2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Yeah it seems like an awkward walk back, especially since there were some people saying he had signed his NIL deal earlier this week. Sounds like that may be the UNC writers logical leap if he is cooling on them.
I am without a clue. but hope when his negotiations are done, that he factors in the TOTAL money he can earn, and for sure factors in the contract DK is about to sign compared to any projections the day he signed with Barnes. Can he project a higher volume of shots here vs UNC or elsewhere....... For sure he can see Barnes willing to greenlight volume 3 point guys. As a Vol from birth, and a Belmont alum (needed to leave town after HS and selected a NAIA school with no football to avoid moral conflicts with full UT radio and replay coverage) if he is leaving there that he would sign on here.

Smells like copium

Sheesh. Come on man you played at Belmont and are a solid portal addition but not one of the best of the best. Don’t do this.

EDIT: on 2nd thought maybe this is just copium from UNC

Copium? At first I thought this was supposed to be like a chemical symbol, which as a chemist, I was excited about. But, having looked it up, looks like it’s a combo of cope and opium, which is also pretty fun!

I mean I don't know Awaka personally or anything, but I feel it's less about $ or playing time. More about location, of course if he ends up in Arizona or somewhere else he'll prove my theory completely wrong...
Yeah I think he’s homesick. I think he ends up at a Big East school.

Reactions: BristolVol
Fwiw not sure I buy that, no pun intended. I was told very early on that NIL wasn’t at all a factor in the pitches with the family, they knew the numbers and market and that both schools were in the same area, so it would be about other things and not money. Maybe that’s changed but I don’t think so. With that said, seeing the UNC mods start to walk things back is definitely interesting.
I agree with this. He seems to come from a good family. I think there’s more to his decision than we think. Girlfriend? friends? , etc.. would be closer if he went to TN.. but maybe his Dream school was UNC with opportunities to play against Duke. I think with TN he will blossom and get better as a guy they rely on. At UNC he might just be a role player type. Big Decisions if all of that is true.

I agree with this. He seems to come from a good family. I think there’s more to his decision than we think. Girlfriend? friends? , etc.. would be closer if he went to TN.. but maybe his Dream school was UNC with opportunities to play against Duke. I think with TN he will blossom and get better as a guy they rely on. At UNC he might just be a role player type. Big Decisions if all of that is true.
Also has to weigh that he'd be around people who sniff their own farts at UNC.

Mashacks mom told me it was more of an issue with playing time. She said it's deff not as much about location
Yep, I can believe that. Tobe had success with U19 USA team last summer and knew he had improved but that didn't translate to considerably more time on the floor last year. I'm a big fan of his and think there were many games he could have gotten more minutes, certainly the 18 games he had 2 fouls or fewer when time ran out. 10.3 minutes per game his frosh year compared to 13.1 minutes his sophomore year. Not a big jump.

Wish him well wherever he ends up. He was a favorite of mine.

True. I mean Alabama still had to beat their 1-seed to advance though.
They did. That was the only ranked team they had to beat. RJ Davis played abysmal and UNC made a lot of choke plays down the stretch, including Bacot bricking a dunk. Alabama got very lucky.

Hell, they probably lose to any other team in the tournament in the 2nd round, but Grand Canyon was awful. Tennessee is easily in the Final 4 with that road, assuming UNC plays the way they played against Alabama.

They did. That was the only ranked team they had to beat. RJ Davis played abysmal and UNC made a lot of choke plays down the stretch, including Bacot bricking a dunk. Alabama got very lucky.

Hell, they probably lose to any other team in the tournament in the 2nd round, but Grand Canyon was awful. Tennessee is easily in the Final 4 with that road, assuming UNC plays the way they played against Alabama.

Yep.

It’s all about match ups.

Man it's looking like we're gonna have a ton of scoring next year. Probably not gonna have to rely on one guy. This is a preseason top 5 team if we add Milicic, Lanier and/or Tyson and one that could stay there all season! Gimme a breakout season from Carr and JPE as well and oh my....

VN Store

Back