2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Man it's looking like we're gonna have a ton of scoring next year. Probably not gonna have to rely on one guy. This is a preseason top 5 team if we add Milicic, Lanier and/or Tyson and one that could stay there all season! Gimme a breakout season from Carr and JPE as well and oh my....
Finally

I’m not sure where we are with him either TBH

It would be odd if he ends up losing his spot at both UNC and TN for waiting too long to jump in the boat. I hate to speculate but this is a message board, so just feels like he may be over playing his hand with two good options and may end up somewhere he didn’t want as badly when all said and done.

The more I think about it, the more I want Anderson.

If we finish with Igor, Okpara, Lanier, and Dubar then I’m fine with passing on Cade and taking Anderson, just because after last year I feel like someone may transfer out like Ledlum did, guess it’s the scared vol syndrome in me, but if that happens, that’s just more minutes for the younger guys like Carr, JP and perhaps Anderson.

It would be odd if he ends up losing his spot at both UNC and TN for waiting too long to jump in the boat. I hate to speculate but this is a message board, so just feels like he may be over playing his hand with two good options and may end up somewhere he didn’t want as badly when all said and done.
Surely he wouldn’t be that dumb. But, you can always overplay your hand. See Scott Boras this winter.

Reactions: Just a VolinTears
Just trying to start a bidding war for more money, jmo

The more I think about it, the more I want Anderson.

If we finish with Igor, Okpara, Lanier, and Dubar then I’m fine with passing on Cade and taking Anderson, just because after last year I feel like someone may transfer out like Ledlum did, guess it’s the scared vol syndrome in me, but if that happens, that’s just more minutes for the younger guys like Carr, JP and perhaps Anderson.
I’m sure you will have talked yourself into someone new by tomorrow.

Couldn’t screenshot it all.

“Chaz Lanier has an awesome story. 5’6 at the beginning of high school, had to work his way up from the freshman team to JV, then Varsity. Didn’t play AAU. Held two D1 offers—North Florida and Campbell.

Heads to North Florida, admits he wasn’t ready to play as a freshman, “picked up a little more” as a sophomore, played behind three all-league guys as a junior — saying “I was a role player, play good defense and make 3s. I think I did a good job at that.”

Senior Year: “One of the key guys graduated and two others transferred, so that spot to be the guy opened up. I was ready for it. I stayed down for it. I worked and the opportunity presented itself. And I took full advantage of it.”

Scored 19.6 PPG on 44% 3PT, making history as the Atlantic Sun’s first player to ever finish a season on 50/40/90 splits with over 100 FGM and 50 3PM.

"The main thing for me throughout the process was — stay down and stay ready, because I knew my time was going to come."

Now he’s rightfully going through the NBA Draft process and the most coveted guard in the transfer portal. A rare testament of hard work + patience.”

ZZ
Lanier
Mashack
Igor
Felix

LOVE that starting 5. Great mix of athleticism, shooting, ball handling, defense, rebounding, and rim protection. Covers all bases imo. Especially if Mashack takes a step offensively. He can be a playmaker imo.

Gainey
Carr
Dubar
Estrella
Phillips

DEEP bench with plenty of emphasis on shooting and an offensive punch coming into the game. And Carr has the potential to be a really good defender as well imo.

If we get Tyson that’s icing on the cake, but don’t really need anybody else imo.

ZZ
Lanier
Mashack
Igor
Felix

LOVE that starting 5. Great mix of athleticism, shooting, ball handling, defense, rebounding, and rim protection. Covers all bases imo. Especially if Mashack takes a step offensively. He can be a playmaker imo.

Gainey
Carr
Dubar
Estrella
Phillips

DEEP bench with plenty of emphasis on shooting and an offensive punch coming into the game. And Carr has the potential to be a really good defender as well imo.

If we get Tyson that’s icing on the cake, but don’t really need anybody else imo.
I’d actually move on from Tyson if reports of his NIL demands are true. If he’s upping his price and not being rational, let him go. JMO, and I know it’s not a popular one, I’m sure.

VN Store

Back