2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Things change as surely you know, just a week ago you joined the board telling us you have knowledge of who we’d add and claimed it would be Lanier & Thomas. Is that not the case anymore? If not then as I just said you clearly realize these things aren’t always concrete or definite, and can change very quickly.
Yes on April 4th this was my second Post in here... And I said this verbatim ---

"These two guys are ours to lose at the moment...both going through the NBA process but are both expected to return. Lanier + Thomas. Both are humble high quality character guys who interview extremely well .. Thomas is a much better defender and all around more versatile than Cade... Chaz Lanier..."

--- and you are correct things can change very quickly but I also still believe that they are "ours to lose" 👀

And I first posted about Chaz Lanier and St Thomas on March 22nd while we were still in March Madness, that was before I ever knew this group of existed... But I enjoy it here, but I never said 🍊🔒 I said "ours to lose" and in a way I still believe that statement... 😃

Still can’t shoot a 3 outside of Carlyle but him just chucking 3s like they’re telling him he can do isn’t going to be beneficial

Don’t need to shoot 3s. They are taking the Edey playbook. Feed it to Snorlax and watch him eat. If that doesn’t work, well feed it to Munchlax (Malik Reneau) down low as well.

Oh that’s not enough? Okay how about Slim Jim (Mgbako) coming at ya.

Edit: little cousin is over playing Pokémon lol

KOBY BREA

I’m a little hesitant on him. 81% of his shots come from 3 pt range. Only shot 16 free throw attempts all season. Strictly a 3 pt shooter which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, just not sure that we are in dire need of a one trick pony. Maybe he could
be a good piece to add if we fill our other needs first.

Reactions: CornbreadVol
Maybe one of the “bigger” names Goodman was referring to that’s expected to hit the portal in the coming days??

Attachments

• IMG_1818.png
    IMG_1818.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 117
I’m going to be honest, yall are free to disagree with me, my biggest want is Chaz Lanier. Watching his film he is explosive, got a good handle, shoots incredibly well from 3, and has such a quick release. I hope he either enters the portal soon, or that we are willing to leave one spot open for him.

I’m going to be honest, yall are free to disagree with me, my biggest want is Chaz Lanier. Watching his film he is explosive, got a good handle, shoots incredibly well from 3, and has such a quick release. I hope he either enters the portal soon, or that we are willing to leave one spot open for him.

Well, we have a lot of spots open!

Honestly

PG: ZZ / Boswell
SG: Lanier / Gainey
SF: Dubar / Mashack / Carr
PF: Igor / Cade
C: Awaka / JP

6th man: Mashack or you can start Mashack and Dubar can be your guy that plays 3-4 when someone needs a rest.

I know some don’t think Dubar is athletic enough, but I think he would do fine at the 3. This line up, everyone gets minutes, everyone is happy.

You would have 2 spots open. I’d use them on younger guys that don’t expect minutes right away. Go chase down some of these kids getting released from their NLIs

Honestly

PG: ZZ / Boswell
SG: Lanier / Gainey
SF: Dubar / Mashack / Carr
PF: Igor / Cade
C: Awaka / JP

6th man: Mashack.

I know some don’t think Dubar is athletic enough, but I think he would do fine at the 3. This line up, everyone gets minutes, everyone is happy.

You would have 2 spots open. I’d use them on younger guys that don’t expect minutes right away. Go chase down some of these kids getting released from their NLIs
Mashack is starting. Book it.

Don’t need to shoot 3s. They are taking the Edey playbook. Feed it to Snorlax and watch him eat. If that doesn’t work, well feed it to Munchlax (Malik Reneau) down low as well.

Oh that’s not enough? Okay how about Slim Jim (Mgbako) coming at ya.

Edit: little cousin is over playing Pokémon lol
I know you are big on him but he averaged 13 points a game last season, if Indiana thinks he’s going to be their Edey then they’re sorely mistaken. Purdue also surrounded Edey with shooters to make teams pick their poison.

Yes on April 4th this was my second Post in here... And I said this verbatim ---

"These two guys are ours to lose at the moment...both going through the NBA process but are both expected to return. Lanier + Thomas. Both are humble high quality character guys who interview extremely well .. Thomas is a much better defender and all around more versatile than Cade... Chaz Lanier..."

--- and you are correct things can change very quickly but I also still believe that they are "ours to lose" 👀

And I first posted about Chaz Lanier and St Thomas on March 22nd while we were still in March Madness, that was before I ever knew this group of existed... But I enjoy it here, but I never said 🍊🔒 I said "ours to lose" and in a way I still believe that statement... 😃
Might wanna let someone know then since Saint Thomas is headed to USC for a visit…

VN Store

Back