2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked at the stats and some video and Latham, Spearman and King all look like the would be very good gets. Most especially King. Good combo w King having only one year but the others two yrs. Latham and Spearman would both really need to work on ft shooting.

One of Latham or Spearman, King and Nye would be an awesome haul.

Not sold on Dwyer. Not an upgrade over Wells even w the little we know about Wells fm last yr. Much rather have McQueen, though not that high on her. IMO portal pg still TBD.

Out of all of them I’m least interested in King. She’d be a nice addition, sure, but I’m dubious of any 6’ forward with no 3 point shot.

Dazzleme, the video was “unavailable,” but it’s probably just as well. The way I am right now I could easily see myself spiraling into an obsession with watching Spearman videos and then beginning to do all my old rituals I used to do 25 years ago when I wanted something to happen really badly. 😂🤣

Good grief. That’s a player right there!
Do those rituals over King and Nye. Those are ones IMO. Spearman would be a nice young post for us though.

Out of all of them I’m least interested in King. She’d be a nice addition, sure, but I’m dubious of any 6’ forward with no 3 point shot.
King avg a double double 18/10 on 50% shooting. Lack of 3 pt shooting might be a detriment in the "system" (which I'm already sick of hearing about) but she's a proven scorer. We have to have that. Not wild about her just having one yr, but would take that for a scorer fm that position. If a better scorer shows interest I'd be good with that instead though.

What are the scholarship rules for SEC schools.
I know if a player enters the portal, then the school doesn’t have to take them back. That implies to me that as long as the player DOES NOT enter the portal, their scholarship will continue (unless they have some kind of school infraction).
I don’t know, it’s not clear to me.

What are the scholarship rules for SEC schools.
I know if a player enters the portal, then the school doesn’t have to take them back. That implies to me that as long as the player DOES NOT enter the portal, their scholarship will continue (unless they have some kind of school infraction).
I don’t know, it’s not clear to me.
According to the linked article, they can't actually pull the schollie but will tell you straight up you're not going to play and if you still choose to stay can make you wish you hadn't. Most would choose to move on.

As far as current roster, Tess announced she was staying after CKC was hired. Meaning the new coach approved her staying. If Tess is staying with coach's blessing, I can't imagine Sara doesn't also have the green light to stay. Some of ya'll are going to be disappointed that the current roster doesn't flip more than you wanted.

As far as current roster, Tess announced she was staying after CKC was hired. Meaning the new coach approved her staying. If Tess is staying with coach's blessing, I can't imagine Sara doesn't also have the green light to stay. Some of ya'll are going to be disappointed that the current roster doesn't flip more than you wanted.
At first I only wanted to keep 3-4 players, it after thinking some more about it, I think having a total of 4 transfers out would be ok as long as we replace them with better players

First part is true.

The article said “players are being asked.”

His statement said coaches said “you can definitely make a player…”

So once again, it’s not true. And regardless of what we don’t know, we do not have any commitments so she left willingly.

The article said “players are being asked.”

His statement said coaches said “you can definitely make a player…”

So once again, it’s not true. And regardless of what we don’t know, we do not have any commitments so she left willingly.
I guess I can tell them u don’t have a place for them on the team, and they can just stay at the school and attend classes.

Second part is true. First part is not true.
It’s been going on in football and men’s basketball for years…I’m not saying we did this in Karoline’s case or any of our other players… The coach will meet with the player…. tell her that she doesn’t fit into our players and she needs to transfer…. Usually… the coach will help the player find a new home.

I guess I can tell them u don’t have a place for them on the team, and they can just stay at the school and attend classes.
Yes, and receive their scholarship and any NIL they may already have. Why she left, who knows. But I just want to make sure ignorant people have the facts of what can be done and not spread disinformation.

It’s been going on in football and men’s basketball for years…I’m not saying we did this in Karoline’s case or any of our other players… The coach will meet with the player…. tell her that she doesn’t fit into our players and she needs to transfer…. Usually… the coach will help the player find a new home.
Deion Sanders did it to most of the Colorado football team last year, and said he wished he could have brought in enough good players to do it to more of them. It's part of the professionalization of college sports. The flip side of being paid.

But as you said, we don't know this is the case with Strip.

Stick your head further in the sand. It’s not 2005 anymore.
I’m not saying that conversations can’t be had. But you’re wrong that a player can be made to go into the portal and it’s fine if you don’t want to admit it.

Regardless, Karoline will be fine and I wish her the best of luck.

I’m not saying that conversations can’t be had. But you’re wrong that a player can be made to go into the portal and it’s fine if you don’t want to admit it.

Regardless, Karoline will be fine and I wish her the best of luck.

You said it’s against the rules to tell a player to transfer. That is not the case. It is against the rules to pull a scholarship for play or injury related reasons.

Karoline was almost certainly told they would not guarantee her any minutes and would be actively recruiting for her position. Based on the visits scheduled, that’s why she’s in the portal.

If it was 100% her choice she would have entered the portal when Kellie was fired. Why stick around this long if you know you don’t want to play at Tennessee anymore?

You said it’s against the rules to tell a player to transfer. That is not the case. It is against the rules to pull a scholarship for play or injury related reasons.

Karoline was almost certainly told they would not guarantee her any minutes and would be actively recruiting for her position. Based on the visits scheduled, that’s why she’s in the portal.
Can you please show me where I said it’s against the rules to tell a player to transfer? I never said that. You can’t make a player go into the portal. How is that so hard to understand?

1713569868838.png
Team and Coach having fun at the softball when. Latham looks like she’s having a doo time on the end there.

Is that Cooper next to her? I’m trying to figure out who that is lol.

Can you please show me where I said it’s against the rules to tell a player to transfer? I never said that. You can’t make a player go into the portal. How is that so hard to understand?
I know because no one can make a player go into the portal. She did it willingly. And while yes we could have some verbals already, I’m assuming not at the post position that would affect her. She’ll go to a good program.

You also have no idea she did it willingly.

It’s a given on VN, I’m not seeing how Kentucky is building a strong team. Virginia Tech looked solid at best under Brooks. Nothing special last season and that was before the injury to their center. Tennessee hired who is best for Tennessee. Kentucky hired who is best for Kentucky. When Tennessee roster is finalized and Kentucky roster is finalized I’m confident even the most consistent exaggerations won’t be backed by facts that Kentucky is so much better off than Tennessee.

In the meantime, I’m sure Jewel Spear looks forward to facing the VT system.

GBO🍊 last time she dropped 27!

Last edited:
Reactions: dazzleme
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back