2024 Transfer Portal Thread

A young man that works for one of the websites in the Nashville area put together as much information as he could gather from a handful of message boards, bleacher report, and some of the supposed basketball recruiting "experts" on rumored NIL deals for committed and signed players to see what he could derive. It became a joke awfully quick so it is useless, but here is what he calculated from the supposed "insiders":

Kentucky $7M
Tennessee $10M
Arkansas $11M
Duke $11M
Louisville $12M
Baylor $14M

Obviously It appears that many professional college sports fan's coping method for losing a desired player is that the other school is paying BIG dollars to the player and we are just too smart and upstanding to overpay like them. Overpaying for NIL deals has replaced the cheating accusations. And some of the recruiting experts are looking for clicks.
UT does not have 10m earmarked for hoops NIL, good Lord. DK wasn’t even making 7 figures last season. All of those numbers are probably bloated, although UK is probably the closest to reality.

Lanier score 4 in G league game today on 2 of 4 shooting. He looked good, but he didn’t turn the world upside down. I don’t see much chance that he’ll stay in the draft. Boogie Ellis was incredible. I didn’t see anyone else who woke up the scouts.
How did he look playing defense? That was his reason for going to G league----to show the world he could play D

Reactions: Smokey 77
How did he look playing defense? That was his reason for going to G league----to show the world he could play D
These games end up looking like pick up games. Defense is all one on one. He looked fine, but I think he’s going to drop out of the draft this week. Nothing to gain by staying in.

Washington just bought the supposed top player in the portal, some guy from Utah State, for 1 year, $2 million, as reported by ESPN. Desperate to win: the new overarching motto of college FB and BB.

Reactions: Smokey 77

VN Store

Back