2024 Team Expectations

8-4, possible 9-3. Young team on offense, but I think they'll give people fits. The year following, eerbody better watch out!

If the o-line stays healthy 10-2 or 11-1. NC State did not look good in their bowl game. Ok wasn't that impressive either.A loss to UF at home will be a major disappointment.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
What? How many SEC teams have to play both Alabama and Georgia and we add Oklahoma on top of that. Is there a tougher schedule in the conference?
Auburn and TN are the only SEC teams that have the difficult schedule with both Bama and UGA. Every other SEC team only has one of either UGA or BAMA but not both.

Reactions: volfeeva
I’m thinking 8-4. Our offensive line is a major concern to say the least.
I agree. I like our D line and the rest of the defense. We will be much improved on D net year. My second biggest is the blocking of our RBs and TEs. That has to be fixed because we only have a true Freshman backing up Nico.

Everyone seems to agree on 8-4 and we probably agree on who those 4 loses are. Injuries, road games, all add to potential losses Also, portal commits or de-commits could have an impact. I think it way too early, and we should spend our idle time debating which team Lane Kiffin bails to , replacing a retiring Saban? Harbaugh ? Yes, I know he just got an extension, but that hasn't stopped coaches from leaving in the past.
I think 3 losses is probably the most we will get. OK, BAMA and UGA. 2 of them could be wins.

Strong finish to the 2023 season! What are our expectations for next season?

WR is slightly concerning but I think we have potential there. DB scares me with both depth and unproven talent but the pass rush should help. I actually think our schedule works out for us with home games against Bama and Florida. The game away at Oklahoma somewhat concerns me because of our away record but their QB Jackson Arnold didn't impress me and obviously Georgia will be a challenge. But depending on how Nico and our defensive backs progress I honestly think we should go 10-2.

2024 Schedule:
Chattanooga
NC State (in North Carolina)
Kent State
at Oklahoma
at Arkansas
Florida
Alabama
Kentucky
Mississippi State
at Georgia
UTEP
at Vanderbilt

Also took a stab at the potential starting lineup or the different options for starters. Let me know if any of this is off or needs changing:
OFFENSE
QB: Nico (RS FR)
RB: Sampson (JR)/Seldon (SO)
WR: Bru(Maybe)/Nimrod (RS SO)/Webb (RS SO)/Matthews (FR)
WR: Brazell (TR)/Thorton Jr. (SR)
SO: Squirell (JR)
TE: Staes (TR)
LT: Campbell (SR)
LG: Karic (SR)
C: Mays (SR)
RG: Spraggins (SR)
RT: Mincey (SR)

DEFENSE
DE: Tyre West (JR)
NT: Norman-Lott (SR)
DT: O. Thomas (SR)
LEO: Pearce (JR)
MLB: Herring(JR)/Pili (SR),
WLB: Carter (SO)/Tealander (SO)
CB: Gibson (SO)/Matthews (RS FR)
CB: McCoy (TR)
SLOT: Jourdan Thomas (JR)
FS: J. Slaughter (SO)/Jourdan Thomas (JR)
SS: Turrentine (RS JR)/Boo (FR)

Floor is 9-3 and the ceiling is 10-2 for 2024 with a bowl invite.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I’m thinking 8-4. Our offensive line is a major concern to say the least.
If we run the same offensive shceme we did against Iowa 9-3. If we run the offensive scheme we ran last year we could go 11-1. Because I think Nico will hit the downfield passes. Imo our wr will be much better next year than this year. especially if Bru and Thornton are healthy. Thornton was just beginning to hit his stride when he got hurt. He made a great catch on the play he got hurt on.

Reactions: volbound1700
9-3 with losses to Georgia, Oklahoma, and Alabama. I think TN could get Alabama, however, if everything goes well and perhaps go 10-2. The game at Arkansas could be tricky and NC State won't be a pushover.

I will check expectations but one item to note is the several talented seniors like Cooper Mays that are choosing to stay. They are making that decision because they believe we could be special in 2024.

