Per 100 possessions

Awaka > pts
Awaka > rbs
Awaka > fg%
Awaka > ft%
Awaka > Orat
Awaka > Drat
Okpara > blks

Okpara has him in one relevant category.
Awaka: 15 / 14
60%
0.9 steals
2.0 blocks
Fouls: 7.7
18 USG%

Okpara: 10 / 11
58%
0.8 steals
4.0 blocks
Fouls: 5.3
12 USG%

Like I said one is better offensively and one is better defensively.

I’d be curious to see what Felix’s numbers would be if his USG% was the same as Awaka’s, offense wise.

Rebounding is more equal than we like to argue. OSU, starter wise across the board averaged more than we did. Their PG, SG, PF, and Okpara averaged 5+ where as ours, averaged like 2/4/3/7/7.

So I think they are actually pretty even. Would you rather have a scorer or a rim protector. Because I’d say rebounding they are pretty equal. They you decide if you want someone that’s 6’8 or 6’11

Another interesting stat here on post-ups..

Okpara - 0.65 points per post-up
Awaka - 1.12 points per post-up

Awaka is better than most people realize at posting up. We didn’t get it to him enough. I don’t think 98% of our fan base realizes how good Awaka could really be.

793F9A21-6300-4CDC-8A95-ABD19A620836.jpeg

2C32D6DB-2CBB-4B15-9D04-73EE59D58A63.jpeg

I am new in here so I can see why they giving me a hard time... So I get it being a new voice coming in... But it does seem like he thrive off others being wrong like there's something for him to gain off that ish
This stuff is ever changing and often times by the minute, it’s why I try to avoid speaking in absolutes. It’s why I pointed it out when you made your post about us definitively taking 2 transfers being Lanier and Thomas (I think is who you said) and then taking 2 HS guys as well as being sometime set in stone…nothing is set in stone in this era.

Another interesting stat here on post-ups..

Okpara - 0.65 points per post-up
Awaka - 1.12 points per post-up

Awaka is better than most people realize at posting up. We didn’t get it to him enough. I don’t think 98% of our fan base realizes how good Awaka could really be.

View attachment 635936

View attachment 635937

100% agree. He struggles with foul trouble. Maybe it can be coached out of him, maybe it can’t. I think it can, and if that is indeed the case, Awaka becomes a double-double machine.

Reactions: StPeteVFL
This stuff is ever changing and often times by the minute, it’s why I try to avoid speaking in absolutes. It’s why I pointed it out when you made your post about us definitively taking 2 transfers being Lanier and Thomas (I think is who you said) and then taking 2 HS guys as well as being sometime set in stone…nothing is set in stone in this era.
The two developmental player post came later on...the Thomas / Lanier post was before the whole Awaka/Aidoo drama. I first posted that to FB mid March I was set on thinking it was true... It's all going go work out tho ... The phones constantly ringing...not only the coaches but even the director of player personnel Brian Lentz helps out ... Lentz was the one who first hit Dubar & Okpara in fact... So yeah they have ppl putting in work to give the Vols the best chance at another great season. We are all good over here

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
The two developmental player post came later on...the Thomas / Lanier post was before the whole Awaka/Aidoo drama. I first posted that to FB mid March I was set on thinking it was true... It's all going go work out tho ... The phones constantly ringing...not only the coaches but even the director of player personnel Brian Lentz helps out ... Lentz was the one who first hit Dubar & Okpara in fact... So yeah they have ppl putting in work to give the Vols the best chance at another great season. We are all good over here
And yes those were different posts at different times, the 2 & 2 was a very recent post though, which with the Okpara news would seemingly be off the table most likely now. So another post in which the definitive language doesn’t work out, like the initial Lanier & Thomas post. Your info is good and appreciated, I just feel as though it would be much better served if it wasn’t in such a definitive, matter of fact manner.

As I’ve been saying for weeks patience and I’m confident it will all work out…but nobody knows how exactly it’ll play out, because even the coaches don’t know 100%.

Arkansas I wouldnt even be pissed because guy would be getting coached by Cal who basically should have been fired by UK and have to live in Arkansas. Have fun with that.

Oats is certainly solidifying his status as most hated coach in SEC. Getting Auburn starting pg and vols starting center? Just hope Aidoo goes to Baylor and gets his money.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Felix Okpara is going to visit TN on Tues. There are steps they have to go through before they can actually sign him but it’s a done deal!! Go VOLS 🍊

He's from Africa but he was adopted in TN by two parents who went to the University of Tennessee.
Fwiw those parents are sending a kid to Tennessee this fall as well

I am new in here so I can see why they giving me a hard time... So I get it being a new voice coming in... But it does seem like he thrive off others being wrong like there's something for him to gain off that ish
onfocusgovols keep bringing the info, I appreciate it. I believe I have been following your info regarding the portal the last few years through Facebook. I don't think there is a person on this forum that hasn't had a back and forth with bto at some point, that is just part of commenting on this forum.

Arkansas I wouldnt even be pissed because guy would be getting coached by Cal who basically should have been fired by UK and have to live in Arkansas. Have fun with that.

Oats is certainly solidifying his status as most hated coach in SEC. Getting Auburn starting pg and vols starting center? Just hope Aidoo goes to Baylor and gets his money.
Holloway wasn’t good…

So those schools have all visited the Tennessee Transfer Showroom and checked out the Jonas Aidoo Model 5? I'm sure one of them will make a fine purchase. (And if he goes to an SEC rival it will be totally ****** up.)

I see where Baylor has already visited the Duke Showroom and out-bribed (I'm sorry--outbid) other interested buyers for the the Jeremy Roach Model PG. They took the human item for a test drive and apparently made a substantial down payment. The Roach Model PG does not have heated sideview mirrors but the navigation system and responsive engine were said to be impressive. I'm sure the new owner will be very happy with his purchase.

Reactions: garyp194
I think Awaka is ready to make the offensive step next year that Aidoo made this past season--and it was a significant step. I don't think Awaka has the shooting touch that Aidoo has, but he's stronger and has definitely started to show that he can score from in the paint.

So those schools have all visited the Tennessee Transfer Showroom and checked out the Jonas Aidoo Model 5? I'm sure one of them will make a fine purchase. (And if he goes to an SEC rival it will be totally ****** up.)

I see where Baylor has already visited the Duke Showroom and out-bribed (I'm sorry--outbid) other interested buyers for the the Jeremy Roach Model PG. They took the human item for a test drive and apparently made a substantial down payment. The Roach Model PG does not have heated sideview mirrors but the navigation system and responsive engine were said to be impressive. I'm sure the new owner will be very happy with his purchase.

You’re taking the turbo screen name too seriously now

VN Store

Back