2023 NBA Draft & Offseason aka Dame Time Is a Storm in Which We Are All Lost

I do think Dame can make Giannis better. This will be the most spacing he's ever seen. And the pnr combo should be so scary

Or Dame will hog the ball and show no effort defensive and Giannis will become less efficient because he will spend much more energy covering for Dame's lack of defensive effort. See Norman Powell and Robert Covington...

Or Dame will hog the ball and show no effort defensive and Giannis will become less efficient because he will spend much more energy covering for Dame's lack of defensive effort. See Norman Powell and Robert Covington...

I'll be surprised if Giannis' shot count decreases significantly. You'd hope his efficiency goes up

In the year McCullom was traded to Pelicans, his FG went up from 43% to 49% and 3PG went up from 38% to 39% after the trade.

And this is without NOP having a true PG....

LaMarcus Aldridge - Effective FG %

3 years Before Dame in Portland:

49.7%, 50.1%, 51.3%

3 years with Dame in Portland

48.5%, 45.9%, 47.9%

Remaining years since leaving Portland

51.3%, 48 8%, 52.0%, 52.2%, 53.2%, 52.5%, 56.6%

Bucks and Celtics playing chess...Holiday more stable PG than Smart ever was...I hate the Celtics but a good move on their part..losing Williams may sting some though..Porzingis isn't a physical inside player more finesse...

Reactions: Rifleman
I think Portland got a very good return for Holliday. Brogdon can be moved for additional assets...

2 unprotected firsts, 1 lightly protected first, 2 pick swaps, Robert Williams, Ayton, Brogdon, out of Nurkic's contact for an aging supermax guy that you weren't winning anything with (Dame)

Reactions: NashVol11
Scoot, Sharpe, Brogdon, Simons, Grant, Ayton, and Williams probably won't be any worse than what they rolled out last year...

If the Suns had been patient, they could've had Jrue instead of Beal, and kept some of their assets

The Suns gave up far less for Beal than what Boston gave up for Jrue...

Not sure about that. Time will tell because Wizards got 4 swaps. They also got CP3 which they turned into Jordan Poole, and 6 2nds. And then from the Suns perspective, when you consider salary cap moves that Suns are making because of the Beal contract....I gotta believe we'd be better off trading for the Jrue contract.

Some thoughts on all the Bucks and Celtics happenings:

After Jrue to the C's, Zack Lowe said he got messages from multiple EC front office execs that were more or less "F*** me."

I wonder if one of those came from the Bucks? I had Bucks over C's last Monday and now I don't know.

At this point, 76ers need to deal Embiid to the Knicks and move on. Knicks are now more ready for that deal, too.

I never want to hear anyone say you have to love a sport to be great, the best player in the NBA hated his summer because he played 2.5 extra months to win a title

I never want to hear anyone say you have to love a sport to be great, the best player in the NBA hated his summer because he played 2.5 extra months to win a title

He's doing what we all wanna do and doesn't love it. It's fine, whatever, but not endearing to me like it seems to be to others.

Contrast that with Austin Reaves last week on Lowe's pod talking about how Lebron and him were saying there is nothing more fun than the playoffs.

Reactions: NashVol11
But once again, I respect Harden for being honest: my man wants the bag, to party with strippers and to score points, he don’t give a **** about rings lol

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
But once again, I respect Harden for being honest: my man wants the bag, to party with strippers and to score points, he don’t give a **** about rings lol

But he's not being honest. Whether or not you're right about Udoka, or SAS is right, Harden was obviously saying Darryl Morey is a liar because he didn't get a contract that he thinks he was promised, but DM owes him nothing if he was angling to get to Houston.

How? How can it be this bad? A few people been saying it for 3 years. Now everybody says it. Just handcuff your right arm and stay in the gym 2 hrs a day all summer.

But he's not being honest. Whether or not you're right about Udoka, or SAS is right, Harden was obviously saying Darryl Morey is a liar because he didn't get a contract that he thinks he was promised, but DM owes him nothing if he was angling to get to Houston.

Okay let me clarify. I’m not respecting Harden for how he is handling it or anything like that, I just respect he simply doesn’t give a **** about rings and doesn’t care what people think of him because of it.

Okay let me clarify. I’m not respecting Harden for how he is handling it or anything like that, I just respect he simply doesn’t give a **** about rings and doesn’t care what people think of him because of it.

I got what you were saying. I was just riffing off it

Reactions: zjcvols
Not sure about that. Time will tell because Wizards got 4 swaps. They also got CP3 which they turned into Jordan Poole, and 6 2nds. And then from the Suns perspective, when you consider salary cap moves that Suns are making because of the Beal contract....I gotta believe we'd be better off trading for the Jrue contract.
I’ve been gone for so long but what is this “we”? I thought you were a Utah fan lol

VN Store

Back