Who are the 4 losses? Oklahoma, Bama, Georgia, and....?
No one thought we would get boat raced by Missouri this year, beat by a sorry Florida, or South Carolina last year. Got to win the winnable games, well maybe Missouri wasn’t a sure win game.

No one thought we would get boat raced by Missouri this year, beat by a sorry Florida, or South Carolina last year. Got to win the winnable games, well maybe Missouri wasn’t a sure win game.
Right, but I’m responding to the notion that there are 4 losses that everyone agrees Tennessee will have. Who are they? I only see 3 teams that would be favored over Tennessee on that schedule. And OU with Jackson Arnold doesn’t really scare me.

Strong finish to the 2023 season! What are our expectations for next season?

WR is slightly concerning but I think we have potential there. DB scares me with both depth and unproven talent but the pass rush should help. I actually think our schedule works out for us with home games against Bama and Florida. The game away at Oklahoma somewhat concerns me because of our away record but their QB Jackson Arnold didn't impress me and obviously Georgia will be a challenge. But depending on how Nico and our defensive backs progress I honestly think we should go 10-2.

2024 Schedule:
Chattanooga
NC State (in North Carolina)
Kent State
at Oklahoma
at Arkansas
Florida
Alabama
Kentucky
Mississippi State
at Georgia
UTEP
at Vanderbilt

Also took a stab at the potential starting lineup or the different options for starters. Let me know if any of this is off or needs changing:
OFFENSE
QB: Nico (RS FR)
RB: Sampson (JR)/Seldon (SO)
WR: Bru(Maybe)/Nimrod (RS SO)/Webb (RS SO)/Matthews (FR)
WR: Brazell (TR)/Thorton Jr. (SR)
SO: Squirell (JR)
TE: Staes (TR)
LT: Campbell (SR)
LG: Karic (SR)
C: Mays (SR)
RG: Spraggins (SR)
RT: Mincey (SR)

DEFENSE
DE: Tyre West (JR)
NT: Norman-Lott (SR)
DT: O. Thomas (SR)
LEO: Pearce (JR)
MLB: Herring(JR)/Pili (SR),
WLB: Carter (SO)/Tealander (SO)
CB: Gibson (SO)/Matthews (RS FR)
CB: McCoy (TR)
SLOT: Jourdan Thomas (JR)
FS: J. Slaughter (SO)/Jourdan Thomas (JR)
SS: Turrentine (RS JR)/Boo (FR)
Check my stats. I haven’t been wrong on a Pruitt or Heupel season. If you got the extra cash lay it down now. Tennessee will go 12-0 next season. Nico will win the heisman. They will advance to the CFP semis where they will lose. Book it. 2025 national championship. There would be nothing worse than a 10-3 season with Nico. He’s our Tebow. There’s never been a quarterback more tailor made for an offense.

Playoffs is the expectation. The reality may be different but now that there is 12 team playoff that should always be the expectation.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Tennessee will be similar to this years Washington team next year. We will have likely the best QB in the country with a stable of all world recievers and running backs. The difference is we will be better than Washington in the the trenches by a large margin. Tennessee is not a playoff contender next year, but a Natty contender.

One thing that needs to change is Josh. I really would love to see him drop 50lbs and come into next season lean and disciplined. I think if he does, the whole team will follow and be much more disciplined and eliminate the dumb penalties.

It’s hard to find a loss on the schedule next year, but I’ll say UGA escapes us in Athens
Imagine thinking a coaches weight has anything to do with his team’s discipline or on-field performance.

I always start my season predictions at 9-3 and go from there. I count FL, GA and AL as automatic loses. I’ve been wrong a few times in recent years 😂

We just beat divisional Champ Iowa ranked 17th ....with us having a bunch of opt outs
35-0.

Georgia will be the only team clearly better than us.
Florida will never go 0-12 because they play us. They will suck again, but they will still beat us.
10-2 to 12-0.

Regardless weŕe going to the Playoffs next season

VN Store

Back