2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Lanier will be the best scoring threat on the Vols team next year if we can get him. He will be very hard to guard! jmo
What I meant is that our position in need right now is at the 3/4. Boswell could handle Lanier duties if we miss out. Plus I think we have another guard we are looking at. We are putting all our eggs into Tyson/Milicic

What I meant is that our position in need right now is at the 3/4. Boswell could handle Lanier duties if we miss out. Plus I think we have another guard we are looking at. We are putting all our eggs into Tyson/Milicic
Um…Boswell might redshirt. We have Mashack at the 3, who will likely start regardless of who else we get. We have Dubar at the 4 if we get no one else. But if we get no one else, Gainey is the 2.

So not only is Lanier the best player of the guys we’re still trying to get, but he’s also at the greatest position of need. Your post makes zero sense on multiple levels.

Lanier is priority number 1. Lanier is going to play the same role DK played on offense last year.

Lanier is obviously more of a creator who hits contested 3s, but can get to the bucket and finish. Contrast his highlights with those of Dubar, whose highlights consist of mostly uncontested 3s. There’s a place for that as the 4 in Tennessee’s offense (think about how many open 3s JJJ ended up with), but we need a guy like Lanier who can create on his own. Also looks like a good ball handler and passer.

Lanier is obviously more of a creator who hits contested 3s, but can get to the bucket and finish. Contrast his highlights with those of Dubar, whose highlights consist of mostly uncontested 3s. There’s a place for that as the 4 in Tennessee’s offense (think about how many open 3s JJJ ended up with), but we need a guy like Lanier who can create on his own. Also looks like a good ball handler and passer.
💯 We absolutely need his shot creation and his ability to help Zeigler out in a way that the other guys aren't able to as efficiently right now. Lanier would be our portal prize

Pope doing a decent job in the portal

Butler and Williams, not shabby.

They are about to get that Jaxson Robinson kid that played at BYU (6th man of the year and projected draft pick) at the wing position.

Reactions: ChezVols
Pope doing a decent job in the portal

Butler and Williams, not shabby.

They are about to get that Jaxson Robinson kid that played at BYU (6th man of the year and projected draft pick) at the wing position.
I’ll wait to judge but I feel like he’s been below expected so far…missed on some portal guys, and even had some BYU guys elect to either return or go elsewhere rather than follow him to UK.

VN Store

Back