to not being both good recruiting the portal and high school. You must be good at high school recruiting to fill both present and future issues. The hope is you can keep your high school recruits for 4 years. You recruit the portal for immediate fixes, experience, upgrades and gaping holes. Usually portal upgrades are only good for a year or two.

Many have said that lack of NIL deals is the reason KJH has failed at high school recruiting, if that is really true then we LV fans had better get ready for some lean years. By the way the upper status portal players are also looking for NIL deals.
I think they willing to pay portal players the issue is finding someone that can at least do what kea did or multiple players that have potential to do it but save enough room just in case a high schooler wants to commit

She was the #47 recruit per Hoopgurlz last year. She could be a really good pickup. She's a 6'2" forward who averaged 5.1 points, 3.7 boards, shot 56% on 2s, 38% on 3s, and 73% on FTs in just 15 minutes per game as a freshman. Would have 3 years of eligibility.
I know it's too much to ask, but I was hoping we could get away from the 25-50ish end of the recruiting/portal pool. 47 is ok for a young player who can get better, but we need immediate help.

The numbers come out to 4.4 million now or 2.75 million April Ist. I still think she stays next season, but wow what a hot seat she will be living on if so. How is she going to turn this thing around next season to prevail going forward. I am still hoping for success while know what a huge task it will be. Portal be very kind to Tennessee.

BC the internet is relentlessly polarizing, I'm pushed way further onto the Kellie train than I ever intended to be just bc of the savageness with which people are 'preying on her downfall'. And the unfairness of some of the assessments. And the fact she's such a dang nice, caring person who has such a culture to be proud of.

I can see the direction and its down and I'm not ok with that. For sure all available career evidence says KJH will not be able to pull the wagon out of the ditch. I think unless the universe stops torturing KJH right now and starts rewarding her that next year is likely to be pretty bad, and definitely her last. But I also think 99% she'll be back this yr so let's get her some dang $$$ and see what happens.

Also, I think the next hire has to be picked out in advance, and be an absolute home run or don't bother.
This!!! ….and never make a change without a true home run hire or this will continue to spiral.

Reactions: VolFuture
The numbers come out to 4.4 million now or 2.75 million April Ist. I still think she stays next season, but wow what a hot seat she will be living on if so. How is she going to turn this thing around next season to prevail going forward. I am still hoping for success while know what a huge task it will be. Portal be very kind to Tennessee.
I think people are doubting our returners.. everyone so scared of OK.. where’s their top 49 girls… I’m praying and banking on our team’s development. Kellie does actually have a good rep there. She HAS to get it out of Jill and Sara

Last edited:
I think people are doubting our returners.. everyone so scared of OK.. where’s their top 49 girls… I’m praying and babnming on our team’s development. Kellie does actually have a good rep there. She HAS to get it out of Jill and Sara
I certainly doubt they can do enough to change the outlook on next season considering what the SEC is going to look like and games against Notre Dame and Florida State on the slate. We may be good enough to get the same result and that is not going to work for the longevity of our coach.

I certainly doubt they can do enough to change the outlook on next season considering what the SEC is going to look like and games against Notre Dame and Florida State on the slate. We may be good enough to get the same result and that is not going to work for the longevity of our coach.
I think we can do better

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Help me out here. One is an AA and SEC player of the year and the other is a sub/role player who average 6.9 ppg.

How are they the same?

Gainey is a tremendous player, IMO. Honestly, I think he's better than Vescovi now. Probably a starter next year and fills a role much like ZZ did the last 2 years. remember, this entire discussion goes back to this post...

We don’t need anymore mid major players we have that on our roster now!!

My position is that we absolutely should be recruiting out of the mid-major ranks because schools often don't get it right on the high school evaluations. We should be looking everywhere, power 5 portal, mid major portal, high school, and international. And I don't expect that we disagree on any of this.

VN Store

Back