2023 NBA Draft & Offseason aka Dame Time Is a Storm in Which We Are All Lost

Troy Weaver is the dumbass that has four centers on his team under 23 and is trying to play them all even though only one of them can kinda shoot, so Brooks would make sense

Troy Weaver is the dumbass that has four centers on his team under 23 and is trying to play them all even though only one of them can kinda shoot, so Brooks would make sense

Brooks wants to show more offensively and can probably convince himself to play center too.

IDK about playing them all, but the 4th center added was Wiseman which looks like a good asset they picked up for nothing. I hope the idea was to goose up the value of one of them and make a trade. You were tanking anyway.

Reactions: TBrown
IDK about playing them all, but the 4th center added was Wiseman which looks like a good asset they picked up for nothing. I hope the idea was to goose up the value of one of them and make a trade. You were tanking anyway.

I assume Wiseman will be trade bait this summer, maybe with a package to get someone established. Fanbase is starting to get irritated, especially if we don’t get Wemby.

Jazz needs = I assume we are sort of in the same position as last year. We're not going to tank but we're also not likely to take a big swing yet. If we do, I hope it's an Austin Reaves overpay (which would likely only be $80m or so?

Suns needs = now that we have no cap room and no tradeable assets except Ayton (who is currently a depreciated asset) the only moves are to hope high-level vets come in for the MLE. Pretty hard to win a playoff series when the opposition only has to guard 3.5 guys.

OK, the Suns situation demands that I get nutty with these thoughts. I think I actually came up with something all 3 teams might do:

Mavs get Ayton ($43m in and $29m out)

76ers get Chris Paul ($31m in $39m out)

Suns get Tobias Harris, THjr, Kleber ($70m in $65m out)

76ers would love to dump Harris' contract. Paul can be cut for half the cap cost and the rest of the contract is not guaranteed.

Mavs are in a tough spot and they want to get rid of THjr's contract anyway, Snagging Ayton while really only giving up Kleber would be considered a great move by lots of folks.

Suns would still need to solve PG, but it wouldn't even necessarily have to be a guy for their closing group. Those 3 + KD and Booker could be that.

God, it’s been 20 years since Darko was drafted, how long must I pay for Joe Dumars’ mistake?

Reactions: Rifleman
my mind tells me i should still love anthony davis for everything he did at UK, but damn he is such an annoying player to watch. whines, is always getting hurt, and just doesn't have that dog in him. too many times he's passive, just watches plays, doesnt assert himself. and he's ugly

Reactions: Vol since 77
If I'm Blazers, I'm trading Simons, Dame, and S&T Grant and collecting draft/young assets. Scoot is likely to fall to them. Scoot + Sharpe has scary potential. After 10 years of "the backcourt is way too small", they're going to be huge and athletic.

Reactions: TNHopeful505
If I'm Blazers, I'm trading Simons, Dame, and S&T Grant and collecting draft/young assets. Scoot is likely to fall to them. Scoot + Sharpe has scary potential. After 10 years of "the backcourt is way too small", they're going to be huge and athletic.
Charlotte will likely draft Miller, since they already have Melo. Portland got a gift handed to them with Scoot. I agree with you. I know they love Dame, but let him have success somewhere else and they focus on the future.

my mind tells me i should still love anthony davis for everything he did at UK, but damn he is such an annoying player to watch. whines, is always getting hurt, and just doesn't have that dog in him. too many times he's passive, just watches plays, doesnt assert himself. and he's ugly

Nobody can do what he does on D. Not since Garnett. I agree that he's missing a little bit of edge and yeah guys like Jokic can move him, but the actual results are phenomenal. The offense is hit or miss but that's partly because he's putting so much into the other end of the court. He's the best defensive player in the league. The way he covers space in the pick n roll...nobody else can do what he does and he does it all game. He's Rudy Gobert at the rim and he's a 7' Scottie Pippen on the perimeter

VN Store

Back