2024 Transfer Portal

I comprehend that you are not making clear sense of the posts. I gave an example of how a coach was fired based on an off based statement you made about a firing team of posters that quoted me, while implying that the AD has not spoke with the coach due to being unable to meet directly. After I have made clear I am neutral. But to say an AD that has built a strong reputation, established clear support from the entire fanbase, and leverage of the program would be restricted in any way they see fit to relieve a coach is just a childish thought.
Actually as someone who has done a lot of hiring and firing in my career, including flying to another state to relieve an employee in person. I can unequivocally state there is a right way and a wrong way to fire someone. Doing that any way other than face to face is cowardly and completely unprofessional.
I believe you are making some very poor assumptions based on my posting name. You might want to recalibrate those assumptions before you throw “childish” around again.

WBB is rolling right now. I did not have NC State advancing to the Elite 8. This is why I believe so much in what Tennessee has in super athletic guards Talaysia Cooper and Kaniya Boyd changing the identity of the team this upcoming season on the perimeter. That is the missing piece.
Well the piece they'll miss next year will be in the WNBA

Actually as someone who has done a lot of hiring and firing in my career, including flying to another state to relieve an employee in person. I can unequivocally state there is a right way and a wrong way to fire someone. Doing that any way other than face to face is cowardly and completely unprofessional.
I believe you are making some very poor assumptions based on my posting name. You might want to recalibrate those assumptions before you throw “childish” around again
For that poster to bring up Coach Ard, in the same breath as TN’s AD evaluation of this year’s women’s’ basketball, is utterly ridiculous, and he did it to try and cast Coach Kellie in the same light.

Ard was Utah State's women's basketball coach for four seasons and brought the team to a 24-90 record, including a 10-62 mark in Mountain West play. The Aggies went 5-25 overall and 2-16 in conference play in 2023-24 before falling in the conference tournament.

And btw, NC ST, after a very close game with TN, just beat Stanford.

We’re competing against top teams, and we are close (we proved that against SC).

For that poster to bring up Coach Ard, in the same breath as TN’s AD evaluation of this year’s women’s’ basketball, is utterly ridiculous, and he did it to try and cast Coach Kellie in the same light.

Ard was Utah State's women's basketball coach for four seasons and brought the team to a 24-90 record, including a 10-62 mark in Mountain West play. The Aggies went 5-25 overall and 2-16 in conference play in 2023-24 before falling in the conference tournament.

And btw, NC ST, after a very close game with TN, just beat Stanford.

We’re competing against top teams, and we are close (we proved that against SC).
So close 😭 like 1 thing

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Yes, NIL is the problem and it's about to be addressed.

I made a decision to mostly stay out of this discussion. I am neutral. I can speak from a perspective of working in the field of education and coaching for several years as a now licensed administrator. There is a high possibility of a thorough end of the year evaluation of the WBB program being conducted. A formal meeting either has taken place or will at any moment. The AD will address the season performance in house and present a list of recommendations if no change is coming. I will admit the silence is uncommon territory since I have watched Tennessee. It could be the TN athletic administration not being completely pleased with the perception of NIL or the lack thereof for women’s basketball. I do not buy that NIL is the main factor to signing portal or high school players. Rickea, Jewel, Talaysia Cooper, Kaniya Boyd, Tamari and future commits Finley and Nyla had offers from other universities that would have just outbid Tennessee if that is the case. They did not sign or will remain commited for free. I also think recruiting is not the main issue to people with knowledge of the program from the inside. Being in the field of education I know that a program like Tennessee recruits itself and we have to be honest with ourselves to get past this assumption that NIL now or in the future is why a program like Tennessee fell short of winning another championship.

Watching the Tennessee men’s basketball team advance to the Elite 8 has made me down right ecstatic! This is what I have said for some time now and with the two signings of the future in Kaniya Boyd and Talaysia Cooper the women’s team has super athletic guards. When I watch Zeigler play and go watch Kaniya game film I see a competitor that brings the energy. Heavily recruited by major D1 schools in the PAC-12, ACC, and SEC! Tennessee fans say we need to find a Dalton Knecht. Knecht is an elite athlete. His closest comparison to that on the women’s team is Talaysia Cooper. An elite athlete. Rickea Jackson is an elite basketball player. But you take Knecht and I bet if he trained at baseball, track, or even volleyball he could excel. Same thing with Talaysia Cooper. If she trained at softball, track, or volleyball this is an athlete that would excel. As a coach, a great coach takes an elite talent and puts them in the position to thrive. I can not wait for the upcoming season. Build around the core and the women’s team will be back playing in the Elite 8 and Final 4. The Tennessee Volunteers are heading to Detroit Michigan to take on Purdue!

Reactions: PRG and ATLVOLFAN01
Good lord! That was the point of your whole first paragraph!
I know we have posters who struggle with reading comprehension but they normally have a grasp on what they typed!
Also, the AD who fired that coach before the press conference should be gone as well. Talk about unprofessional!!
VXX?

not vxx or Darth

think "Stand on Business" / winnercircle / and at least 2 or 3 other burned accounts

You saw where she is visiting?
There’s others but I’m not pulling all the leg work for people I really don’t like… April fools looks to be a silly goofy day

Other sites are talking. Visits are being set. I expect some by then. There are methods to see interest obviously

Reactions: Lucy

VN Store

Back