2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Guys get Anderson out of your head Lol. Sorry but he isn’t a take at Tennessee. He doesn’t meet the standard in too many areas of his game. As a 6’9” 190 pound guard he doesn’t rebound, play defense, or handle the ball well enough to play for Barnes.

Basically all of your posts since you joined have been dogging Anderson.

I'm thinking he's slept with your girl and took her at this point.

He progressed year 1 to year 2, I think his ceiling could absolutely be a 12/10 guy who blocks 3.5 shots a game and is SEC DPOY. Now I’m not saying that’s the expectation, but he’s got an incredibly high ceiling imo.
I agree, particularly with how the roster is (seemingly) shaking out right now he might be the perfect center to pick up some defensive and rebounding slack and any offense could be considered a bonus.

Aidoo only averaged 5.1 PPG, 4.9 RPG on 50% FG percentage as a sophomore before having a breakout Junior year.

Okpara averaged 6.6 PPG, 6 RPG on 58% FG percentage as a sophomore.

Okpara could make the same strides as Aidoo going into his Junior year at TN, especially if we can utilize him inside. Given the offensive firepower CRB is planning to bring in, I doubt he’ll put up the same offensive numbers as Aidoo this season but will be able to protect the rim, rebound and give us additional possessions.
If his only contributions on offense are burying his guy under the rim then taking an entry pass for a completed bunny, offensive rebounds for bunnies, and bunnies off the puck and roll with ZZZ, then I’ll be happy!

I'll just say this, Dubar is an upgrade to JJJ. Felix is an upgrade to Aidoo and/or Awaka.

Simply because they are here and the other players are not.

We should all want transfers to exceed previous players output, that's how an Elite Eight team becomes a Final Four one. Be excited for the potential we know we have great coaches for developing guys and we know our S&C program is elite. Every player that we bring in should be able to become a better player by being here.
I know many are riding the portal high at the moment, but we were a top 5 team last year and our core guys were quality who won’t easily be replaced IMO. I’ll be shocked if Dunbar is an overall upgrade to JJJ and I’ll also be surprised if FO is a n even wash with Aidoo. Just hoping Estrella can improve to Awaka’s level to replace that lost production.

That’s one way to read that. Another is to say he’s incredibly limited offensively. I’m not trying to neg Okpara, I’m just saying you can be happy about him without saying he’s better than Aidoo, because he’s simply not at this stage.
If he’s physically better than Aidoo, then he’s an upgrade. Aidoo wasn’t giving us many points late in the season and Awaka couldn’t stay on the court. Estrella/Okpara will be good enough even if neither of them is a main scoring option. Need clean-up baskets and alley oops without getting knocked to the floor.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
I agree, particularly with how the roster is (seemingly) shaking out right now he might be the perfect center to pick up some defensive and rebounding slack and any offense could be considered a bonus.
Who was the last player in the SEC to average 3.5 blocks per game?

Lanier or someone authorized on his behalf can contact as many teams as he wishes, even supposing do-not-contact status, and give or previously have given them permission to contact him. It simply means that no one is to contact him without his permission. I figure most people know that. I'm just adding it for any who may not know that DNC status in itself doesn't mean he is not talking to any other teams. Not to say that he is.

Last edited:
Lanier or someone authorized on his behalf can contact as many teams as he wishes, even supposing do-not-contact status, and give or previously have given them permission to contact him. It simply means that no one is to contact him without his permission. I figure most people know that. I'm just adding it for any who may not know that DNC status in itself doesn't mean he is not talking to any other teams. Not to say that he is.
You think Rick Patino wouldn’t contact someone in the portal if they had a DNC tag? I don’t think that designation means anything.

VN Store

Back