2024 Transfer Portal

So he has no other role other than being a desirable player’s father?
Justin Gainey is the coach sir not Jordan. I will end this argument I said three or four days ago Kellie will get another year at least and if she wants Jon to stay I don't give a ****.

This Conversation is so old from both sides.

Justin Gainey is the coach sir not Jordan. I will end this argument I said three or four days ago Kellie will get another year at least and if she wants Jon to stay I don't give a ****.

Sorry dude. I get them confused. 😉

Reactions: knoxvol52
Or the Gainey father/son duo on the men's team?

Jordan Gainey, that's two on one team

Sorry dude. I get them confused. 😉

Help me out here. One is an AA an,d SEC player of the year and the other is a sub/role player who average 6.9 ppg.

How are they the same?
I'm so confused! I get them confused too which is why I never mentioned the first names. And WTF does it matter? The point was it's clear nepotism for a father to coach his son, wonderful as it's been. Why is Jon worse. That was the original question lol.

There are several father son combos across MBB just like wife/hubby coaching combos in WBB. Not sure why one of them is so much worse.

I'll bet KY. Because the universe will apparently NEVER be done with Kellie Harper.

Also bc I'm not sure how well she'd do in the WNBA.

I doubt it. Kentucky is a total rebuild. It's the SEC. Even if Brooks takes every player with eligibility with him, Kentucky is going to have a rough 2024-25 season. Unless Amoore gets a boatload of NIL money from the Wildcats, it would make little sense for her to go to Kentucky for her last year of eligibility. Her best course would be to grab the best NIL deal on a top program (for both success and visibility) or to go play professionally in Europe (and the W since as a foreign national she would not be bound by the Prioritization rule).

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I doubt it. Kentucky is a total rebuild. It's the SEC. Even if Brooks takes every player with eligibility with him, Kentucky is going to have a rough 2024-25 season. Unless Amoore gets a boatload of NIL money from the Wildcats, it would make little sense for her to go to Kentucky for her last year of eligibility. Her best course would be to grab the best NIL deal on a top program (for both success and visibility) or to go play professionally in Europe (and the W since as a foreign national she would not be bound by the Prioritization rule).
A Moore is not eligible for NIL money, she is an inter player. She is from Australia

I'll bet KY. Because the universe will apparently NEVER be done with Kellie Harper.

Also bc I'm not sure how well she'd do in the WNBA.
More than likely Kentucky bc she want to play in the olympics got an invite to the Aussie team.. can’t really do that as a rook with a w team

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This may be wishful thinking on my part but I have a few questions about Brooks. Was everyone at VT sorry to see him go? Seems he was a part of some locker room drama. Absolutely could have just been parents overreacting.
Was he worried about his team next year? Graduation and transfers out? Did he get out when the getting was good?
I’m not as worried about him as some are.

This may be wishful thinking on my part but I have a few questions about Brooks. Was everyone at VT sorry to see him go? Seems he was a part of some locker room drama. Absolutely could have just been parents overreacting.
Was he worried about his team next year? Graduation and transfers out? Did he get out when the getting was good?
I’m not as worried about him as some are.
Check my non lady Vols news post

People like this is why everyone’s opinion doesn’t matter

Mea culpa.

The issue is apparently the limitation imposed by the F-1 (student athlete) visa that the overwhelming majority of foreign players use to play in the States.

Interestingly, as a 5th year senior, Amoore would not have to worry about being denied a renewal of her F-1 visa for violation of visa rules. There is also anecdotal evidence that some universities have promised foreign student athletes a chance to participate in NIL activities with little regard to potential visa violations.

Mea culpa.

The issue is apparently the limitation imposed by the F-1 (student athlete) visa that the overwhelming majority of foreign players use to play in the States.

Interestingly, as a 5th year senior, Amoore would not have to worry about being denied a renewal of her F-1 visa for violation of visa rules. There is also anecdotal evidence that some universities have promised foreign student athletes a chance to participate in NIL activities with little regard to potential visa violations.
Hmmm..

Reactions: VolFuture
Mea culpa.

They can receive NIL. The nonsensical restriction is they cannot do work in the US. For example, Oscar at KY filmed his commercials and signings while in the Bahamas.

VN Store

Back