2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there proof of confirmation that Dwyer is visiting next week? The tweet Maria put up earlier in the week has been taken down.
Dwyer is confirmed for May 3, I think. I’ll try to find the link on that.

***Edited: My later post shows screenshots that the original tweet by Maria announcing her visit has been taken down.***

Last edited:
View attachment 635498
Team and Coach having fun at the softball when. Latham looks like she’s having a doo time on the end there.

Is that Cooper next to her? I’m trying to figure out who that is lol.

Looks likes....L to R..

Ace Strickland, Destiny Wells, Edie Darby, Jewel Spear, Talaysia Cooper (I think), and I can't figure out who's in the pink.. Maybe Latham who's on visit

Is there proof of confirmation that Dwyer is visiting next week? The tweet Maria put up earlier in the week has been taken down.
You are correct, ttharp. I had taken a screenshot from Maria’s Twitter feed when it was first announced earlier this week and sent it to a friend of mine. And now you can see on one of the screenshots below that it says it has been deleted. Interesting.

Attachments

• IMG_6615.png
    IMG_6615.png
    325.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6616.png
    IMG_6616.png
    304.3 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: ttharp
I don't think you are really getting the team dynamics of the Lady Vols. There is a difference between people getting honest feedback about how the coach views their individual role and goals, but all of our current players would likely be used in a system that requires heavy rotation. Even if we get 4 or 5 portal players, we could still use all of our remaining players to fill out the team. The one positive thing about Kellie that almost everyone agreed about was that her teams were like a close knit family. I can't imagine our new Kelly waltzing in and telling anyone to hit the portal door unless there were any behavior issues, which is hard to even fathom with Karo. If she had, she would quickly be on the wrong footing with the other players. This would not be a good start of her tenure here. She is smarter than that.
I wasn’t talking about the Lady Vols…. Just whether coaches could make players go to the portal….

As for the Lady Vols….. the right thing to do is to be honest with them… If the don’t fit with what your team needs then you need to tell them that it is best that they find another team that can utilize them. Use your connections as a coach to help that player find a new home. It is worse, imo… to keep a player that is just going to be sitting on the bench. My comments have nothing to do with Karoline and I wish her the best.

Reactions: Lucy and Deebowbear
The person you dog every single time you post.
I am 100% behind our new coach but you few who continue to pile on Kellie at every opportunity should realize that not everyone hates Kellie and your continued nastiness does not help CKC at all. If anything it makes folks who supported Kellie a little more resentful of CKC every time you pop off. So go ahead but your schtick is old already. Hopefully CKC is classier than some of her most ardent supporters on here.
Speaking of pop off. You sure you 100% support her? Got her again

1713614994479.jpeg

The coaches job is on the line, so if u go to a new team that u didn’t put together, it’s up to you to build the roster in your likeness, players can move on and somewhere else. But feelings have to be left out of it because the coach is the one that will be fired for not winning.
Understood, but this mentality ignores the human part of the relationship and if you look at the first clip when she met with the team, CKC was ALL ABOUT supporting them in all aspects of their life. Was the truth that she will only support them if they can make her successful?

The players left on the roster are D1 players. They may not all fit her preferred style of play, but they can play basketball and there is no guarantee she will be able to secure replacements that can.

We sometimes forget these players are young adults still learning how to make their way in this world.

Understood, but this mentality ignores the human part of the relationship and if you look at the first clip when she met with the team, CKC was ALL ABOUT supporting them in all aspects of their life. Was the truth that she will only support them if they can make her successful?

The players left on the roster are D1 players. They may not all fit her preferred style of play, but they can play basketball and there is no guarantee she will be able to secure replacements that can.

We sometimes forget these players are young adults still learning how to make their way in this world.

Supporting someone doesn’t always mean brining them along with you. Sometimes the best thing you can do for someone is to support them in moving on to something that suits their skillset, personality and lifestyle better.

This is true in sports and in the professional, working world. I’ve had some great employees in the past who were wonderful people but were not right for my business or the role they were in. The best scenario for them was me supporting them in finding a better fit elsewhere. Guess what? We’re friends, I’d still do anything for them and they know that, their lives are better for having gone separate ways.

As a leader if you can tell someone isn’t cut out for the role they are in it is YOUR responsibility to manage that. You don’t just let them hang out and flounder because you’re afraid to have a tough conversation.

Yes, I can recall Pat telling her team to keep them out of the middle of the floor.

Still makes me wanna run through a wall.

Man that was exhilarating...gave the team [and me 😆 🤣] incredible strength and belief in words...ALL of the coaches had know-how...I hope we have something close to that in this new staff...[from watching so many different video clips and posts on this new staff] I THINK WE MAY 😃 GBO! LVFL 🧡💙🧡

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back