2024 Presidential Race

Incredibly over simplistic. Housing prices are influenced by WAY MORE than government spending.

Having said that, everyone it seems agrees that we need to curb spending and pay down debt. So let's have a rational debate about how to get that done. But leave the dumbed down histrionics at the door.
Cut taxes. Stop spending. Repeat.

Oh please, no one’s saying Trump doesn’t spew lies (certainly not me).

The only point, which is obvious, is that the fact check cottage industry that sprang up under Trump has completely disappeared under Biden.

Against the backdrop of a steady stream of Biden misstatements and flat out untruths.

From June 2019 until November 2020, Dale appeared or was mentioned on CNN more than once per day, on average, according to Mediaite.
But Dale has become the fact-checker version of Edward Snowden under Biden. He’s almost impossible to find these days. In fact, Dale has not conducted even one fact-check of the president since June.
Overall, since taking over for Jen Psaki on May 13, Jean-Pierre has not been fact-checked at all by Factcheck.org, the Associated Press, Reuters, Washington Post or CNN
Stop disinformating.

No I get it.. I'm just saying that it isn't just one man doing this to us.
Much of the Covid spending was absolutely needed at the time. If you're against something that passes Congress 417-1 then you are an extremist or don't remember just how dire things were back then. The way I look at it: it was government that forced businesses to shut down therefore it was incumbent upon gov't to make these businesses and workers whole. It was a helluva lot of money but gov't forced it

Reactions: whodeycin85
He should have vetoed it on principle.

But no, he could not have stopped it. Not when the count was 417-1
My comment was about the budget spending

But yes, they would have overridden a veto but it would be on record. If he cared about spending and had taken a confident stance in combating covid it would have been the right move. Instead he was a weak leader and got told what was going to happen.

However it is Congress that comes up with the budget.
That is not entirely true ....

Guide to the Federal Budget Process | Bloomberg Government federal-budget-process/

The first step in the 7 step Federal Budget Process, is the President's Budget Request :

1) President's budget request

Early each year, the White House proposes the level of spending for federal agencies and programs. It outlines estimates for revenues and expenditures and details the administration's policy and spending priorities.

2) Budget resolution
3) Appropriations bills
4) Authorization bills
5) Revenue measures
6) Budget reconciliation
7) Debt limit legislation and raising the U.S. debt ceiling

.... and of course, it is the President who signs it into law.

Donald Trump was fiscally irresponsible .... just as Joe Biden has been.

Reactions: McDad
Much of the Covid spending was absolutely needed at the time. If you're against something that passes Congress 417-1 then you are an extremist or don't remember just how dire things were back then. The way I look at it: it was government that forced businesses to shut down therefore it was incumbent upon gov't to make these businesses and workers whole. It was a helluva lot of money but gov't forced it

No it wasn't needed. What was needed was to not shut down the economy and put millions out of work. States that shut down should have been allowed to wallow in their own misery with no federal assistance.

My comment was about the budget spending

But yes, they would have overridden a veto but it would be on record. If he cared about spending and had taken a confident stance in combating covid it would have been the right move. Instead he was a weak leader and got told what was going to happen.
He absolutely got bent over and did whatever he was told wrt Covid. He was incredibly weak, and acquiesced to others.

Big part of what make the Dictator histrionics so laughably absurd.

Covid was the ultimate power play opportunity - as evidenced by many State executives who seized on the opportunity and restricted rights.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Trump didn't do too much of this until Covid hit. I'd say GW Bush was worse fiscally than Trump
That is not true .....

.... and let's not forget that during Donald Trump's first two years in office, Republicans controlled both chambers of Congress.

VN Store

Back