2024 Transfer Portal Thread

He’s predicting for now that they both return since they are both listed on the projected roster. Unfortunately, that seems like a reasonable possibility. But, all of these early ranking predictions are silly in the portal era seeing as the entire team could change without notice.
Sears is a PG and they just got Holloway. Seems like they may be thinking he’s gone. I think The Moving Screen will be back.

Noticed that Stojakovic's son is down to 3 with UNC as a choice. You'd have to think that spot would go to him or Tyson. Could work out in our favor.

Noticed that Stojakovic's son is down to 3 with UNC as a choice. You'd have to think that spot would go to him or Tyson. Could work out in our favor.
So here we are with 4 scholarships left and all indications are that it's just a matter of time before Igor gets his International paperwork done and signs. So that leaves us with 3 scholarships left. All indications are that Lanier is leaning toward Tennessee as well. So, now we have two scolly's left. Who do you think they are going to? Tyson? Anderson? Mabor? Any predictions?

So here we are with 4 scholarships left and all indications are that it's just a matter of time before Igor gets his International paperwork done and signs. So that leaves us with 3 scholarships left. All indications are that Lanier is leaning toward Tennessee as well. So, now we have two scolly's left. Who do you think they are going to? Tyson? Anderson? Mabor? Any predictions?
Mabor and one of Tyson or Anderson. Probably Anderson.

Reactions: b_gann
I got a feeling Cade may be going back to the drawing board if he doesn't hurry up.
Sometimes in negotiations you can price yourself out of a deal. Cade may wait until there are no openings at UT or UNC. He may have to settle somewhere that he's not interested in. Greed doesn't look good on most people.

I got a feeling Cade may be going back to the drawing board if he doesn't hurry up.
Some of these kids are going to outsmart themselves and hurt their careers.

That's not a new thing, it's happened with school choices for eons, but now kids have more opportunities to screw things up.

I don't object to the ability to transfer, but anyone who believes this is solely helping the kids better themselves is missing the reality that some kids will position/posture/negotiate themselves right out of a playing career. There are too many others competing with them. Very few players in any sport bring irreplaceable skills to the table.

Sometimes in negotiations you can price yourself out of a deal. Cade may wait until there are no openings at UT or UNC. He may have to settle somewhere that he's not interested in. Greed doesn't look good on most people.
I have no idea Cade's situation, but so many of these kids don't have grounded, stable parents or parental figures to help them make these decisions. Bad advice/direction/representation can ruin a career.

Reactions: LaagerVol
Fwiw not sure I buy that, no pun intended. I was told very early on that NIL wasn’t at all a factor in the pitches with the family, they knew the numbers and market and that both schools were in the same area, so it would be about other things and not money. Maybe that’s changed but I don’t think so. With that said, seeing the UNC mods start to walk things back is definitely interesting.

VN Store

Back